KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Oscars 2019

Oscars 2019
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Broly will be a nom for 2019

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2019 09:55 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Couldn't care less, I hate how political this shit is now. BP isn't even close to being a contender for best picture.

The worst thing about it's shitty, token nomination, is that there actually were black films this year that are good enough to compete for best picture. KKKlansmen was great, I didn't like the message of Sorry to Bother You but the acting and directing were great. Green Book isn't in the same tier as those two but it had great performances from the leads. Like, there are actual good films starring or made by PoC that can stand on their own merits rather then relying on populism. This pandering isn't necessary.

If any marvel film this side of the decade deserved an oscar the closest would be Infinity War. That film is an ACTUAL feat for cinema.

I really liked Infinity War, but it's nowhere close to as well made as Black Panther was. Infinity War was fanservice. Excellent, well made fanservice, but fanservice nonetheless. Black Panther was a Titanic level cultural juggernaut.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2019 11:18 PM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Infinity War was a far better movie than BP.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2019 11:30 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
Black Panther was a Titanic level cultural juggernaut.

The hell?

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2019 11:41 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

I know right lol

Old Post Jan 24th, 2019 12:17 AM
NemeBro

Originally posted by ares834
The hell?
I know right? Black Panther is far better than Titanic and will be remembered longer. thumb up

Old Post Jan 24th, 2019 12:51 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Was hoping to see Hereditary get some nominations. Really deserved to imo.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2019 01:05 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by BackFire
Was hoping to see Hereditary get some nominations. Really deserved to imo.
The Awards hate horror my man, you know how it is.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2019 01:58 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WolvesofBabylon
Welcome to the machine

Black Panther is MAYBE top 10 comic movie at best.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2019 02:02 AM
WolvesofBabylon is currently offline Click here to Send WolvesofBabylon a Private Message Find more posts by WolvesofBabylon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Horror films always get snubbed and same with comic films until now.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2019 02:24 AM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Wow. This really isnt getting to you at all.
Yeah I was out of line there, sorry about that mate. Film making as an art form is something I'm passionate about but that's no excuse for going apeshit on you.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jan 24th, 2019 04:27 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Originally posted by Senor Cage
BP was solid, but nothing special. Glad it got many nominations, though.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 24th, 2019 04:29 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

That was you in the Aquaman thread. laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 24th, 2019 05:00 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

That was you in the Aquaman thread. laughing out loud

Ha, Aquaman was just another Bayformers type movie. Bland to Mediocre movie that makes bank.

I didnt think AQ was all that but even I liked it more than you did, before you started faking it.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2019 05:08 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Inhuman
Ha, Aquaman was just another Bayformers type movie. Bland to Mediocre movie that makes bank.

I didnt think AQ was all that but even I liked it more than you did, before you started faking it.

This is the Oscar thread, buddy. Go cry about AM somewhere else.

I liked Panther for the most part. Solid B. But let's not kid ourselves. It's nothing special on the BP list. it's not going to win any major awards, and will probably win most of the technical ones.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2019 05:16 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

This is the Oscar thread, buddy. Go cry about AM somewhere else.

You brought up AQ erm
AQ is old news, only one still posting in dead thread is you.

Last edited by Inhuman on Jan 24th, 2019 at 05:20 AM

Old Post Jan 24th, 2019 05:18 AM
Senor Cage

And you extended the conversation. Get back on topic, sport.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2019 05:23 AM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Tzeentch
Yeah I was out of line there, sorry about that mate. Film making as an art form is something I'm passionate about but that's no excuse for going apeshit on you.

Lol no worries

Old Post Jan 24th, 2019 07:48 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

In terms of actually winning major awards Infinity War has a decent shot at winning best Visual Effects methinks.

I liked Panther for the most part. Solid B. But let's not kid ourselves. It's nothing special on the BP list. it's not going to win any major awards, and will probably win most of the technical ones.

Ryan Coogler >>> Wan cofirmed.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2019 07:49 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

That's a technical award. A major award would be best picture, director, actor, etc.. no comic movie has won a major award since TDK. and ill take Wan over Coogler.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2019 09:36 AM