KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Resident Evil Village

Resident Evil Village
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I feel like I'm the only one that doesn't really give a shit either way. I'm good with third or first person, both are equal to me. if I had to choose I guess I'd choose first person as I feel it's more immersive and makes the game a little scarier.

Ideally they'd put both in there and let the player choose.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2021 12:29 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I was thinking that.....but there is certain sections that are tailor made for the FPS view....and I would think they would be lost if it was third person. Obviously it's hard to say.....

But the video is not as terrifying as doing it first person. It's a lot more hectic because the FOV is much more limited so it makes you feel super surrounded by enemies.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2021 01:09 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

I definitely prefer 3rd person view for RE, but I'm also willing to entertain 1st person so long as the game makes good use of it.

RE7 was a nearly perfect example of how to do it, so I was okay with the change.

I don't want to see RE4 Remake in 1st person though.

Last edited by StyleTime on Jun 6th, 2021 at 11:38 PM

Old Post Jun 6th, 2021 11:36 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I think you can do both Resident Evil 4 Remake. Which is good.....I wonder how they will do it.

I feel like going from third to first is doable but I don't think it works as well the opposite way.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2021 11:57 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

The DLC for Dead by Daylight came out and I gotta say: seeing Nemesis and T-Virus zombies roaming the halls of Silent Hill's Midwich Elementary makes me so giddy.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2021 08:48 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Yeah, played some with Nemesis, Jill, and Leon.

They definitely feel a bit stronger than Heather and Pyramid Head sadly. Granted, survivors are ultimately just skins once leveled up, as they can share skills.

I also think the zombies might get some re-tuning for Nemesis. They act totally independent of you, but they help more than you think. I have had zombies grab survivors when I **** up a chase, and you can kill them if need be to increase your mutation level.

And you can troll by letting a survivor escape after you pick them up by standing right next to a zombie. The zombie will instantly jump on them, downing them for you to pick them up again lol.

Last edited by StyleTime on Jun 20th, 2021 at 09:14 PM

Old Post Jun 20th, 2021 09:11 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StyleTime
Yeah, played some with Nemesis, Jill, and Leon.

They definitely feel a bit stronger than Heather and Pyramid Head sadly. Granted, survivors are ultimately just skins once leveled up, as they can share skills.

I also think the zombies might get some re-tuning for Nemesis. They act totally independent of you, but they help more than you think. I have had zombies grab survivors when I **** up a chase, and you can kill them if need be to increase your mutation level.

And you can troll by letting a survivor escape after you pick them up by standing right next to a zombie. The zombie will instantly jump on them, downing them for you to pick them up again lol.

I've seen some funny stuff where the survivors try baiting me, taunting my ass from behind obstacles to keep playing ring around the rosie but zombies are always sneaking up from behind hitting & sometimes knocking 'em down for me.

My favorite moment was where this Leon was camping upstairs in this house and should I go after him, he'd jump off the balcony and get away. Unfortunately for him a zombie went up those steps instead, giving me a front row seat to this guy freaking out looking back and forth to me & the undead getting closer. He was one hit away too so yeah.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jun 21st, 2021 at 01:05 AM

Old Post Jun 21st, 2021 12:59 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Yeah, the zombies will sometimes camp the hooks for you too lol.

Plus, they act as a detection system. If you see the zombie has their arms outstretched, that means a survivor came by and is running in that direction. It helps track people down.

I actually downed all four survivors yesterday with Nemesis, but ****ed up. The Exit Gates were open and they were trying to save their teammate right in front of me, which didn't work out for them. I went to put them on hooks, and one actually managed to crawl all the way to the exit while I was hooking the others. I couldn't believe they actually escaped. sad

Last edited by StyleTime on Jun 22nd, 2021 at 04:03 AM

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2021 03:59 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StyleTime
Yeah, the zombies will sometimes camp the hooks for you too lol.

Plus, they act as a detection system. If you see the zombie has their arms outstretched, that means a survivor came by and is running in that direction. It helps track people down.

I actually downed all four survivors yesterday with Nemesis, but ****ed up. The Exit Gates were open and they were trying to save their teammate right in front of me, which didn't work out for them. I went to put them on hooks, and one actually managed to crawl all the way to the exit while I was hooking the others. I couldn't believe they actually escaped. sad

They even have some of the best perks in the game. One in particular the Depleted Ink Ribbon. Not only does it makes them move faster, they can spawn at exit gates if you kill them right before those open. The second zombie perk you can add with it makes it really powerful.

See, in that situation where you manage to down all four survivors during endgame, you should just carry them as far from the gate as you can manage and put 'em back down. Forget the hooks and let the timer finish. The Entity will claim them still if you do that.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2021 08:40 AM
StyleTime

Yeah, but then I have to wait longer. I get impatient lol.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2021 12:46 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

A rocket launcher would've definitely been a better mori for Nemesis.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2021 06:55 PM
StyleTime

lol. Definitely would have been interesting if they figured out a way to incorporate that. Also,

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 24th, 2021 08:04 PM
Arachnid1

I'm working on getting Leon to third prestige rn. I loved rocking Heather, and I'm kind of bummed she was so short lived, but it is what it is. No way I'm not switching to the GOAT RE character ASAP

Also, did they not get the RE2/3 voice actors back for this? Leon sounds different.

PWNT

Old Post Jun 25th, 2021 01:39 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

RE8 has surpassed RE2make's two month sales figures.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/resident-e...llage/sales?amp

It remains to be seen what lifetime sales will be like, but RE8 is killing it at the moment.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2021 08:51 PM
Impediment
Endless

I finished Resident Evil Village in exactly 8 hours.

An over all good game, but too focused on action as opposed to horror. The bosses were pretty easy and the puzzles weren’t very challenging.

8/10

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jul 25th, 2021 01:08 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
robotflug
Restricted

Account Restricted

Once Capcom created Lady Dimitrescu, she unexpectedly rose in popularity to the point that people like to make raunchy fan art, cosplays and memes giving her alot of fans.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2021 02:40 PM
robotflug is currently offline Click here to Send robotflug a Private Message Find more posts by robotflug Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Ok

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Oct 10th, 2021 04:47 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

RE8 won its first GOTY award from Joystick. TGAs should be next!

https://twitter.com/RE_Games/status/1463287216420044800

PWNT

Old Post Nov 24th, 2021 02:39 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
robotflug
Restricted

Account Restricted

RE8 just feels like an action game rather than pure horror similar to RE4.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2021 12:00 AM
robotflug is currently offline Click here to Send robotflug a Private Message Find more posts by robotflug Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

RE8 is basically a modern version of RE4. It almost follows the same formula.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2021 01:06 AM