KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Hulk runs a [weaker] JLA gauntlet!!

Hulk runs a [weaker] JLA gauntlet!!
Started by: Philosophía

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
(please log in to view the image)

He can be colourless, odourless, and anywhere within a 10km radius - in 3 dimensions. Unless you're imagining Hulk CONSTANTLY thunderclapping ASAP.....

I mean, you're probably imagining him like how a comic book would depict him - with lines denoting his head and face etc. But that's not how it works.

And I'm not even certain he can be killed.

I mean, Despero smashed him to pieces as a concrete wall, and he seemed fine.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2019 06:51 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

He survived for weeks inside Katana:

Old Post Jan 6th, 2019 07:04 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Faceless808
Lurking since 2009

Originally posted by beatboks
All freezing did was give her a chancento retreat which wasnt a victory. Clearly since Lobo could still talk he wasnt completwly frozen either. Hulk draws energy from a gamma dimension almost limitless. Zee isnt limitless she has likits and costs. Proof she can affect him enough to actually get a win?

I did mention that I wasn't saying that it would get Zatanna the win. But I do believe Zatanna has a better chance to BFR Hulk before he has a chance to reach her.

Inspired by AlbertoJohnAvil with special thanks to Damborgson

Old Post Jan 6th, 2019 07:39 PM
Faceless808 is currently offline Click here to Send Faceless808 a Private Message Find more posts by Faceless808 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I chuckled at the notion that FS would be useless against someone like Hulk, lol.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 6th, 2019 08:00 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

He can be colourless, odourless, and anywhere within a 10km radius - in 3 dimensions. Unless you're imagining Hulk CONSTANTLY thunderclapping ASAP.....

I mean, you're probably imagining him like how a comic book would depict him - with lines denoting his head and face etc. But that's not how it works.

Unless he becomes a colourless gas beyond Sight range of Hulk how is that helping.

Hulk sees an opponent dissappear in front of his eyes and the obvious answer is to thunder clap. Its the obvious thing ro do to an known invisible opponent.

Nothing in the OP says anything about pre-knowledge, as such he's not going to become a gaseous form 10 km away that may take days to get to hulk. Without it being done outside Hulks perception it doesnt fly. Also
quote:
CIS/CIP on.

quote:
I chuckled at the notion that FS would be useless against someone like Hulk, lol.

Never said any such thing. I said he was inebof the only 2 that would trouble Hulk. If he was a version that could manip organic things (like when Ronnie got the power back solo and Steinnwas fire elemental) he could win. I just dont see him winning whennhe can only affect the area.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2019 09:32 PM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

You don't think FS could BFR Hulk with a gesture at the very least?

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 6th, 2019 09:34 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Unless he becomes a colourless gas beyond Sight range of Hulk how is that helping.

Hulk sees an opponent dissappear in front of his eyes and the obvious answer is to thunder clap. Its the obvious thing ro do to an known invisible opponent.

Nothing in the OP says anything about acknowledge it

Aside from the basic knowledge standard with these fights. Whatever the public knows, basically.

Hulk wouldn't know Scott Free has the ALE, but he'd sure know he's an escape artist, and former JLA member.

Lack of pre-knowledge would hurt Hulk as much, anyways, considering Rex's powers. He's like Plastic Man with mineral/chemical morphing, instead of shape shifting. He could literally travel along the dirt as deposits, if he wanted to.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2019 10:03 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by Galan007
You don't think FS could BFR Hulk with a gesture at the very least?

Has Firestorm gained a power I'm unaware of? Didnt know he was capable of this.

Only one I could see BFRing is Zee and its not like she does it all that often. Its not a go to out of the gate option. CIS is on.

quote:

Lack of pre-knowledge would hurt Hulk as much, anyways, considering Rex's powers. He's like Plastic Man with mineral/chemical morphing, instead of shape shifting. He could literally travel along the dirt as deposits, if he wanted to

How so? Hulk has decases of fighting as a reactionary brute. No planning or thinking in a fight beyond the basic "Hulk smash". The options available for Rex to win require him to get close enough to be an invisivle gas around Hulk's head.a 10km starting distance doesnt make this easy at all.

Id also like to see scans of Rex travelling as dirt on the side of the road and see just how fast he is. Usually he travels as a visible gas and ita not a fast mode of transport what your auggesting would be much slower. Why would Hulk wait around? Why would Tex choose to do that whennhe never has before WITHOUT PRE KNOWLEDGE. Its a ludicrous ascertain at best.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2019 01:20 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Nothing in the OP says anything about pre-knowledge, as such he's not going to become a gaseous form 10 km away that may take days to get to hulk. Without it being done outside Hulks perception it doesnt fly.

Over 10km, Hulk is going to see someone disappear, and then what, continuously thunderclap? When Rex could be floating high up in the sky, or whatever? THAT'S doubtful. Note, I'm not saying Hulk can't possibly see over that distance, I'm saying he's not starting a match scanning the horizon in all directions, and upwards etc.

No pre knowledge specified in OP, so we default to forum rules. So Rex knows what the population of Marvel Earth knows about Hulk...The guy who nearly destroyed Manhattan with a single footstep, nearly beat Black Bolt to death on the moon, enslaved Tony Stark etc etc.

Yeah, Rex will know all of this and think gee, better turn into iron and go h2h with him.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2019 09:02 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Over 10km, Hulk is going to see someone disappear, and then what, continuously thunderclap? When Rex could be floating high up in the sky, or whatever? THAT'S doubtful. Note, I'm not saying Hulk can't possibly see over that distance, I'm saying he's not starting a match scanning the horizon in all directions, and upwards etc.

No pre knowledge specified in OP, so we default to forum rules. So Rex knows what the population of Marvel Earth knows about Hulk...The guy who nearly destroyed Manhattan with a single footstep, nearly beat Black Bolt to death on the moon, enslaved Tony Stark etc etc.

Yeah, Rex will know all of this and think gee, better turn into iron and go h2h with him.

1st I already said several posts ago that if Rex turned to gas at that 10km distance Hulk wouldnt see him. and IF he did so with no pre knowledge hiw would Rex even know which direction to go in to attack Hulk. That is my whole point. To even engage Hulk he would have to turn into a gas in sensory range.

quote:
Nothing in the OP says anything about pre-knowledge, as such he's not going to become a gaseous form 10 km away that may take days to get to hulk. Without it being done outside Hulks perception it doesnt fly. Also

Neither Hulk nor Rex possess enhanced senses. IF Rex turned into a colourless gas 10km from Hulk without pre knowledge he wont know where he is to be a threat. He travels in that form literally on the wind so would rely on a breaze pushing him in hulks direction. Given that a decent average wind speed would be about 30km/h IF hulk stays still and doesnt move out of Rex's path AND IF the wind is conveliently traveling in a straight direction toward Hulk (so basically Rex needs Longshot or Domino's luck for it to happen) he might come across Hulk in 20 minutes or so.

Wind normally travels in a preasure system to have that sort of speed (which means circular) so it would in fact be much longer than 20 minutes if at all.

The simple fact is there is no way that Rex turning to a colourless kms away from Hulk will ever eventuate in a battle. The two will simply never meet and since Rex is doing this to himself the result is a self BFR since hes effectively removing himswlf from thw part of the battledield Battle takes place.

On the other hand if he does it in viaible range of Hulk and Hulk does thunderclap dispersing said gas, this would count as a BFR wich is in fact a win condition under the thread stips.why would he have to
quote:
continuously thunderclap?
when the very first one met the conditions needed for a win??

Old Post Jan 11th, 2019 11:06 AM
DarkSaint85

Woah woah.

Since when did Rex need the wind to push him? He can travel along just fine as a gas.

I know the scan shows how he has to use his sensory abilities etc etc, and I'm not claiming he can scan 10kms (even though the Hulk is pretty standout with his gamma rads). But he's hardly a helpless drifting dandelion seed, lol.

Not self BFR, as he's still on the battlefield, which is 10km in size.if he goes 12km away, then sure, it's self BFR.

Edit: I think what you actually mean is, it's a stalemate.

So Hulk stalemates at 2.

