KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » What is Toxic Masculinity?!

What is Toxic Masculinity?!
Started by: SquallX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Emperordmb
LSDMB

YAY welcome back Surtur

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jan 21st, 2019 03:19 AM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
What would the SJW reaction be if a gay man told his passive gay lover to shutup and go make him a sandwich?

That is not really how gay relationships work.

A good example would be from a Grindr profile I recently read:

"Men basically have two feelings: hungry and horny. So if I don't see you with an erection, I'll make you a sandwich."

That is how you find and keep a man, amirite?

Old Post Jan 21st, 2019 03:39 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
That is not really how gay relationships work.

A good example would be from a Grindr profile I recently read:

"Men basically have two feelings: hungry and horny. So if I don't see you with an erection, I'll make you a sandwich."

That is how you find and keep a man, amirite?

Hilariously that is a HUGE part of that nasty toxic masculinity.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2019 05:20 AM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

George Carlin had an interesting bit about the stupid shit lots of men are guilty of doing, well before these types of attitudes and behaviors became known as toxic masculinity.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2019 08:51 AM
Eternal Idol is currently offline Click here to Send Eternal Idol a Private Message Find more posts by Eternal Idol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Pretty much everything EI, Raptor and Bash said is toxic masculinity.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2019 09:02 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Toxic Masculinity is essentially just when a male acts in a way that harms other(and perhaps even himself) just to seem "powerful". There is also Toxic Femininity, which I feel is overlooked at times(girls looking down upon other girls because of clothes, makeup, hobbies).

Both essentially take the olden stereotypes of a gender(women are pretty, men are stronk) and try to project their adherence to said stereotype with inherently destructive behaviour. It's bad.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Jan 21st, 2019 01:22 PM
MythLord is currently offline Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by MythLord

Both essentially take the olden stereotypes of a gender(women are pretty, men are stronk) and try to project their adherence to said stereotype with inherently destructive behaviour

thumb up somewhere gentleman and ladies became bros and hoes

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2019 01:50 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
i see toxic masculinity is a refusal or inability to give up one's maladjusted juvenile mob-rules mentality. "i'm right because my bros say so", which applies to everything from assault, rape, murder, gang violence, nazis, etc. it all starts from childhood. it all begins with the 'lord of the flies' phenomenon of unchecked power given to the young. i believe this is an example of toxic masculinity in it's purest simplest form:

i don't believe that any of these kids are inherently evil, any more than king joffrey was. their minds were warped and twisted to a point where, in this video, they all feel 100% justified in mocking and mob-menacing senior citizens, as they likely would have if they chose to tear him into pieces.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2019 02:59 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Toxic Masculinity is essentially just when a male acts in a way that harms other(and perhaps even himself) just to seem "powerful". There is also Toxic Femininity, which I feel is overlooked at times(girls looking down upon other girls because of clothes, makeup, hobbies).

Both essentially take the olden stereotypes of a gender(women are pretty, men are stronk) and try to project their adherence to said stereotype with inherently destructive behaviour. It's bad.

Toxic femininity is overlooked.."at times" ? Indeed? Let's explore this a bit shall we. What does this mean? It sounds like you're saying it's only some of the time it gets overlooked, when I'd argue most of the time it either gets overlooked or put under a label other than "toxic femininity".

Do you feel women would be okay with a similar commercial calling out toxic femininity? "Don't gold dig, don't fat shame other women cuz women can be catty and talk shit about each other more than men talk shit about women".

Do you feel they'd embrace such a message?

Old Post Jan 21st, 2019 03:03 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
thumb up somewhere gentleman and ladies became bros and hoes
thumb up

Old Post Jan 21st, 2019 03:09 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ArtificialGlory

I was gonna give the guy the benefit of the doubt and assume he posted this before the narrative fell apart, but nah I looked at the time stamp...it was already falling apart by the time it was posted.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2019 03:11 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by Surtur
I was gonna give the guy the benefit of the doubt and assume he posted this before the narrative fell apart, but nah I looked at the time stamp...it was already falling apart by the time it was posted.

Toxic nativity? Toxic nativeness? Is that a thing?

Old Post Jan 21st, 2019 03:15 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Toxic nativity? Toxic nativeness? Is that a thing?

Toxic whiteness. It's a killer.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2019 03:19 PM
MythLord
Diamond

Originally posted by Surtur
Toxic femininity is overlooked.."at times" ? Indeed? Let's explore this a bit shall we. What does this mean? It sounds like you're saying it's only some of the time it gets overlooked, when I'd argue most of the time it either gets overlooked or put under a label other than "toxic femininity".

Do you feel women would be okay with a similar commercial calling out toxic femininity? "Don't gold dig, don't fat shame other women cuz women can be catty and talk shit about each other more than men talk shit about women".

Do you feel they'd embrace such a message?

Not sure about gold digging, tbh, but given how much body positivity matters to most current left-leaning female activists, I doubt a commercial where a b!tch gets called out for fat/****/illness shaming would be looked down upon.
I'm sure it'd recieve the same praise this commercial did. The key difference is Toxic Masculinity is more talked about because it has far more people defending it, than Toxic Femininity does.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Jan 21st, 2019 04:54 PM
MythLord is currently offline Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not sure about gold digging, tbh, but given how much body positivity matters to most current left-leaning female activists, I doubt a commercial where a b!tch gets called out for fat/****/illness shaming would be looked down upon.
I'm sure it'd recieve the same praise this commercial did. The key difference is Toxic Masculinity is more talked about because it has far more people defending it, than Toxic Femininity does.

Well why wouldn't toxic masculinity be talked about more when it's the far more abused term out of the two?

Old Post Jan 21st, 2019 06:10 PM
Silent Master

Are you sure the key difference isn't that Toxic Masculinity is more talked about because it has far more people accusing others of it?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2019 06:14 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Spectre+
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by SquallX
So is it toxic masculinity when I yell at a female soldier because she’s been an ass?

why do i have this feeling you actually did that..

Old Post Jan 21st, 2019 07:05 PM
The Spectre+ is currently offline Click here to Send The Spectre+ a Private Message Find more posts by The Spectre+ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by The Spectre+
why do i have this feeling you actually did that..

I did, then we spent 15 minutes of corrective training. We can’t smoke soldiers anymore, so it’s now called corrective training.

As the corrective training was taking place, I was letting her know the exact reasons why she’s been punished. Didn’t want her running to PLT Sgt and claims I unfairly punished her.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2019 07:37 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Spectre+
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by SquallX
I did, then we spent 15 minutes of corrective training. We can’t smoke soldiers anymore, so it’s now called corrective training.

As the corrective training was taking place, I was letting her know the exact reasons why she’s been punished. Didn’t want her running to PLT Sgt and claims I unfairly punished her.

fair enough.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2019 07:58 PM
The Spectre+ is currently offline Click here to Send The Spectre+ a Private Message Find more posts by The Spectre+ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by snowdragon
Hilariously that is a HUGE part of that nasty toxic masculinity.

There is nothing toxic about two people who want to be ****ed and fed.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2019 08:08 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote