KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » So let's talk Brexit

So let's talk Brexit
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): « First ... « 21 22 [23] 24 25 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
They're saying Irish passports are about to become pretty valuable. Especially with poor Northern Ireland about to get utterly ****ed.
Yup, bloody disaster. Not a fan of the Orange men at all, I would be amused they got ****ed over but for the outcome for everyone in the North. What were they thinking trusting the Tories?

Old Post Jan 31st, 2020 10:07 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

I expect that to happen too. I'm just not discounting a miracle is all.

Not from the UK, but in the EU. Basically, people outside of Europe seem to grossly overestimate just how much power the EU has. For the most part, the EU doesn't set national policy in countries. It isn't active at any kind of local level, and the day-to-day life of most people in the EU is completely unaffected by being in the EU.

The benefits, however, are things like the market access. Having an EU passport (which is a pretty big boon). Financial support in times of recession. In general terms, being in the EU brings more benefits than being outside of it.

Sure, that might change, but it hasn't yet.
Thanks. I have a better grasp of the situation.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jan 31st, 2020 10:12 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Badabing
You can basically ignore EU diktat Bada, you might get a fine but that's the max.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2020 10:15 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Np, and it's basically what PB said too. They like to hand out fines, but atm they're basically a slightly less-shit UN.

Of course, they could try ****ing things up (Germany and France are the top tier of the EU), but it hasn't happened yet.

Originally posted by Putinbot1
Yup, bloody disaster. Not a fan of the Orange men at all, I would be amused they got ****ed over but for the outcome for everyone in the North. What were they thinking trusting the Tories?

Loyalty to a government that doesn't give two ****s about them.

Imagine, after all these years, I'll best Westminster is hoping Ireland are willing to take NI back.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Last edited by -Pr- on Feb 1st, 2020 at 01:23 AM

Old Post Feb 1st, 2020 12:46 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Europe has seen the bloodiest battlefields of the 20th century. I guess the EU makes sense to me in that context. I'm just always weary when government power is consolidated.

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Feb 1st, 2020 02:05 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

So it’s all over and done with, finally? How long before the UK wishes to rejoin? My estimation is within 20 years.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2020 08:26 AM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Feb 1st, 2020 11:32 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Europe has seen the bloodiest battlefields of the 20th century. I guess the EU makes sense to me in that context. I'm just always weary when government power is consolidated.

If any of them ever tried to grab any real power, I imagine things would get very testy.

Originally posted by Surtur
Brexit leader Nigel Farage leaves EU enraged with EPIC farewell speech

(please log in to view the image)

He came across as such a ****, tbh.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 1st, 2020 12:40 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

He came across as such a ****, tbh.

The establishment breakers always seem like c*nts to the establishment. It sucks when someone refuses to play by the rules and quits the game. The game ends.

He came across rather American and Patriotic, to me. But most Americans are loud boisterous c*nts, anyway.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2020 04:36 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
The establishment breakers always seem like c*nts to the establishment. It sucks when someone refuses to play by the rules and quits the game. The game ends.

He came across rather American and Patriotic, to me. But most Americans are loud boisterous c*nts, anyway.
he's a commodities broker who went to Dulwich College...

Old Post Feb 1st, 2020 04:48 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

The establishment? I'm Irish. An uppity English prick is always going to look like a **** to me. Especially considering the shit he's said about my country.

Even the Yanks at their worst were never that bad.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 1st, 2020 05:00 PM
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by Surtur
Brexit leader Nigel Farage leaves EU enraged with EPIC farewell speech

(please log in to view the image)
I have a primal urge to beat the f*ck out of that guy.

As for the thread, I hope the Brexit works out for the UK. As an American, I always thought as the Brits, Irish and Scots as 2nd cousins... thumb up

...that I only have to see once a year.

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Feb 1st, 2020 05:22 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I have a primal urge to beat the f*ck out of that guy.

