KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » If God was actually real, would he have any right to...

If God was actually real, would he have any right to...
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

"The Bible says, "Thou shalt not murder," yet God says to Joshua, "Go in and clean house, and don't leave anything breathing! Don't leave a donkey, child, woman, old man or old woman breathing. Wipe out Jericho."

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 1st, 2018 06:05 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Also I wasn't talking about killing babies in a flood, I meant the whole "kill the first born" thing. Though yeah the flood definitely killed babies too. There is a lot of baby blood on it's hands.

Also drowning is a horrible way to die. Yes it's true as God it could have killed them painlessly but...lol, f*ck that noise.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2018 06:07 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

quote: (post)
Originally posted by victreebelvictr
Yes, it is.

No person is perfect, none have made no sins other than Jesus.

Being an athiest will indeed lend you a spot in hell, you must believe, you don't just get in heaven for being a good person.

To me, that is ridiculous and makes God a jealous Narcissist.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2018 09:38 AM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Huh. This thread started out slow, but damn if it didnt become interesting. Thanks guys...thumb up

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2018 10:27 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by Surtur
Dude, I haven't even read most of your link, but here is the first part:

"It's right for God to slaughter women and children anytime he pleases. God gives life and he takes life. Everybody who dies, dies because God wills that they die. "

Wtf lol. That sounds like a super villain.

EDIT: I read it. It seems like nothing but a lousy justification for genocide. "God told him to annihilate the people so he did". Lol. You are worshiping some sort of thing that promotes genocide.

Oh I'm sorry, he apparently spared 8 people. So not 100% genocide! Achievement denied.

I love how it doesn’t even try to justify or rationalize God’s evil actions. It’s just like, “yeah, God gets to murder anyone he pleases for any reason, including no reason.”

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2018 11:37 AM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why does God hate donkeys though? What did donkeys do to it?

So when God see's sinners first it is like "okay time go some genocide, I'll spare 8 people".

Then it's "Oh I see sinners, so I'll have a kid, that is also me, and will go have him be tortured and killed to save the souls of the sinners. Also bee tee dubs they still go to hell if they don't worship me".

Clearly if this is real we are dealing with some sort of eldritch abomination that is enjoying toying with the things it created.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2018 01:13 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Reminds me of this clip:

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2018 01:14 PM
Flyattractor

You step in donkey shit and you wouldn't have any deep love for those Asses either!!!!!!!

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2018 06:59 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Donkeys play weird roles in the bible. Like this fun tidbit:

"He found the fresh jawbone of a donkey, reached out his hand and took it, and struck down a thousand men. Then Samson said: “With the jawbone of a donkey I have piled them into heaps. With the jawbone of a donkey I have slain a thousand men.”

Old Post Nov 5th, 2018 05:00 PM
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Originally posted by Surtur
Donkeys play weird roles in the bible. Like this fun tidbit:

"He found the fresh jawbone of a donkey, reached out his hand and took it, and struck down a thousand men. Then Samson said: “With the jawbone of a donkey I have piled them into heaps. With the jawbone of a donkey I have slain a thousand men.”
I believe that signifies that Samson took out so many soldiers with the weakest of weapons, shows how tough he is.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2018 05:03 PM
victreebelvictr is currently offline Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

https://biblehub.com/judges/15-16.htm

There are different versions of the quote, this is the most hilarious though:

"Then Samson said, "With a donkey's jawbone I have made donkeys of them. With a donkey's jawbone I have killed a thousand men.""

laughing

Old Post Nov 5th, 2018 05:04 PM
darthgoober

Originally posted by riv6672
...come to earth and tell us all how to live our lives?
Just bored/wondering.

I believe in God, but I believe there's a lot more nuance to him, the afterlife, and his expectations than most give him credit for. However, if I'm wrong about that and things are as clear cut and harsh as they're frequently made out to be, I'd have to say yes, he has that right. By the same token, if a programmer creates a video game from the ground up, he has the right to set it up any way he wants to. He has every right to dictate any and all aspects of his game. Even if he himself sets up variables, he has every right to say that certain results from the variables will result in a character being deleted from the game or whatever else he wants. It's the programmer's universe, no aspect of that universe is inherently entitled to anything beyond what's laid out by the programmer.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2018 06:50 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Spectre+
Restricted

Account Restricted

And I Dont Know Where Peeps Got The Idea That God Tortures People In Eternal Fire. When The Bible Sayssad2peter 3:9) "God......Is Patient With You Because He Does Not Desire Anyone To Be Destroyed, But Desires All To Attain To Repentance". And Then 1peter 5:7 Says "He Cares For You"

Even Job Who Formerly Thought God Was The Cause Of His Immense Suffering Said Later On : "it Is UNTHINKABLE For The True God To Act WICKEDLY, For The Almighty To Do Wrong!".

This Shows Contrary To What Some People Think God Dosent Torture People After They Die. Neither Is He The Cause Of Human Suffering.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2018 02:59 PM
The Spectre+ is currently offline Click here to Send The Spectre+ a Private Message Find more posts by The Spectre+ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

As you can tell from this book a bunch of ancient dead people wrote, the creator and overlord of all reality has a knowable will.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2018 03:49 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote