KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker - Discussion Thread

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker - Discussion Thread
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (64): « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CaveDude33211

He says 12-year olds, which is close enough to being a teenager and not a child.

Sorry, that's just not true. You don't become an adult when you turn 13...unless you're jewish, but that's just a religious/ceremonial thing.
Feel free to disagree with george lucas though, I too think he's often full of shit. I just thought his opinion held weight among the 'real' fans.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2019 07:28 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Galan007
Really just depends how far they are willing to take the whole "new brand of force-users" concept... Because the original intent of the films almost did make it seem like it was going to be a soft-reboot of sorts -- formal "Jedi" and "Sith" were relics of the past.

But yeah, I certainly hope they wouldn't stoop that low.

I'll see it opening week out of principle(I've seen all of them opening week.)

But at this point all I'm hoping for is that it isn't terrible. /shrug

I mean I don't have a problem with a new group of Force Users. Hell, the Sorcerers of Rhand sounded pretty sweet(shame we didn't get much on them), Reborn, etc.

It's just, the movies making a new brand of Force Users seems very....out of left field because for the past 6 of them, Jedi and Sith pretty much dominated in terms of views, changing that, the general audience would be thrown for a loop and one I don't think many would like.

Plus calling them Skywalkers?...It doesn't fit, Christians work because it sounds different than Christ. I mean, if we're going for similarities here.

The Knights Templar weren't called Christs, they were called Templars, Soldiers of Christ.

Now bearing that in mind, Skywalker could work in the sense if the new organization is called Order of Skywalker, much like how the Templars was Order of Solomon's Temple, but individually they wouldn't be called Skywalker but something else.

So as the Order title? Yes, Order of Skywalker could work and doesn't sound half bad.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Apr 20th, 2019 at 08:26 PM

Old Post Apr 20th, 2019 08:23 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaveDude33211

But yeah, I certainly hope they wouldn't stoop that low.

They will.

I'll see it opening week out of principle(I've seen all of them opening week.)

But at this point all I'm hoping for is that it isn't terrible. /shrug

I did that with The Last Jedi - but all I did was feed a cancer.

Now I'm not wasting any more of my money on Disney.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2019 08:33 PM
Click here to Send CaveDude33211 a Private Message Find more posts by CaveDude33211 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaveDude33211

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
Sorry, that's just not true. You don't become an adult when you turn 13...unless you're jewish, but that's just a religious/ceremonial thing.
Feel free to disagree with george lucas though, I too think he's often full of shit. I just thought his opinion held weight among the 'real' fans.

I didn't say adult, my dear Mentat - I said teenager.

So Lucas is implying his films are for teenagers - which is accurate enough given some of the depictions of violence in them.

But, yes, I agree - he is full of shit and he lies all the time.

And - his opinion on Star Wars does hold weight with me, since he actually (partially) created it.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2019 08:37 PM
Click here to Send CaveDude33211 a Private Message Find more posts by CaveDude33211 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Zenwolf
I mean I don't have a problem with a new group of Force Users. Hell, the Sorcerers of Rhand sounded pretty sweet(shame we didn't get much on them), Reborn, etc.

It's just, the movies making a new brand of Force Users seems very....out of left field because for the past 6 of them, Jedi and Sith pretty much dominated in terms of views, changing that, the general audience would be thrown for a loop and one I don't think many would like.

Plus calling them Skywalkers?...It doesn't fit, Christians work because it sounds different than Christ. I mean, if we're going for similarities here.

The Knights Templar weren't called Christs, they were called Templars, Soldiers of Christ.

Now bearing that in mind, Skywalker could work in the sense if the new organization is called Order of Skywalker, much like how the Templars was Order of Solomon's Temple, but individually they wouldn't be called Skywalker but something else.

So as the Order title? Yes, Order of Skywalker could work and doesn't sound half bad.
Barring some major revelation in this film(which is entirely possible), I just don't get why they're still clutching onto the "Skywalker" title at all, tbh.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 20th, 2019 08:55 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Barring some major revelation in this film(which is entirely possible), I just don't get why they're still clutching onto the "Skywalker" title at all, tbh.

Because they clearly made a mistake with trying to kill the past. ....But yeah, I'm just trying to make sense of it, kinda doubt it'll go like that but eh as I noted, my curiosity is in the microscopic range.

Or Anakin Skywalker rises as a Force Ghost into the movie and does some stuff, that also is possible.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2019 09:06 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

thumb up

I mean *some* kind of revelation about the Skywalker lineage must occur in this, otherwise the film itself wouldn't be called "The Rise of Skywalker."

It's a bit troubling, because Disney could go any number of ways with it...

Old Post Apr 20th, 2019 09:10 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

thumb up

I mean *some* kind of revelation about the Skywalker lineage must occur in this, otherwise the film itself wouldn't be called "The Rise of Skywalker."

Oh wait! Seeing as Disney likes to pull from Legends...what about Luke's severed hand eh? The one that had his blue lightsaber. We don't know where that hand went and it was holding the saber.

...Rey could be a clone from that hand! Boom! Rey is a Skywalker just as a clone.

Or Kylo takes the last name Skywalker after going through some kind of montage.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Apr 20th, 2019 at 09:19 PM

Old Post Apr 20th, 2019 09:13 PM
CaveDude33211

thumb up

Episode 7 was called "The Force Awakens" because when George Lucas penned the script for it, the plot was about Midichlorians awakening.

Disney threw out Lucas's plot for Episode 7 - but kept the title.

Now Episode 7 is called "The Force Awakens" - but the plot has nothing to do with the actual title.

Disney is asleep at the wheel - do you really think the retarded title for Episode 9 has anything to do with the actual "plot"?

Not likely.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2019 09:18 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Oh wait! Seeing as Disney likes to pull from Legends...what about Luke's severed hand eh? The one that had his blue lightsaber. We don't know where that hand went and it was holding the saber.

...Rey could be a clone from that hand! Boom! Rey is a Skywalker just as a clone.

Or Kylo takes the last name Skywalker after going through some kind of montage.
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 20th, 2019 09:19 PM
Zenwolf

(please log in to view the image)

I know, even I had to pause after thinking about it. It also why the lightsaber was calling to her and why she had that vision of Bespin!

...It all makes sense!

Old Post Apr 20th, 2019 09:22 PM
CaveDude33211

That was already thought of when The Force Awakens came out.

The same reason why Kylo says Rey's parents "are nobodies".

If that's true, then they're just ripping off Timothy Zahn's story and altering a few bits so they don't have to pay him royalties.

Great job, Disney. You're fvcking worthless. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

I didn't say adult, my dear Mentat - I said teenager.

So Lucas is implying his films are for teenagers - which is accurate enough given some of the depictions of violence in them.

But, yes, I agree - he is full of shit and he lies all the time.

And - his opinion on Star Wars does hold weight with me, since he actually (partially) created it.

Early teens are still considered children. Child and teenager are not mutually exclusive

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Last edited by Bashar Teg on Apr 20th, 2019 at 09:24 PM

Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Some children's movies do have blood in them - but a movie where a guy gets mutilated and graphically set on fire is not something that any children's movie has ever had.

So while I understood the point you're setting up, unfortunately the violence in the Star Wars Saga still demonstrates it's not a movie aimed at little kids.

Hell, I didn't even count the scene with the Tauntaun's guts being sliced open - and the inference that Luke was going to be stuck inside the gory-cavity of a dead animal.
Jesus...

There's a segment of the population that feels the need to defend their chosen franchise as "adult" or "art" or "definitely not made for kids, I teel you hwat", and my assumption is that these defenders are themselves adults who wince at the potential stigma imposed on them for spending so much of their time online talking about, arguing over, making YouTube videos on, or reacting like idiots to Star Wars stuff. So to avoid feeling like wastes of space who invest so much of their time and emotional energy into a piece of corporate fiction, and who substitute fandom for a personality, I imagine it'd behoove them to lie to themselves about the nature of their childish obsession---"it's not for little kids, it's for big bois like me!"

Unless you actually are a kid (and judging from your attempts at endearing yourself to others apropos nothing, I'd wager you are) and just want to feel like an adult. In which case... lol arguing over f*cking Star Wars is not the way to do it. I'm an adult and I want to feel younger, so I come here and b*tch about how the Star Wars in MY day was such and such better. But it doesn't really matter because it's not actually important.

Yah - as much as I love you Lucien, that stuff still isn't for kids.

I don't recognize your username or even your avatar, and have no clue who you are. That was a weird thing to say.

Last edited by Lord Lucien on Apr 20th, 2019 at 09:25 PM

Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by Lord Lucien

I don't recognize your username or even your avatar, and have no clue who you are. That was a weird thing to say.

old kmc dweller with a new acct? I've done it...a couple of times

Old Post Apr 20th, 2019 09:27 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

A 2013 account, so probably not.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2019 09:28 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

oh I didn't check. f**k if I know then

Old Post Apr 20th, 2019 09:29 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Do you know Ellimist? He originally joined here in '08 as "Hewhoknowsall". He revealed years later through a sock account that he was only 12 at the time, and held a grudge against me for "not being nice to him". He talked like this guy is talking; coherently, but simplistically. And with a preoccupation on coming off as much older--the flattery from nowhere, the cringy attempt at being ribald, the sincerely strong opinions about something laughable. It stands out as an attempt at maturity and is quite see through.

Worse, I guess, if he actually IS a grown ass man who just comes off as a teenage child.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2019 09:34 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

i remember that name 'Ellimist', not much else about them

Old Post Apr 20th, 2019 09:41 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

He's kinda like Quan but without the self-awareness.

What name did you used to post under? I swear I've been looking at that water bear avatar for longer than 6 years.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2019 09:50 PM