KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Thor: Love and Thunder

Thor: Love and Thunder
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (26): « First ... « 19 20 [21] 22 23 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by rudester
Remind me how Asgard is now on earth?

Asgard got disintegrated by Surtur.

The survivors - the half spared by Thanos - evacuated to Earth.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2022 02:14 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rudester
Tommy

Not what I asked. How did a futuristic city end up on earth. /\
A city can be built but, with space animals, ridiculous!

Old Post Jul 8th, 2022 02:46 AM
rudester is currently offline Click here to Send rudester a Private Message Find more posts by rudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

You mean Toothgrinder and Toothgnasher?

Wouldn't make any sense to abandon them to Surtur's tender mercies stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 8th, 2022 05:25 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

Keep it up and nobody's gonna treat you seriously, Whirl!

Like you yourself said, you've only genuinely enjoyed Iron Man 1 wink
Yup, Ironman 1 and, Cap 1, 2 and 3 are the best MCU films by far.
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Well this wasn't good.

Christian Bale and Russell Crowe were both excellent.
The 1st fight in the shadow realm was excellent
The soundtrack was excellent (although I'm a massive GnR fan so I'm biased)
I liked the references to Event Horizon
The rest of it is an utter train wreck. The humour almost never lands and it is used in almost every scene.
The Jean Claude Van Damme reference is just stupid.
Thor's costume is utterly ridiculous looking.
Korg being gay and meeting a 'dude' called Dwayne (who's a rock)...*tumbleweed rolls by

Very poor effort.
I love guns and roses too, but the whole Axel thing was another uneeded fan service. Otherwise spot on review.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2022 06:49 AM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil2

Just saw the movie. Garbage film. Maybe my opinion will settle on to something more generous, but this was up there as one of the worst marvel movies

Old Post Jul 9th, 2022 04:46 AM
NotAllThatEvil2 is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil2 a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rudester
Tommy

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
You mean Toothgrinder and Toothgnasher?

Wouldn't make any sense to abandon them to Surtur's tender mercies stick out tongue

laughing

Old Post Jul 9th, 2022 06:25 AM
rudester is currently offline Click here to Send rudester a Private Message Find more posts by rudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

The more I think about this movie I realize how awful it is...

The jokes were terrible....

Stormbreaker being jealous was so stupid..

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: When Thor powers up the kids with lightning is one of the cringiest MCU moments ever

Bankai.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2022 07:33 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Based on everything I've heard about this, I think I might wait for a home release or something. It's not a good sign when multiple people I've encountered said that they felt like they were watching a Thor movie parody instead of a proper Thor movie.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2022 08:03 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rudester
Tommy

I think maybe it's the end of an era. Maybe people are tired of seeing superhero movies.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2022 08:30 AM
Estacado
Legendary

Nah its just most MCU movies have been shitty after End Game...

Bankai.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2022 09:03 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Even Endgame had its problems. And, yeah, the more recent releases from the MCU, both in terms of films and series, have been a mixed bag, to put it mildly. A few positive glimmers here and there but a lot of stuff that ranges from mediocre to outright bad IMO.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2022 09:49 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by rudester
laughing

Well, worry not, it was explained in the film thumb up

Originally posted by jaden_2.0

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Korg being gay and meeting a 'dude' called Dwayne (who's a rock)...*tumbleweed rolls by

That part was quite predictable, given what we learned 15 years ago:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 9th, 2022 01:39 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Just got back from watching this. I took the bus and went to the Grove. Knowing the source material, this one still got me in the heart. I liked it. Bale was well cast. Even though I wanted more of him. Seeing their kids [SPOILER - highlight to read]: having the power of thor was fun. I give this a 7/10

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 9th, 2022 11:25 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Well I liked it. No where near as good as Ragnarok. Not one of MCUs best. But certainly not the shit fest everyones making it out to be.

Also mid credit scene was dope.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2022 11:40 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

It wasnt that bad
apart from the Thor amping the kids, that shit was cringe af

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jul 10th, 2022 12:16 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

I don’t get the hate for this, people calling it one if the worst MCU films are nuts. It wasn’t as good as Ragnarok, but it had some fun action scenes and Christian Bale was awesome.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Jul 10th, 2022 05:52 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by carthage
It wasnt that bad

I hope they put a quote like that on the cover of the DVD. Lol

Old Post Jul 10th, 2022 10:34 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
I don’t get the hate for this, people calling it one if the worst MCU films are nuts. It wasn’t as good as Ragnarok, but it had some fun action scenes and Christian Bale was awesome.

Because Infinity War - which took a decade of world-building to make - set impossible expectations.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2022 02:37 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Bale was excellent.

...And that's about all the good I have to say about this film. Taika just Waititi'd way too hard here.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jul 10th, 2022 02:37 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Galan007
Bale was excellent.

...And that's about all the good I have to say about this film. Taika just Waititi'd way too hard here.

Bale killed it as Gorr, yes thumb up

Hey, you'd Waititi hard too, if you were in his place:

Old Post Jul 10th, 2022 02:40 PM