As for the thread, I hope the Brexit works out for the UK. As an American, I always thought as the Brits, Irish and Scots as 2nd cousins... thumb up

...that I only have to see once a year.

That's the sad thing about it: Nobody really wants the UK to go to shit, because it's the people without safety nets, that rely on things like the NHS, that'll take the brunt of it.

And I say this as someone from the one country above all others that would be somewhat justified in enjoying the collapse of Britain.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 1st, 2020 08:21 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's the sad thing about it: Nobody really wants the UK to go to shit, because it's the people without safety nets, that rely on things like the NHS, that'll take the brunt of it.

And I say this as someone from the one country above all others that would be somewhat justified in enjoying the collapse of Britain.
Yup, from 1169 and the treaty of Windsor until 1922, a helluva long time to be occupied. We had all hoped the world had moved on and Europe would be a happy family at last. Then **** chops Cameron misjudged racism, xenophobia and ignorance in the UK.

Last edited by Putinbot1 on Feb 1st, 2020 at 08:32 PM

Old Post Feb 1st, 2020 08:30 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Them being told to stop waving flags was hilarious, they just kept doing it and walked out.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2020 09:44 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

The establishment? I'm Irish.

Yes, I know. You told me this back in 2011 when we talked about bad accents:

I honestly don't know; I think it's just a perception that Hollywood has when it comes to Ireland, the whole "oirish top of the mornin" thing. Until they move on, we're going to tend to get badly represented.

Thankfully it's not all doom and gloom though, as if you want an example of a good one, look at Matthew Goode in Leap Year. He's not perfect, but he's good. He even gets some of the slang right.

And to be honest I think the coaches can be as much to blame as the actors (when you look at what i mentioned above about perceptions).

And I've probably seen you point out that you're Irish about 10 more times since then. Don't worry: I know you're Irish and not from Northern Ireland. It's me, dadudemon: I didn't forget about our convos.

An uppity English prick is always going to look like a **** to me. Especially considering the shit he's said about my country.

Even the Yanks at their worst were never that bad.

That's almost comforting in a embarrassing laugh kind of way. At least we are not as bad as Farage...

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2020 12:58 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

he's a commodities broker who went to Dulwich College...

I think...literally nobody who has overthrown an establishment who was not also part of an establishment.

I see your tautological point and I understand what you're trying to do but it just does not work.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2020 12:59 AM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Say it isn’t so

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2020 01:30 AM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Yes, I know. You told me this back in 2011 when we talked about bad accents:

And I've probably seen you point out that you're Irish about 10 more times since then. Don't worry: I know you're Irish and not from Northern Ireland. It's me, dadudemon: I didn't forget about our convos.

That's almost comforting in a embarrassing laugh kind of way. At least we are not as bad as Farage...

Okay, cool. So with all that said... Ireland is the establishment?

I mean, if I'm missing something, that's cool.

Yup, from 1169 and the treaty of Windsor until 1922, a helluva long time to be occupied. We had all hoped the world had moved on and Europe would be a happy family at last. Then **** chops Cameron misjudged racism, xenophobia and ignorance in the UK.

I don't think it was just that, but yeah, that was part of it.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2020 01:34 AM
dadudemon

Okay, cool. So with all that said... Ireland is the establishment?

I mean, if I'm missing something, that's cool.

No, my point was mean to be taken as directly as possible.

Establishment breakers are almost universally c*nts. They have to be...to accomplish what they want.

Benjamin Franklin was generally a giant c*nt and was one of the major figures driving the American Revolution. So was Madison, Jefferson, and especially Adams: massive c*nts.

Look through histories on successful revolutions and overthrows. C*nts the whole way up and down.

And why is that? Because a mother f*cker has to be mad enough to say, "F*ck you, f*ck this, f*ck that, f*ck them, I'm out." And then actually be a big enough c*nt to do something about it.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2020 01:42 AM