KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » So let's talk Brexit

So let's talk Brexit
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): « First ... « 20 21 [22] 23 24 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
(please log in to view the image)

laughing laughing thumb up

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Jan 31st, 2020 09:41 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Robtard
But why feel bad for them? Those people should really know better by now.

Or as Bush once so eloquently put it: "There's an old saying in Tennessee - I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee - that says, fool me once, shame on - shame on you. Fool me - you can't get fooled again."

If a person doesn't know better, I don't consider it to be their fault. If they're unwilling to learn, though, that's on them.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 31st, 2020 09:43 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

So Rob and Putin, you 2 see nothing wrong when a special group elects leader without the people say so? The EU elected a President behind close doors, and no one knew about till it was over. And like I said, that was one of Farage strongest talking point.

Funny enough, the Uk went against the Monarchy because the elites controlled everything. And the US separated from the Empire because the elite few was making laws that did not benefit them.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2020 09:44 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by -Pr-
If a person doesn't know better, I don't consider it to be their fault. If they're unwilling to learn, though, that's on them.

Agreed. But with Brexit, how long have these people have had to "learn", how many more times do they get to ignore that Johnson's a conman, granted, a talented one. But still.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 31st, 2020 09:46 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by SquallX
So Rob and Putin, you 2 see nothing wrong when a special group elects leader without the people say so? The EU elected a President behind close doors, and no one knew about till it was over. And like I said, that was one of Farage strongest talking point.

Funny enough, the Uk went against the Monarchy because the elites controlled everything. And the US separated from the Empire because the elite few was making laws that did not benefit them.

My response was confusion in what you asked me pertaining to what I said.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2020 09:47 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

So Rob and Putin, you 2 see nothing wrong when a special group elects leader without the people say so?

You fool! The British are known for supporting laws and taxation without representation.

This is their thing, man!

dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

In a broader sense, the UK will probably be fine (though it looks like Scotland might actually pull away this time). It would be more convincing, though, if they weren't so desperate to still have access to the parts of the EU they liked.

A clean break is one thing, but this is anything but.

Anyone who really thinks Johnson is going to funnel all that money back (that's mostly been wasted anyway) in to the coffers of the common man, though? I feel bad for you.
So now we’re in the new world order. The time has come for those who wanted Brexit to finally take responsibility for it. Let’s hope they can make a success of it.

Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

This question is for people who are from the UK. Why are some of you against the Brexit? As an American, I would not want other countries meddling in decisions for my country. Is it just for the unity of Europe, or something else?

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jan 31st, 2020 09:51 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Putinbot1
So now we’re in the new world order. The time has come for those who wanted Brexit to finally take responsibility for it. Let’s hope they can make a success of it.

That's going to be a one-way road, my friend.

-If the Brexiters are somehow able to deliver on their pro Brexist promises and the UK flourishes, they'll take 100% of the credit and that's fair enough.

-If the UK economy goes into the shitter even more because of Brexit, they will pass 100% of the blame to everyone/anyone not themselves.

-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Agreed. But with Brexit, how long have these people have had to "learn", how many more times do they get to ignore that Johnson's a conman, granted, a talented one. But still.

Hey, if he's a talented conman, then it stands to reason that some people are going to be taken in by him.

The big test is going to be what happens when they're actually out of the EU, and people start asking where all that money is that was supposed to be poured in to the NHS. Politicians make promises all the time; it's when they actually get the power that they usually get exposed imo.

When the EU doesn't bend to their demands for market access (because really, at this point it would be a miracle if they do), and when Ireland doesn't give them the border THEY want, you'll start to see even more cracks forming. Sure, there will always be those people that can't admit they're wrong, but I think we will start to see public perception shift.

Of course, there's always the small chance that the Parliament will get the market access they want, the border they want, and might actually keep some of their promises. I mean, it's unlikely, but stranger things have happened.

Indeed.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

I wouldn't bother trying to reason with the sore losers. They have it set in their ignorant minds that nationalism = bad, globalism = good. If you're a nationalist and want strong borders/immigration laws then you're a nazi who loves Hitler.

Doesn't matter if globalist policies are screwing your country over; if you hate globalist policies then you're obviously just a racist lol. You can't reason with morons who think stupid shit like that so I wouldn't waste my time trying if I were you. They'll just end up calling you a racist as well... doesn't matter if you're not a white person.

If you love your country and want it to be independent and determine its own destiny then it's obvious you must love Adolf Hitler. Just accept it. Because we all know the idea of borders and nationalism was never ever a thing before Hitler came along lol. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Jan 31st, 2020 09:52 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Badabing
This question is for people who are from the UK. Why are some of you against the Brexit? As an American, I would not want other countries meddling in decisions for my country. Is it just for the unity of Europe, or something else?

thumb up

Old Post Jan 31st, 2020 09:53 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Hey, if he's a talented conman, then it stands to reason that some people are going to be taken in by him.

The big test is going to be what happens when they're actually out of the EU, and people start asking where all that money is that was supposed to be poured in to the NHS. Politicians make promises all the time; it's when they actually get the power that they usually get exposed imo.

When the EU doesn't bend to their demands for market access (because really, at this point it would be a miracle if they do), and when Ireland doesn't give them the border THEY want, you'll start to see even more cracks forming. Sure, there will always be those people that can't admit they're wrong, but I think we will start to see public perception shift.

Of course, there's always the small chance that the Parliament will get the market access they want, the border they want, and might actually keep some of their promises. I mean, it's unlikely, but stranger things have happened.

Indeed.

Fair enough.

I have doubts though, imo, it's going to get a whole lot worse before it gets better. ie Your 3rd paragraphs is the more likely outcome.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2020 09:55 PM
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud @ all the butthurt displayed by the crybaby remainers in this thread. laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 31st, 2020 09:56 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Fair enough.

I have doubts though, imo, it's going to get a whole lot worse before it gets better. ie Your 3rd paragraphs is the more likely outcome.

I expect that to happen too. I'm just not discounting a miracle is all.

Originally posted by Badabing

Not from the UK, but in the EU. Basically, people outside of Europe seem to grossly overestimate just how much power the EU has. For the most part, the EU doesn't set national policy in countries. It isn't active at any kind of local level, and the day-to-day life of most people in the EU is completely unaffected by being in the EU.

The benefits, however, are things like the market access. Having an EU passport (which is a pretty big boon). Financial support in times of recession. In general terms, being in the EU brings more benefits than being outside of it.

Sure, that might change, but it hasn't yet.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 31st, 2020 09:59 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Indeed.
I will simply use my Republic of Ireland Passport travelling to Europe and probably most places, my UK passport will just get linked to work Visa's.

I still don't get it, leaving a group of peers to become Trumps poodle because you don't like Black people? Silliest situation ever.

Last edited by Putinbot1 on Jan 31st, 2020 at 10:04 PM

Old Post Jan 31st, 2020 10:01 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Aww, need a tissue, pooty?

You poor baby. sad

Old Post Jan 31st, 2020 10:02 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud @ all the butthurt displayed by the crybaby remainers in this thread. laughing out loud
I'm a re-joiner not a remainer.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2020 10:03 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
Aww, need a tissue, pooty?

You poor baby. sad

Old Post Jan 31st, 2020 10:03 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I will simply use my Republic of Ireland Passport travelling to Europe and probably most places my UK passport will just get linked to work Visa's.

I still don't get it, leaving a group of peers to become Trumps poodle because you don't like Black people? Silliest situation ever.

They're saying Irish passports are about to become pretty valuable. Especially with poor Northern Ireland about to get utterly ****ed.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 31st, 2020 10:04 PM