Last edited by DarkSaint85 on Jan 11th, 2019 at 11:19 AM

Old Post Jan 11th, 2019 11:17 AM
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Wait you literally provided a scan showing it would take him "half a day" to search a ventilation system in gas form (which btw is a system where air moves either in or out). A system that at best would be 1 km long (thats assuming it's one humongous freeking skyrise).

I'd dig up a few dozen scans that show rex moves on the wind when in gas form but since your own evidence completely proved my point about how bad an idea it is turning to invisivle gas 10 kms away why bother.

I mean seriously dude, are you reading what your posting?

So its a stalemate if one clmbatant doesnt engage now? If Rex turns to gas 10km away he will never reach hulk to fight him. He may as well have run from battle. It it would take him half a day to search a buildings vent system it would take him days to get in range of Hulk.

If he turnsnto gas anywhere within a km of Hulk a single thunderclap disperses him enough to count as a KO. The proof of which os literally how he suffered one of his "deaths" (all four of which he eventually reformed but they would still count as a forum win)

Old Post Jan 11th, 2019 03:28 PM
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Metamorpho's travelling is not dependent on him waiting for the wind to luckily blow in the direction he wants. He consciously controls his direction.

Can't believe you're making this argument.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Jan 11th, 2019 03:32 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Wait you literally provided a scan showing it would take him "half a day" to search a ventilation system in gas form (which btw is a system where air moves either in or out). A system that at best would be 1 km long (thats assuming it's one humongous freeking skyrise).

I'd dig up a few dozen scans that show rex moves on the wind when in gas form but since your own evidence completely proved my point about how bad an idea it is turning to invisivle gas 10 kms away why bother.

I mean seriously dude, are you reading what your posting?

So its a stalemate if one clmbatant doesnt engage now? If Rex turns to gas 10km away he will never reach hulk to fight him. He may as well have run from battle. It it would take him half a day to search a buildings vent system it would take him days to get in range of Hulk.

If he turnsnto gas anywhere within a km of Hulk a single thunderclap disperses him enough to count as a KO. The proof of which os literally how he suffered one of his "deaths" (all four of which he eventually reformed but they would still count as a forum win)

Lol. How long would it take you to search a high-rise building?

A ventilation system is one way. How does one search it if you're at the mercy of the currents, lol.

Here's Rex moving as a gas, unless you think there was a lucky air spiral...

I don't think you understand what BattleField Removal means. Rex is still on the Battlefield. So him turning to gas isn't BFR..

Old Post Jan 11th, 2019 03:47 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

of course it isn't.... but he wouldn't need to start as gas to cover ground. he can turn just part of his body to gas and propel himself at rocket speeds if he chose. the wind plays no part in his ability to move as a gas though....

Old Post Jan 11th, 2019 04:27 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Beatboks: DS` scan shows Rex using his senses to locate the bomb, then having to wait until a Longshot level lucky air current pushes him towards it.

'Oh no! My senses tell me that the bomb is this way, but because there's no air current flowing there, I'll have to wait until something blows me there!!!'

Old Post Jan 11th, 2019 04:28 PM
DarkSaint85

Here, 2 baddies are literally blowing into each others mouths....That's the only logical explanation as to how Rex is getting into their lungs!

Old Post Jan 11th, 2019 04:31 PM
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

I don't think any character that can turn into gas has to rely on the wind for him/her to move, unless it's the moment they got their powers and are confused af.

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Jan 11th, 2019 04:41 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

lol seriously, makes no sense. not sure his max speed, but like i said, if he needs to cover ground quickly he can do so. shift--a lesser version of rex that was later assimilated by rex himself, was also able to survive ground zero of a nuclear explosion. he was scattered for a few minutes but put himself back together just fine. rex is no push over.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2019 04:48 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

Originally posted by leonidas
of course it isn't.... but he wouldn't need to start as gas to cover ground. he can turn just part of his body to gas and propel himself at rocket speeds if he chose. the wind plays no part in his ability to move as a gas though....

beat me to it.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2019 05:02 PM
staxamillion is currently offline Click here to Send staxamillion a Private Message Find more posts by staxamillion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote