KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Jordan Peterson Checks Himself Into Rehab

Jordan Peterson Checks Himself Into Rehab
Started by: ArtificialGlory

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Silent Master

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Putinbot1
when I lived in KSA we called the school for Islamic studies that produced the religious Police Hogwarts.

I hope that was intentional

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2019 10:16 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Silent Master
I hope that was intentional
ha, I'd never thought of it that way, it may have been on reflection as it came originally from some guys at BAE systems. Ouch.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2019 10:30 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

I like when Jordan Peterson snorts morphine because hey, even the greatest Angel in Lucifer had a wild side. Jordan Peterson just needs to find his light again so he can tell me to clean my room so I can find lost pills and hate black people.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2019 12:50 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

3 posts before this turned into Trump/Hilary.

Lol.

Jordan was on an anti-depressant that can cause SERIOUS withdrawals. He's known his wife since they were teenagers right? Imagine loving someone for that long and being helpless as they're wasting away. That's terrible.

Good on him. Having the knowledge to go into rehab to properly detox from these anti-depressants instead of "toughing it out" is by far the smartest thing to do.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Sep 29th, 2019 at 01:37 AM

Old Post Sep 29th, 2019 01:33 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
3 posts before this turned into Trump/Hilary.

Lol.

Jordan was on an anti-depressant that can cause SERIOUS withdrawals. He's known his wife since they were teenagers right? Imagine loving someone for that long and being helpless as they're wasting away. That's terrible.

Good on him. Having the knowledge to go into rehab to properly detox from these anti-depressants instead of "toughing it out" is by far the smartest thing to do.

What is strange is Rob acted like I insulted one side and thus he had to come even the odds and insult the other, that is strange because I didn't even mention the left or right in that post, I just said some people were celebrating. Rob seemed to intuitively realize they would be leftists and thus he had to say something, intriguing. This is a similar phenomenon to Trump Compliment Syndrome, where people feel they can't compliment Trump about anything without also inserting an insult. Example: Oh Trump saved a kid from drowning? Good, but it sucks he put kids in cages.

Anyways, yeah I'm not even sure why he told people he was going into rehab. They could have easily explained his not being around as much with "he is taking some time to deal with the emotional fallout of his wife's illness".

Wait, I think it's probably because he wanted to try to help other people going through similar things feel a bit better about themselves, maybe help them understand they aren't alone. What an alt right monster.

Last edited by Surtur on Sep 30th, 2019 at 10:21 AM

Old Post Sep 30th, 2019 10:19 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Sounds like a sad situation and he made a good decision to get help. Not a fan of and don’t give a shit about his political opinions but I hope everything works out for him and his family.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2019 01:41 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BackFire
Sounds like a sad situation and he made a good decision to get help. Not a fan of and don’t give a shit about his political opinions but I hope everything works out for him and his family.
thumb up

Old Post Oct 1st, 2019 08:41 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Surtur
What is strange is Rob acted like I insulted one side and thus he had to come even the odds and insult the other, that is strange because I didn't even mention the left or right in that post, I just said some people were celebrating. Rob seemed to intuitively realize they would be leftists and thus he had to say something, intriguing. This is a similar phenomenon to Trump Compliment Syndrome, where people feel they can't compliment Trump about anything without also inserting an insult. Example: Oh Trump saved a kid from drowning? Good, but it sucks he put kids in cages.

You're playing games again, because you acted like a hypocrite while virtue signaling and you didn't like having that pointed out.

Next time do yourself a favor. Read out loud what you just typed and reflect on it for 10 seconds before hitting send.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Oct 1st, 2019 at 06:37 PM

Old Post Oct 1st, 2019 06:28 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
You're playing games again, because you acted like a hypocrite while virtue signaling and you didn't like having that pointed out.

Next time do yourself a favor. Read out loud what you just typed and reflect on it for 10 seconds before hitting send.

Didn't act like a hypocrite...you just couldn't stand me noting something about this situation and had to involve Hillary. You just couldn't leave it lol, you *had* to bring her into it.

Which hey that is your choice, but I don't wanna see you cry if others do the same in your threads or threads from your pals in the future(you have indeed cried about this before).

Last edited by Surtur on Oct 1st, 2019 at 08:24 PM

Old Post Oct 1st, 2019 08:21 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

My example of your hypocrisy and virtue signaling just happened to be about Clinton. You're trying to use that as a means to distract and deflect from yourself, it's very obvious.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 1st, 2019 08:41 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
My example of your hypocrisy and virtue signaling just happened to be about Clinton. You're trying to use that as a means to distract and deflect from yourself, it's very obvious.

The problem is there was no hypocrisy and you couldn't help drag Hillary into this, but keep trying thumb up

Old Post Oct 1st, 2019 08:43 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

He's tweeting again, he's close to returning. I'm deeply happy for him.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Oct 21st, 2019 06:28 AM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

@Putinbot I think you have a caricature of what Peterson actually thinks. You seem to portray him as almost this "every man for himself" type figure and someone who believes people never need help.

He's stated before that some people struggle under burdens too difficult for them to bear and that the tragedy of life can deal people serious damage. And one of his twelve rules is to treat yourself as someone you're responsible for helping. According to that chapter if you need medication take your damn medication. He's said if you need antidepressants don't be too prideful to accept the necessary help. I'd assume the same here applies to his rehab. The responsible thing for him to do was to go into rehab. He may have needed help but he was willing to admit that much rather than letting his life spiral further out of control. He's a clinical psychologist, his entire profession is built around people needing help and support with the struggles of their lives.

He also doesn't believe it should be "every man for himself," it's why one of his rules is for people to make friends with people who genuinely support them in life. It's why he tells people not just to be responsible for their own sake, but so they can be a person other people can rely upon. He tells people that they play an active role in how good or bad the world is for everyone and that they should take responsibility for that. He points out repeatedly that we should be reciprocal in our relationships with other people. He has stated repeatedly that despite believing the left can go too far, that they have a valuable and necessary role in politics in aiding and giving a voice to the people who wind up at the bottom of society, that's part of the reason why he supports Canada's healthcare system and why he believes a party advocating for the working class is a good thing to have.

I mean no disrespect Putinbot, but it seems like your criticism of Peterson is you unknowingly attacking a caricature of him, which I don't necessarily blame you for, because the exposure you have of him likely comes mostly through either left wing outlets saying what they don't like about him, or right-wingers you argue with highlighting very specific points about him. Under those circumstances you're likely to see left-wing media outlets trying to criticize him and right-wingers on the internet praising him only honing in on a specific part of him, which paints the wrong picture if you aren't presented the full context and nuance of what he actually believes.

For example, it is correct to say that he argues a degree of hierarchy in society and uneven wealth distribution in society is justifiable. You'll hear the left-wing critics hone in on that as a point of critique and right-wingers hone in on that with praise and as an argument against those on the left. It is true that he makes that point, but if you only hear that point, and aren't exposed by either right-wingers you debate with or left-wingers who criticize him to his accompanying statements that hierarchies tend towards a degree of corruption and need to be held in check and criticized, or that hierarchies should be built on competence and the ability to actually help other people rather than dominance tyranny and pure selfishness, or that society needs to act to properly care for the people that become dispossessed in such societies, you're going to have a very skewed view of what he actually believes overall. You're going to assume he has a simplistic view based on the fact that those who disagree with him and those who argue against you hone in on the same points without giving the points that actually offer nuance as much attention.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Oct 21st, 2019 06:53 AM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by One Big Mob
I like when Jordan Peterson snorts morphine because hey, even the greatest Angel in Lucifer had a wild side. Jordan Peterson just needs to find his light again so he can tell me to clean my room so I can find lost pills and hate black people.
missed this... Brilliant satire.

DMB that's a lot to read mate but I will reply given time.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2019 08:06 AM
dadudemon

Originally posted by Emperordmb
He's tweeting again, he's close to returning. I'm deeply happy for him.

Nice.

Where are you happy for him and how deeply? (Butthole things)

Old Post Oct 21st, 2019 01:48 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote