KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Kreia confirms that Darth Nihilus is the most powerful Sith Lord to ever exist

Kreia confirms that Darth Nihilus is the most powerful Sith Lord to ever exist
Started by: CaveDude33211

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
HP Legend

I'll respond later lmao.

"You were weak when I found you. I did not expect you to survive your training. But now, your hatred has become your strength. At last, the dark side is your ally. "

Old Post Apr 8th, 2019 07:30 PM
Click here to Send HP Legend a Private Message Find more posts by HP Legend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaveDude33211

quote: (post)
Originally posted by HP Legend
I'll respond later lmao.

(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by CaveDude33211 on Apr 8th, 2019 at 09:04 PM

Old Post Apr 8th, 2019 08:52 PM
Click here to Send CaveDude33211 a Private Message Find more posts by CaveDude33211 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

It took me a decade to find a fellow who thinks Nihilus is a nerfed version of Galactus.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Apr 11th, 2019 02:32 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by CaveDude33211

I see you are a man of meme-culture, as well.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Apr 11th, 2019 02:35 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaveDude33211

Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
It took me a decade to find a fellow who thinks Nihilus is a nerfed version of Galactus.

I'm actually very familiar with you.

I have been watching your career with great interest.

But yes, Darth Nihilus is basically the Galactus of the Star Wars universe - what with his ability to devour all life on planets so easily, having planet-level-durability and his telekinesis that puts him far beyond any Jedi or Sith that ever existed.

Your knowledge of Darth Nihilus makes you one of the very best Debators here. smile

Old Post Apr 11th, 2019 06:22 PM
Click here to Send CaveDude33211 a Private Message Find more posts by CaveDude33211 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaveDude33211

I see you are a man of meme-culture, as well.

That and HP Legend was increasing my sexual-arousal due to his acceptance of Darth Nihilus's superiority over every Sith Lord in existence.

I'm at full-lightsaber right now.

Last edited by CaveDude33211 on Apr 11th, 2019 at 06:34 PM

Old Post Apr 11th, 2019 06:32 PM
Freedon Nadd

I'm actually very familiar with you.

I have been watching your career with great interest.

But yes, Darth Nihilus is basically the Galactus of the Star Wars universe - what with his ability to devour all life on planets so easily, having planet-level-durability and his telekinesis that puts him far beyond any Jedi or Sith that ever existed.

Your knowledge of Darth Nihilus makes you one of the very best Debators here. smile

Are you White Revan from YouTube or a converted Sun Razer/Shooting Nova to the Lord of Hunger?

Old Post Apr 14th, 2019 10:09 AM
CaveDude33211

Are you White Revan from YouTube or a converted Sun Razer/Shooting Nova to the Lord of Hunger?

Neither.

I'm something else.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2019 01:51 PM
Freedon Nadd

Neither.

I'm something else.

Arrow fan?

Old Post Apr 14th, 2019 02:00 PM
S_W_LeGenD

TIME to CAP an old exchange.

1/5

I already provided that evidence with the video and lists of her prophecies. She knew about the fall of the Republic, the Sith Empire, the Mandalorians and Sidious - but she was being intentionally-cryptic.

She learned about the existence of the true Sith on Malachor V, and could foresee events while on this world, but she wasn't omniscient (not even close).

Some of her responses are highlighted below.

Q: And Bao-Dur - and the droids?

R: "Their paths are unknown to me. Even the small one - who waits for you outside this place - I sense it has one last journey for you. You must go where Revan did, into the Unknown Regions, where the Sith, the true Sith, wait in the dark for the great war that comes."

Q: And Revan? He came here, was here. What happened to him?

R: "He came because he remembered what lay buried here - this place. Its teachings. The remnants have paved the way to Korriban.

And he came because Malachor, like Korriban, lies on the fringes of the ancient Sith Empire, where the true Sith wait for us, in the dark."

Q: But we've fought the Sith?

R: "Have we? You thought that the corrupted remnants of the Republic, the machines spawned by technology that Revan led into the battle were the Sith?

You are wrong. The Sith is a belief. And its Empire, the true Sith Empire, rules elsewhere.

And Revan knew the true war is not against the Republic. It waits for us, beyond the Outer Rim. And he has gone to fight it, in her way.

And he left the Ebon Hawk, and its machines behind, for he knew he would not need them.

And like you, he knew he must leave his loved ones behind as well, no matter how deeply one cares for them."

Q: Why?

R: "Because such attachments would only bring doom to them in the dark places where he now walks.

It would have helped had she made him understand, but a hero of the Republic, no matter how brave, cannot understand war as Revan did."

Q: Why did you not follow him?

R: "Because I do not know where he had gone. If he had asked... would I have gone? I do not know.

But he will need warriors, Sith and Jedi, any who can be sent after into the depths of space, for any who know the way.

Perhaps you shall go there with him, and do battle at the end of things.

Instead, I remained here... and now show others the way."

Q: What of the Republic?

R: "The Republic will fall, as it always has, a fall that will take millennia.

Under the care of the herds of Ithor, the surface of Telos will bloom again, and its golden fields shall again harbor scientists and thinkers.

And complacent and peaceful, it shall forget the time that Saul Karath orbited it and brought fire to its skies.

But it shall be homeworld again to others, who will stretch out across the galaxy and bring life."

----

OBSERVATIONS:

1. Darth Traya doesn't know much about the organization and competencies of the true Sith. She doesn't know much about their leadership.

2. She alluded to a 'great war' with the true Sith Empire in which Revan will be involved in certain capacity but she does not disclose his fate.

3. She foresee the fall of the Republic but this will take a millennia according to her. Uh-oh... this is not TRUE.

Centuries later, the true Sith Empire failed to defeat the Republic in a 'great war', and it was The Eternal Empire which conquered the entire galaxy instead.

Darth Traya was completely unaware of The Eternal Empire, right?

4. She doesn't know what would become of Revan, and even Meetra Surik. She simply encourage Meetra Surik to follow in his footsteps.

She even admits that she doesn't know what will become of the droids. Although she is able to tell that T3-M4 will accompany Meetra Surik.

Looks like Tenebrae CLOUDED her mind from afar...

In case you are wondering, Tenebrae is directly responsible for the Mandalorian Wars which in turn set the stage for the Jedi Civil War which in turn left a depleted Republic in its wake and the Jedi Order also fell apart. The Sith Triumvirate were having a field day with the leftovers; they had not tasted a real war and were largely clueless about the challenges of one. The supposedly infallible Darth Nihilus could not even make it past the Battle of Telos IV.

And here you are making bold claims that Darth Nihilus would have consumed the entire galaxy, like hell would... roll eyes (sarcastic)

In the grand scheme of things, The Sith Triumviate was just a byproduct of Tenebrae's mechanisms for the Republic in order to undermine it before he decide to intervene.

When Meetra Surik was in the process of retracing the footsteps of Revan, she stumbled upon Medriaas (Nathema), and it was here that she had a measure of how strong and dangerous Tenebrae was:

The ritual had obviously destroyed Nathema, snuffing out all life on the world. Lord Vitiate had offered his people hope, and instead had brought them a fate worse than death—utter eradication of life, existence, and even the Force.

Meetra was no expert on dark side sorcery, but it was safe to assume Vitiate not only survived the ritual, but emerged more powerful than ever.

And with the destruction of everyone on Nathema—including his research team—he alone would have known the location of Dromund Kaas.

The plan was both horrifying and brilliant. In addition to becoming more powerful than Meetra could imagine, Vitiate could blame the extinction of his homeworld on the Jedi, further panicking the remaining Sith worlds. Then he could have offered them a glimmer of hope, promising to lead all those who swore loyalty to him to a place where the Jedi would never find them.

If Vitiate had been as cunning as Meetra imagined him to be, he wouldn’t have led his followers directly to Dromund Kaas. Instead, he would have taken them on a long and trying exodus—during which the Sith would have been forced to turn to him time and again for support and guidance, their dependence on him growing until he went from leader to hero to savior. By the time they finally reached Dromund Kaas, they would likely have worshiped Vitiate as a god—all-powerful and all-knowing.

Fascinating history, to be sure, but Meetra didn’t know how it could help her find Revan. Vitiate’s grand plan had taken place over a thousand years earlier. Surely Vitiate himself was long dead, and even if he had led the Sith to Dromund Kaas, there was no guarantee they were still there.

Taken from Star Wars: The Old Republic: Revan

In fact, at this point, Meetra had no idea that Tenebrae was alive and doing much to undermine the Republic and the Jedi Order from the shadows.

Now let me tell you something; RITUAL is not a sign of weakness, it never was. RITUALS can be a pathway to a great many things, and there are some which should not be attempted until the participant is strong enough to control the outcome. Even then there is no guarantee.

To Bane it seemed the teachings contained within the single Holocron surpassed those of the Academy’s entire archives. Revan had discovered many of the rituals of the ancient Sith, and as the Holocron’s avatar explained their nature and purpose, Bane could barely wrap his mind around their awesome potential. Some of the rituals were so terrible-so dangerous to attempt, even for a true Sith Master-that he doubted he would ever dare to use them. Yet he dutifully copied them down on sheaves of flimsi, preserving them so he could study them in greater depth later.

Taken from Darth Bane: Path of Destruction

One of those was the Tenebrae's ritual designed to grant him immortality:

Nathema: Once known as Medriaas, Nathema was an agriworld of the Sith Empire at a time when the Sith also controlled the Chorlian sector. An ancient Dark Lord of the Sith named Darth Vitiate destroyed all life on Nathema with a ritual designed to grant him immortality. A transcription of the ritual was recorded by Darth Revan and served as the inspiration for Lord Kaan’s thought bomb on Ruusan.

Taken from Force and Destiny: Core Rulebook

Said ritual inspired creation of another (i.e. Thought Bomb).

However, Darth Bane would never attempt such a thing, and doubted that any other Dark Lord would which is actually true.

Continued in next response (2/5).

Old Post May 30th, 2020 07:25 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

2/5

Continued from earlier response:

Tenebrae was the exception to the norm, and he somehow managed to control the outcome of the most daring and dangerous ritual ever attempted:

Lord Vitiate returned to his homeworld while rest of the Sith Empire waged the Great Hyperspace War against the Republic. When the hasty Sith offensive ended in failure, the Empire collapsed - but Lord Vitiate was stronger than ever. He bid every surviving Sith to unite or die at the hands of Jedi. Eight thousand Sith Lords gathered on Medriaas and agreed to partake in a ritual that would bind the Sith together as an ultimate dark side weapon.

The ritual lasted ten days. Lord Vitiate orchestrated the sorcery and the planet Medriaas was consumed by the largest dark side nexus the galaxy would ever see. When the ritual ended, Lord Vitiate emerged as the only survivor. The pain, energy, and suffering of every living entity on the planet fueled his power and would prolong his life for centuries.

Taken from Star Wars: The Old Republic: Encyclopedia

8000 Sith Lords joined the show and only one survived, but the REWARD was worth the price and pain:

Lord Vitiate takes command of the Sith Empire, now in shambles, following the Great Hyperspace War. He executes the Sith Council and consumes the life force of thousands of Sith in a terrifying ritual that extends his life and vastly increases his capacity as a practitioner of the Force.

Even with limited knowledge, Meetra Surik felt that Tenebrae would be stronger than any Force-user including Darth Nihilus.

Without any doubt:

The Sith Emperor is the most powerful Force-user who has ever existed. Unless this implacable enemy can be defeated, the Jedi Order is doomed.

cool

Which is written by in-universe historians who didn't even know Darth Nihilus existed.

Uh-oh... this is not TRUE.

SWTOR codex entries are a series of OBJECTIVE textual information segments, and their purpose is to give audience HISTORY LESSONS while they explore various environments during the course of gameplay. This is in-game encyclopedia.

Codex Entry no. 79:

Dark times had come to the Republic. Reconstruction from the Jedi Civil War was still ongoing, and the Jedi Order’s numbers were dwindling. Worse, many Jedi sensed a new Sith threat emerging but could not pinpoint the source.

Finally, the Jedi Council called a conclave on the Miraluka colony of Katarr. The order’s Masters, including the legendary Vandar Tokare, gathered to discuss the possibility that the Sith had returned. They did not know that Darth Nihilus, a being of pure hunger and dark side power, was approaching the colony.

Drawn to the assembled Masters, Nihilus devoured the life energy of everything on Katarr. Millions of Miraluka died, along with most of the Jedi Order’s senior members. Walking Katarr’s lifeless surface later, Darth Nihilus came across the only survivor: the traumatized Miraluka Visas Marr, whom Nihilus took as his apprentice.

+

Codex Entry no. 80:

During the Mandalorian Wars, many Jedi disobeyed the Jedi Council to follow Revan’s call to arms. But only one Jedi returned to face the Council’s judgment. The so-called Jedi Exile had been one of Revan’s generals, and she was responsible for the destruction of Malachor Five. Having lost all ability to feel the Force, the Exile accepted the Council’s sentence of banishment and left to wander the Outer Rim. When she returned years later, the Jedi had all but vanished–slain by mysterious Sith assassins or driven into hiding. Simply by returning, the Exile became a target for these Sith and was hounded to the remote Peragus system. After meeting a mysterious Force-sensitive named Kreia at Peragus, the Exile began searching for any surviving Jedi Masters to discover what they knew.

+

Codex Entry no. 81:

The forces of the Sith Triumvirate had hunted the Jedi almost to extinction. The Jedi Exile, cut off from the Force, went in search of the remaining Jedi Masters and, perhaps, an explanation. But the Exile’s mentor, Kreia, had other plans–when the Exile finally gathered the Masters, Kreia slew them all.

As the Exile recovered from this encounter, Kreia deliberately enticed the terrible Darth Nihilus to the planet Telos Four. Nihilus prepared to devour all life on the planet, and Nihilus’s dreadnought, the Ravager, was met by the Republic Navy and Mandalorian forces.

During the battle, the Exile boarded the Ravager and faced Nihilus. Unable to devour the Exile as he had so many others, Nihilus was finally defeated. With Telos safe, the Exile pursued Kreia.

wink

Old Post May 30th, 2020 07:25 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

3/5

And Darth Nihilus's planet-level-durability, ability to TK entire fleets of warships and ability to kill all life on a planet in seconds, with no rituals or sacrifices is far beyond anything Valkorion is capable of.

Let us see.

Planet-level durability

Planet-level durability? What the hell is this? laughing out loud

Darth Marr had planet-level+ durability:

Tales spread through the Republic of the masked Dark Council member who routed whole armies and deflected assaults more thoroughly than any planetary shield.

Taken from Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia

Yet, Tenebrae (Valkorion) one-shotted poor Darth Marr... laughing out loud

Ability to TK entire fleets of warships

No! Darth Nihilus did not TK entire fleets of warships. He pulled The Ravager from Malachor V at most:

The Ravager was hauled from the gravity well at Malachor V by its new master. He used it to escape imprisonment on Malachor V.

Taken from Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords

- and held it together for a while until he established a bond with it and no longer needed his telekinetic powers for the said purpose ever since, because such application would be a very tedious affair and detrimental to him in the long-term given his condition and the resultant need to feed from time-to-time.

Pulling The Ravager from Malachor V was made possible given the magnitude of amplification he would have received on this world:

And after The Ravager was made airborne by Darth Nihilus:

"Nihilus: Some poetic license was taken with the Ravager – I mostly wanted Nihilus to have a ghost ship in keeping with his personality. It wouldn’t immediately fall apart without Nihilus, but his presence there and his ties to it make minor changes and upkeeps to its function and hull that keep it intact – if barely. When killed, the ship would slowly begin to fall apart into wreckage, although it’s not held together by any sort of super Telekinesis." - Chris Avellone

Ability to kill all life on a planet in seconds, with no rituals or sacrifices

Tenebrae (Vitiate) consumed a relatively bigger planet in ZIOST during the era of Satele Shan (no rituals or sacrifices involved):

Tenebrae's ultimate expression of Force Drain literally disintegrated/vaporized all manner of living beings including the Jedi and Sith while touching each:

Darth Nihilus's ultimate expression of Force Drain produced choking-effect on all manner of living beings in contrast:

Taken from SWTOR: Rise of the Sith Emperor: Codex Entry titled "Death of a World."

Visas Marr was found laying unconscious accordingly:

She was rather fortunate to be there. Better THAT than to be in the position of unfortunate souls on ZIOST....

FYI:

Whispered rumors have persisted of planets snuffed out through intricate Sith rituals or by way of deadly, arcane machines--such as the device Revan sought to employ on Yavin 4--but Ziost represents a clear display of the corrosive power of the dark side of the Force taken to its extreme.

FULL READ: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/prof...n-2020-/105050/

----

You may need this:

- now.

Darth Nihilus is vastly more powerful than Valkorion on his best day.

Uh-oh... this is not TRUE.

The Sith Emperor is the most powerful Force-user who has ever existed. Unless this implacable enemy can be defeated, the Jedi Order is doomed.

Tenebrae was stronger than Darth Nihilus even as The Sith Emperor. He became even more powerful as The Immortal Emperor (Valkorion).

With each rebirth, he grew stronger. His machinations became grander. The pain and suffering he unleashed became greater. Some believed his ultimate goal was conquest: the complete subjugation of every world, known and unknown. Others believed he sought annihilation: the consumption of every living being in the galaxy, until he alone remained.

Taken from SWTOR: Knights of the Eternal Throne: Codex Entry titled "The Fall of Valkorion."

Old Post May 30th, 2020 07:26 AM
S_W_LeGenD

4/5

Plus when Nihilus showed up and killed Valkorion and reduced Dromund Kaas to a lifeless world, the historians would quickly correct their mistake and re-list Darth Nihilus as the most powerful Sith Lord, before he killed them. laughing

Darth Nihilus's Drain will devour the Force Energy of Valkorion's form - so his body AND Force-energy will die as well.

And even if he survived the Drain, which he wouldn't, Nihilus still shrugged off a super-weapon that ripped a planet into pieces and Valkorion's energy isn't shown to have even %1 of that power.

So Valkorion dies easily either way.

"Well, Kreia says there's no defense against it, but she doesn't know everything." - Chris Avellone

STAR WARS is a fiction-verse with countless in-universe realities and there isn't a one-shoe-fit-all solution for every manner of challenge in it.

If you assume that Force Drain powers can address every manner of problem then you are sadly mistaken.

The fundamental realities are as follows.

There is biological aspect to the Living Force of-course.

Force Drain and its derivatives are used to siphon the life energy (or life force) of all manner of living beings to fuel one's own. The most potent applications can be used to devour the subject's Force-sensitivity aspect itself causing death.

Drawn to the assembled Masters, Nihilus devoured the life energy of everything on Katarr. Millions of Miraluka died, along with most of the Jedi Order’s senior members. Walking Katarr’s lifeless surface later, Darth Nihilus came across the only survivor: the traumatized Miraluka Visas Marr, whom Nihilus took as his apprentice.

Taken from SWTOR: Codex entry titled "Galactic History 79: The Conclave at Katarr"

+

"These Sith we face... they have learned how to do this. It is a technique that has been lost for some time, not seen in the days since the ancient Sith. They can use it to consume other Force Sensitives - and at the highest pinnacle of power, use it to consume anything that lives. They draw upon the connections in the Force, and devour it. That is why they are drawn to Jedi, why it is easy for them to find where they gather - because it is like the smell of blood to them. And they can draw upon the Jedi's own strength to kill them." - Darth Traya

+

"Do not think of his power [Nihilus] as one would a weapon, or one of your warships of the Republic. It is terrible, but it is still a subtle thing. The sect of assassins that chase you feed on the Force... what he does is simply the pinnacle of what they could achieve, in time. And that is why they - and their techniques - must be wiped out. No one again must experience and learn what her master did." - Darth Traya

Ancient Sith were pioneers of numerous terrifying powers including Force Drain and its derivatives:

However, they were also exploring ways to cheat death:

Therefore, IMMORTALITY is LOGICAL counter to Force Drain and its derivatives.

IMMORTALITY can have biological underpinnings (extension of life for indefinite period with powerful healing properties in the mix) but these underpinnings can be shed through preservation of the very essence which can exist and function independently (breach of The Living Force).

When Tenebrae siphoned the life energy of Revan, the essence of Meetra Surik ALLOWED Revan to replenish himself. Since Revan was a living being, he was in danger of loosing his strength (and worse) but not the essence of Meetra Surik because it is not the same thing.

"As the Emperor fed off him, Meetra was allowing Revan to feed off her. Her sustenance strengthened his resolve whenever he grew weak, refreshing and restoring him so he could continue his never-ending mental war.

Because of her, Revan was able to do more than just fight to keep the Emperor at bay."

Taken from Star Wars: The Old Republic: Revan

Sorry to disappoint you but Tenebrae's terrifying ritual on Medriaas (NATHEMA) transformed him into an IMMORTAL being centuries before the appearance of Darth Nihilus:

The Emperor is one thousand years old. In a dark side ritual, he drained the life of his home planet, to achieve immortality.

From Star Wars: The Essential Reader's Companion

+

The Emperor was no longer a member of the Sith species; his power and immortality had transformed him into a being unique in the galaxy.

From Star Wars: The Old Republic: Revan

- and since he explored the most uncharted and sinister depths of the dark side:

In his relentless pursuit of immortality, the Emperor explored the most sinister, uncharted depths of the dark side.

From Star Wars: The Old Republic: Encyclopedia

- he was packing surprises of his own, and began to possess other beings and created VOICES to address his subjects eventually.

Tenebrae created his first VOICE soon after facing Revan for the 2nd time (post-KoTOR II), although Tenebrae was capable of doing this earlier (hinted in the novel).

"Valkorion. Tenebrae. Vitiate. Emperor of the Sith. My low-born son has worn many masks." - Lord Dramath

At some point, Tenebrae could exist and affect environments without a form:

- and was beyond the reach of (all) Force powers in this capacity. This is why the Jedi and Sith failed to contain him at the time.

Tenebrae also extended the life of some of his subjects with his dark side experiments such as his HANDS, and would also siphon their life energy to fuel his power as well as to satiate his endless hunger (byproduct of NATHEMA) but these subjects did not perish under such pressure. Guess what? IMMORTALITY makes difference.

And guess what? Nobody on Katarr knew how to cheat death.

Coming towards offensive powers of Tenebrae (Valkorion):-

Data mining of the Knights of the Fallen Empire expansion set of the overarching SWTOR project [unmask] some Force powers directly attributed to Tenebrae (Valkorion), and one of these is identified as the "Force Blast."

Description: A charged up powerful attack that utterly annihilates anything it touches.

Range: Up to 1000 meters

THAT expression of raw power is stated to be capable of ANNIHILATING 'anything' it touches. Therefore, virtually 'anything' caught in its blast is essentially doomed (material or immaterial).

Tenebrae (Valkorion) is absolutely capable of destroying (any) Force-user, and even entire groups of very strong Force-users, in a hypothetical confrontation.

Tenebrae's ultimate expression of raw power on ZIOST seems be an EXTRAPOLATION of his Force Blast technique with the added caveat of Force Drain in the mix because it not only disintegrated/vaporized living beings while touching it, but Tenebrae was able to feed on the extinction event and draw that energy into himself, revitalizing himself as well as emerging stronger than ever before in the aftermath.

Meanwhile, an older threat still looms: the former SITH EMPEROR, revitalized after annihilating all life on the planet Ziost, has similarly vanished without a trace.

Taken from SWTOR: Knights of the Fallen Empire: Chapter 1 (Epilogue)

+

With each rebirth, he grew stronger. His machinations became grander. The pain and suffering he unleashed became greater. Some believed his ultimate goal was conquest: the complete subjugation of every world, known and unknown. Others believed he sought annihilation: the consumption of every living being in the galaxy, until he alone remained.

Taken from SWTOR: Knights of the Eternal Throne: Codex Entry titled "The Fall of Valkorion."

Dilemma is/was that there was not much of a STORY to tell if BioWare had chosen to portray Tenebrae like a "nihilist" in his exploits when at the summit of his power; therefore, heavy use of PIS was necessary to tell a story of the type of character they had introduced in the SWTOR story arc.

FYI:

Every decision the Sith Emperor has made for the last millennium has been in the service of one dark goal: the complete annihilation of every living thing in the galaxy. The Emperor’s desire is not destruction for its own sake, however. He is not a nihilist.

Taken from SWTOR Codex Entry titled "The Emperor's Plan (Knight)"

---

You may need some more:

- now.

Old Post May 30th, 2020 07:28 AM
S_W_LeGenD

5/5

Kreia's already foresaw Nihilus annihilating the Sith Empire - meaning there is nothing the Sith could do one way or another - and Nihilus can always drain fighters/warships at a range of several hundred miles at least.

Accordingly, the Sith would be dead before they realized what they were actually dealing with.

Allow me to RECAP a few things.

1. Darth Traya is infallible.

She doesn't know much about the organization and competencies of the true Sith. She doesn't know much about their leadership.

She alluded to a 'great war' with the true Sith Empire in which Revan will be involved in certain capacity but she is unfamiliar with the outcome.

She foresee the fall of the Republic but this will take a millennia according to her. Uh-oh... this is not TRUE.

Centuries later, the true Sith Empire failed to defeat the Republic in a 'great war', and it was The Eternal Empire which conquered the entire galaxy instead.

Darth Traya was completely unaware of The Eternal Empire, right?

She doesn't know what would become of Revan, and even Meetra Surik. She just encourage Meetra Surik to follow in his footsteps.

She even admits that she doesn't know what will become of the droids. Although she is able to tell that T3-M4 will accompany Meetra Surik.

2. What was stopping Darth Nihilus from draining fighters/warships in the Battle of Telos IV?

The Sith Triumvirate were having a field day with the LEFTOVERS of the Republic; they had not tasted a real war and were largely clueless about the challenges of one. The supposedly infallible Darth Nihilus could not even make it past the Battle of Telos IV.

The true Sith Empire has a vast military machine with a huge number of Starships and weapons at their disposal. The Harrower-class dreadnaught was an incredibly accomodating design, and each could be transformed into a superweapon upon demand.

For example:

Such superweapon(s) could [one-shot] entire fleets, and even a world from afar.

Not just that, but the Dread Masters were renowned for crippling entire fleets from afar.

Have a good look at what the Dread Masters could do starships which they did not want to be near them.

The Battle of Telos IV is a JOKE in comparison to the battles the true Sith Empire would offer to Darth Nihilus and his subjects, and The Ravager would be KAPUT in the first major battle.

Sorry man, WE are not taking about GALACTUS type characters here.

I can tell you haven't played KotoR II in a long time - Nihilus doesn't need to draw power from the Ravager and doesn't need the Ravager for any of his abilities.

The part of the game you're reading from the Game Guide occurs after Nihilus has attempted to drain Meetra Surik (a Force Wound).

Before Nihilus tries to Drain Meetra Surik, Visas tells you that you have 0% chance of surviving - and if you fight Nihilus anyway - he kills you and your whole party easily.

You should do your research better.

The only thing that is SUSPECT is your knowledge of Jedi and Sith lore.

Darth Nihilus could defeat the Strike Team led by Meetra Surik in theory since he was able to 'immobilize' all of them but he made a miscalculation of attempting to consume the lead (i.e. Meetra Surik) and this move backfired on Darth Nihilus spectacularly because she was a Wound in the Force at the time. Rest is history.

My knowledge is SUSPECT? Yeah I can see that. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Nihilus can kill every living thing on a planet in seconds - he doesn't need to destroy structures or blast planets into ruin.

We've already seen that on Katarr.

Not sure about the 'in seconds' part but the rest is TRUE.

Congratulations, you got something right.

No offense intended, but you really sound mentally-challenged.

You're saying that Valkorion's need for intricate rituals and machines to destroy a world - is superior to Darth Nihilus, when Darth Nihilus can do the same thing with 0 rituals needed, 0 sacrifices, 0 machines and accomplish it literally in seconds?

Sorry kid, you might just be in Special-Education, and if true, you have my sympathies.

It is Darth Nihilus who is then literally Valkorion's superior in literally every aspect.

Dude, you sound much ignorant about the story of Tenebrae and his growth in power throughout.

1. Tenebrae is more powerful and capable Force-user than Darth Nihilus by a long shot. This reality is repeatedly established across multiple sources, and Meetra Surik also realized as much.

2. Tenebrae transformed into an IMMORTAL being, and also learned to perseve his essence for indefinite period. He could affect and/or influence physical environments while being formless and was beyond the reach of (all) Force powers in this capacity. He cheated death multiple times.

Darth Nihilus cannot deal with that.

3. Tenebrae could consume an entire world without support (e.g. ZIOST), a very big one a that.

What are you trying to say? Jesus Christ. laughing

Flew over your head, right? Why consider debating things you do not understand? wink

Darth Traya admit that the technique is as old as the Sith themselves:

"You give others strength to act, but it is also possible to draw upon the strength of others to increase your own. It is similar to drawing upon the Force as Jedi do, but when it is touched by the power of the dark side... it is something else, something deadly. It is a technique that is almost as old as the Sith themselves…it is a means of severing connections between life, the Force, and feeding upon the death it causes. It cannot be taught…it can only be gained through instinct, through experiencing its effects, first-hand." - Darth Traya

- but her assertion that Force Drain powers cannot be taught to others is SUSPECT. The ancient Sith pioneered these powers:

My take is that Darth Traya was not being completely honest with Meetra Surik.

Sith are never brutally honest with the other, they lie, double-cross, or kill if they have to, to advance their goals.

I'm considering not wasting my time with you.

Much appreciated, but I decided to bury your ill-informed arguments for good.

Not only did Kreia not suspect - but actually knew the Sith Empire existed - and she also foresaw that Darth Nihilus would annihilate it as well.

Her direct knowledge of Valkorion makes little difference, because she knew Darth Nihilus was going to annihilate them all regardless of who their leader was.

This part is thoroughly debunked in earlier responses.

Darth Traya was "hallucinating." I give you this much. laughing out loud

Old Post May 30th, 2020 07:28 AM
Freedon Nadd

You forget the fact that Vitiate spends the power he consumes on keeping in check his immorality or share some of it with his closest servants. If you think the Force reserves Vitiate acquires are not limited; then you do not understand the process of Force "drain".

Also, it is a fact that Vitiate needs to feed on deaths before starting his rituals.

quote:
"The Emperor has manipulated events for centuries towards one goal: performing an even greater ritual that will destroy this galaxy. But the ritual REQUIRES a great sacrifice to begin: billions of SIMULTANEOUS DEATHS."

Source: The Old Republic

Also, Vitiate had to possess the 2-billion populace(of weaklings) on Ziost and used their life force as an external source of power to help him drain the planet.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2020 02:04 PM