KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Nihilus runs the gauntlet

Darth Nihilus runs the gauntlet
Started by: The Ellimist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Freedon Nadd

quote:
1. Shield all of the insane sound, shockwaves, etc. coming from a massive ship multiple times the size of Mount Everest coming down orders of magnitude faster than any RL ship.

2. Shield the other effects of about ~10^20 joules of kinetic energy, aka about a thousand times more energy than the most powerful nuclear weapon ever detonated.

And this is the conservative estimate. I mean, give me a break.

Forgive my rudeness, milady. But is not Darth Sidious stated to be the most powerful Sith Lord ever? Should not his performances surpass all those who preceded him?

I mean the old man has enough power to mind-fog billions or trillions of beings to forget the burial of Lusankya and yet does not have enough power to safely and rapidly bury the Lusankya without for it to being noticed by Coruscant's individuals?
This sounds like some utter bullshit to me.

quote:
Let's talk about the environmental effects that lowering the Lusankya so quickly nobody could see it would have. If it takes the Lusankya 30 seconds to go from orbit to ground, that would still be witnessed potentially by millions of people, since a significant fraction of those in the visibility radius would happen to be gazing in that general direction at that time. But let's use that anyway:

Or he could just use The Force to cast an illusion that nothing is there and conceal the existence of Lusankya. I wonder why did he not do that? Maybe because he knows he has power over everything and everyone during his reign? Do you think Palpatine cannot use an excuse to temporarily shutdown communications during his performance of burying the Lusankya?

quote:
1. As pointed out before, if the environmental effects don't matter then it's actually EASIER to lower it quickly than slowly, unless if you're lowering it so quickly as to be accelerating it significantly beyond 1g, but there's zero evidence Nihilus can do that, so why does it matter?

Darth Nihilus Force-lifted the Ravager before his prime and kept it throughout space via his sheer will. And not to mention the cosmic effects present in space. After all we know that Ravager was a wreckage that Nihilus put together. At the speed the ghost flagship was traveling - it would be subjected to the pressure of friction which would require a lot of energy to keep such construct intact - given that ships use hyperdrive or hyperspace for travel. This makes Nihilus' performance more impressive actually. thumb up

(please log in to view the image)

Of course Sidious would be more powerful in his new body since he has deemed his old body "weak". Of course the reborn body is stronger given that it allows Palpatine to move and fight more efficiently. That is why the writer even mentions the body in the context. It simply emphasizes on the fact that with his new body - Palpatine is more fit to fight and a greater challenge for them.

quote:
Courtesy of Tempest. And that's not a "no-limits fallacy".

quote:
Holy cringe, this is cringe. The point isn't that he was a nexus, the point is that the nexus was more powerful than ever, and thus stronger than Byss, which was described as the "darkest place in the galaxy", aka stronger than Korriban, DK, etc.

All based on Leia's perception - which you are more glad to use to counter my points. Which you evidently fail at. Of course when compared to other Dark Side nexi other than the Eclipse and Byss.

You still have not refuted my point that The Eclipse is the collective Dark Side energies of both Palpatine and the other servants.

quote:
This reply literally makes no sense whatsoever. What does Sidious becoming a sith spirit have to do with what we were talking about? What does a vague qualitative prose like "embodiment of the dark side" have to do with the specific notation that the Eclipse > Byss?

OK, I stopped here. This was just too much ridiculousness to handle. I really want to try to be nice to everyone, but it becomes hard when:

1. You start throwing out snarky jabs (which I'm not bothered by - but they provide the basis for reciprocation)
2. Your series of rebuttals have been among the worst performances in KMC history.

Unless if you condense your reply to something less tedious or otherwise provide something that is of at least passable quality, I'm bowing out.

Me: "multi-ridiculous"?

How about the fact that you cannot understand that Nadd, Malgus, Malak, etc - all are Dark Side nexi? You keep using the concept that Sidious surely is so strong in The Force all because he is a Dark Side nexus - when I actually pointed you that Dark Side nexi are simply places or people deeply infused with Dark Side energy.

You keep using the "Force storm" argument as if Sidious' own strength in The Force is actually responsible for their enormous size - when I already showed you that anyone can conjure such destructive wormholes if they have sufficient Dark Side energies to wield. Heck - Palpatine himself confirms it in his research.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Last edited by Freedon Nadd on Dec 8th, 2018 at 09:22 PM

Old Post Dec 8th, 2018 09:11 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

LMFAO

I can't resist - this is just too funny. I'll just select a few of your more hilarious (troll?) replies for fun:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
Forgive my rudeness, milady. But is not Darth Sidious stated to be the most powerful Sith Lord ever? Should not his performances surpass all those who preceded him?

Yes, Sidious is the most powerful Sith Lord ever. But I never claimed he was omnipotent, or could do any feat ever, no matter how ridiculous. You obviously didn't grasp to any capacity the sheer magnitude of what Sidious would've had to do to lower the Lusankya faster than anyone could see. That would be such a comical feat so as to make any conversation about Sidious vs. Nihilus or Valkorion farcical.

Sidious not being able to lower several mount everests at hypersonic speeds and then shield the surrounding environment from a KT extinction level event does not matter because there is no evidence Nihilus could do that. Heck, there's no evidence that FotJ Abeloth could do that.

You just completely failed to understand the numbers that I tried to run through with you, and used your gut to conclude that TK'ing the Lusankya at hypersonic speeds was a trivial feat.

quote:
Darth Nihilus Force-lifted the Ravager before his prime and kept it throughout space via his sheer will.

Show me evidence he TK'd the Ravager at hypersonic speeds and then shielded the surrounding environment from a KT extinction level event.

quote:
And not to mention the cosmic effects present in space.

...what? You have no idea what you're talking about, do you?

quote:
At the speed the ghost flagship was traveling - it would be subjected to the pressure of friction

??? "subjected to the pressure of friction"? What?

quote:
Of course Sidious would be more powerful in his new body since he has deemed his old body "weak".

... no expression

Funny, because when I suggested that he could be stronger in his new body, you said:

quote:
That makes no sense at all. Otherwise Yoda would be less powerful in The Force than Dooku because Dooku is actually "younger" than him. Or Padawans would be actually a lot stronger than their Masters.

While proceeding to give some of the most laughably bad analogies I've ever seen. But concession accepted, I suppose. You can't even keep your position consistent from one post to another, as though you were a poorly coded chatbot.

quote:
All based on Leia's perception - which you are more glad to use to counter my points.

??? Your entire point about the nexus was based on Leia's perception in the exact same quote.

quote:
How about the fact that you cannot understand that Nadd, Malgus, Malak, etc - all are Dark Side nexi?

Actually, I responded to that with the most obvious point ever, which is that it isn't just about being a nexus, it's the magnitude of it, which Leia notes is "more powerful than ever", so more powerful than Byss, which she visited, and which is the "darkest place in the galaxy". Your inability to grasp the concept of magnitudes is rather amusing.

quote:
-Sidious and his Dark Side Adepts enslaved Byss mutually. Checked.

Wow, it's almost like I gave a detailed rebuttal to this point, and you just ignored it to instead repeat yourself.

quote:
-Sidious purposefully targeted the ignorants and the weak-willed because they were more susceptible to his influence. Checked

Wow, it's almost like you ignored my rebuttal, yet again. How convenient of you.

quote:
That means the process of burial was slow and not instant.

Wow, it's almost as if I've repeated to you multiple times why a slow burial without real-time TP would exponentially increase the number of people Sidious would have to deal with to potentially including trillions of people spread across the galaxy. Every counter you attempt to provide to this point does literally nothing to solve it, suggesting that you don't understand WTF it even means.

The reason why this discussion is so surreal is that it isn't even a question of disagreements over the Star Wars lore. You are butchering logic on a level so elementary that maintaining a coherent dialogue is impossible. I'm not kidding when I say that a chatbot could outperform you in many of the points you've tried countering. Are you just trolling?

I've tried to be nicer to you than the others on this forum have, but you're really making it tough man.

Last edited by The Ellimist on Dec 8th, 2018 at 11:52 PM

Old Post Dec 8th, 2018 11:50 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Valkorion
Nova

Or he could just use The Force to cast an illusion that nothing is there and conceal the existence of Lusankya. I wonder why did he not do that?

lmao it's crazy but this is actually a good point, perhaps the only one out of the cringiest post ever imho

It is possible Sidious used an illusion or cloak instead of TP, though that does not mean he did or didn't use TK, illusion over 19 km warshp is still mad impressive though

Last edited by Valkorion on Dec 9th, 2018 at 12:01 AM

Old Post Dec 8th, 2018 11:58 PM
Click here to Send Valkorion a Private Message Find more posts by Valkorion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

On the Force storm thing and how it doesn't scale to Palps power. In the DE audiobook Luke specifically says Palpatine is the source to the Force Storm wormhole.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Dec 9th, 2018 05:21 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by The Merchant
On the Force storm thing and how it doesn't scale to Palps power. In the DE audiobook Luke specifically says Palpatine is the source to the Force Storm wormhole.

Because he summons it? roll eyes (sarcastic)

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Dec 10th, 2018 10:27 AM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by The Ellimist
LMFAO

I can't resist - this is just too funny. I'll just select a few of your more hilarious (troll?) replies for fun:

Yes, Sidious is the most powerful Sith Lord ever. But I never claimed he was omnipotent, or could do any feat ever, no matter how ridiculous. You obviously didn't grasp to any capacity the sheer magnitude of what Sidious would've had to do to lower the Lusankya faster than anyone could see. That would be such a comical feat so as to make any conversation about Sidious vs. Nihilus or Valkorion farcical.

Sidious not being able to lower several mount everests at hypersonic speeds and then shield the surrounding environment from a KT extinction level event does not matter because there is no evidence Nihilus could do that. Heck, there's no evidence that FotJ Abeloth could do that.

You just completely failed to understand the numbers that I tried to run through with you, and used your gut to conclude that TK'ing the Lusankya at hypersonic speeds was a trivial feat.

Show me evidence he TK'd the Ravager at hypersonic speeds and then shielded the surrounding environment from a KT extinction level event.

...what? You have no idea what you're talking about, do you?

??? "subjected to the pressure of friction"? What?

... no expression

Funny, because when I suggested that he could be stronger in his new body, you said:

While proceeding to give some of the most laughably bad analogies I've ever seen. But concession accepted, I suppose. You can't even keep your position consistent from one post to another, as though you were a poorly coded chatbot.

??? Your entire point about the nexus was based on Leia's perception in the exact same quote.

Actually, I responded to that with the most obvious point ever, which is that it isn't just about being a nexus, it's the magnitude of it, which Leia notes is "more powerful than ever", so more powerful than Byss, which she visited, and which is the "darkest place in the galaxy". Your inability to grasp the concept of magnitudes is rather amusing.

Wow, it's almost like I gave a detailed rebuttal to this point, and you just ignored it to instead repeat yourself.

Wow, it's almost like you ignored my rebuttal, yet again. How convenient of you.

Wow, it's almost as if I've repeated to you multiple times why a slow burial without real-time TP would exponentially increase the number of people Sidious would have to deal with to potentially including trillions of people spread across the galaxy. Every counter you attempt to provide to this point does literally nothing to solve it, suggesting that you don't understand WTF it even means.

The reason why this discussion is so surreal is that it isn't even a question of disagreements over the Star Wars lore. You are butchering logic on a level so elementary that maintaining a coherent dialogue is impossible. I'm not kidding when I say that a chatbot could outperform you in many of the points you've tried countering. Are you just trolling?

I've tried to be nicer to you than the others on this forum have, but you're really making it tough man.

Make your points already. I do not know what are we talking about here.
What are you trying to tell me?

I am not going to continue this any further. Not because I cannot, but because I do not have enough patience to talk on these topics endlessly. It is evident you do not accept my statements.
Lastly, I have been nice to you too. Did you see me acting impolitely towards other members if they did not disturb me with their two-goody-shoes jokes?

I do not think so.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2018 11:54 AM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

I do not know what are we talking about here.

You are giving off that impression, yes.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2018 12:10 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

You are giving off that impression, yes.

Of course I do not. Because you do not do a very good job at proving me wrong. wink

Old Post Dec 10th, 2018 04:49 PM
DarthCaedus77

Nadd saying someone's doing a poor job at proving him wrong while that same person is roasting him is kek worthy.

"We stand on a tipping point where we can choose chaos, or order"
-Jacen Solo

Old Post Dec 10th, 2018 04:51 PM
Click here to Send DarthCaedus77 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthCaedus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by DarthCaedus77
Nadd saying someone's doing a poor job at proving him wrong while that same person is roasting him is kek worthy.

I know you want some vagina. But you are not going to impress ladies this way. I already said that I am not interested anymore in continuing this because she is clearly misunderstanding the context of these official statements. Sometimes you just have to accept the fact that some people cannot be reasoned with. wink

Old Post Dec 10th, 2018 05:12 PM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Dude, there was literally a part where you said it makes no sense for Palpatine's new body to be more powerful, and then in your very next post said that it's "obvious" that his new body would be more powerful. And that's not even close to the biggest fail - that's a title more apt for claims like that if Sidious used TK to lower the Lusankya, for some reason he wouldn't have to use TP because he should automatically be able to lower a super star destroyer faster than the eye can see. That is up there with the worst arguments ever made in the history of the Internet.

You are basically the only person who thinks you make any sense, and you're so arrogant and self-deluded that you just assume this is because everyone else is wrong. Even the TOR brigade thinks your arguments are embarrassing, and people literally assumed you were a satirical sock when you first joined. Time for some self-reflection?

Last edited by The Ellimist on Dec 10th, 2018 at 06:08 PM

Old Post Dec 10th, 2018 06:03 PM
Freedon Nadd

Dude, there was literally a part where you said it makes no sense for Palpatine's new body to be more powerful, and then in your very next post said that it's "obvious" that his new body would be more powerful. And that's not even close to the biggest fail - that's a title more apt for claims like that if Sidious used TK to lower the Lusankya, for some reason he wouldn't have to use TP because he should automatically be able to lower a super star destroyer faster than the eye can see. That is up there with the worst arguments ever made in the history of the Internet.

You are basically the only person who thinks you make any sense, and you're so arrogant and self-deluded that you just assume this is because everyone else is wrong. Even the TOR brigade thinks your arguments are embarrassing, and people literally assumed you were a satirical sock when you first joined. Time for some self-reflection?

As I said before - I am not continuing this anymore because you have not managed to counter any of my points. It would be basically useless as you would find "holes" in my statements to build your own arguments.

And it is self-evident that you prove me right because you apparently cannot understand the simple thing that the writer was emphasizing on the fact that Sidious' reborn body would make him move faster and be more efficient in battle. Your argument was that due to his reborn body was the Eclipse stronger in the Dark Side as nexus - which is wrong. But I like how you twist that statement to make me seem like a complete idiot. I was referring to physical strength, you were referring to strength in The Force.

If I was really arrogant and self-deluded I would have blocked you right here and then when you brought counters to my comments to keep my arrogance and self-delusions in check.

You dare calling me arrogant and self-deluded - yet you have no idea how I am in real life.

How does that work in the first place?

quote:
Even the TOR brigade thinks your arguments are embarrassing

It is not like they are not biased. Example being Ancient Power and Legends when it comes about Vitiate/Valkorion - which you may have noticed by now.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2018 08:10 PM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

If I was really arrogant and self-deluded I would have blocked you right here and then when you brought counters to my comments to keep my arrogance and self-delusions in check.

This is yet another in a long list of utterly incoherent sentences coming from you. The fact that you responded to me doesn't preclude you from being arrogant and self-deluded, lmao.

But anyway, no point in continuing this.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2018 08:27 PM
Intr3pId
Demon

Nadd winning

Old Post Dec 10th, 2018 08:29 PM
Click here to Send Intr3pId a Private Message Find more posts by Intr3pId Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

This was definitely one of the funniest discussions on KMC.

Originally posted by Intr3pId
Nadd winning
I wonder if he'll look back to these debates 5 years from now and think he was being retarded. He'll probably still think he was right laughing out loud

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Dec 11th, 2018 01:07 AM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

This is yet another in a long list of utterly incoherent sentences coming from you. The fact that you responded to me doesn't preclude you from being arrogant and self-deluded, lmao.

But anyway, no point in continuing this.

So you are actually "stating" how my personality should be like? No offence, but you love to assume a lot of things about me in general which are evidently false. You started all this by taking on my character traits all due to two fictional characters which hold no relevance in real life. Do you see me going in threads and call people self-deluded, stupid or arrogant all because they do not agree with my perception of a topic?
I think I do not. Unless, of course, they piss me off.

And here is the definition of arrogant:

arrogant

adjective
having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities.

quote:
The fact that you responded to me doesn't preclude you from being arrogant and self-deluded, lmao.

How is it not when arrogant people think they are better than everyone?

When you brought counters to my posts, I should have blocked you from not seeing my following posts in order to keep my arrogance(superior self-esteem) in check to not be ridiculed by other fellow KMC members. If I was really arrogant; I'd have never accepted that the source which states that Palpatine buried Lusankya with his men is an in-universe one when you pointed that out to me. I would have come with some crappy arguments telling that it does not matter if it was written by a historian because it is the writer writing those events - so he must be true, then. Or something on that shitty magnitude.

delusion

noun
belief in something that is not true:

When was I arrogant and self-deluded on this topic? Point that out to me. Was I a bit less knowledgeable on the topic(example: Lusankya source from the New Essential Guide To Characters)? Yes - I was. And I admitted that much.

I think you are confusing my (nerdy) lack of knowledge with arrogance and self-delusion.

Check this out and see what arrogance really is like:

https://blog.cognifit.com/arrogance/

Old Post Dec 11th, 2018 01:38 PM
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by Sinious
This was definitely one of the funniest discussions on KMC.

I wonder if he'll look back to these debates 5 years from now and think he was being retarded. He'll probably still think he was right laughing out loud

For serious?
Why do not you say something about the topic established by the original poster? Why are you calling me retarded? Do you have any proof on that? I do not know what is your problem - but you should go and see your psychologist to help you with your social problems.

Why is that some of you always feel the need to pick on people and call them names all because they do not agree with your own perceptions of something/someone?
Does it give you some emotional satisfaction?

Last edited by Freedon Nadd on Dec 11th, 2018 at 01:50 PM

Old Post Dec 11th, 2018 01:45 PM
Sinious
Yo Da Best

The quality of your arguments is the reason for why people think you’re retarded, not your outlandish opinions.

And yes, I have near 5000 pieces of evidance for your retardation.

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Dec 11th, 2018 06:52 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Anyway, there's no need for anyone to get escalate this.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2018 07:31 PM
Freedon Nadd

quote:
The quality of your arguments is the reason for why people think you’re retarded, not your outlandish opinions.

And yes, I have near 5000 pieces of evidance for your retardation.

How about proving it right now that the quality of my arguments are retarded?

As you may have already seen - I am willing to accept certain things when I am being wrong.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2018 07:41 PM