KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Fat Thor vs. DCEU Team

Fat Thor vs. DCEU Team
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FrothByte
Loki's knives are seemingly magical. Just because they hurt Thor doesn't mean Manta's will as well.

They also didn't seem to have any lasting effect on Thor, as he was perfectly fine a minute later.

Where does it say his knives are magical? His schtick is all illusions. Sharp magic blades is their sister's domain

Old Post Oct 13th, 2019 03:35 AM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
Where does it say his knives are magical? His schtick is all illusions. Sharp magic blades is their sister's domain

Blue light sometimes being emitted from the knives plus the fact the he seemingly conjures then from nowhere.

In any case, even if they weren't magical they would still be Asgardian made which doesn't automatically mean Atlantis blades can replicate their feats.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2019 03:18 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

When the light?

Your right, but so far atlantean steel has better feats than asgardian metal.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2019 04:41 PM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

When the light?

Your right, but so far atlantean steel has better feats than asgardian metal.

And what feats exactly do Atlantean weapons have that make them better than Asgardian?

As for the glowing daggers, minute 3:09

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmSjmA3Btx0

Old Post Oct 13th, 2019 07:24 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

You mean besides hurting Arthur, who shrugged off getting shot with a laser that blew up islands and being pelted across the city by a pissed off superman.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2019 10:56 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

You mean besides hurting Arthur, who shrugged off getting shot with a laser that blew up islands and being pelted across the city by a pissed off superman.

So? That doesn't prove that Atlantean weapons are better than Asgardian weapons since Thor has better durability feats than Arthur. Surviving the Sokovia and Bifrost explosions without a scratch or getting blast by a neutron star for example. Valkyrie's spear tore through a Leviathan as well, something which none of IM's weapons could scratch.

In terms of feats, Thor is far more durable than Aquaman (especially when a grenade launcher knocked him down for a 10 count). So a blade that can injure Arthur may not necessarily be able to injure Thor.

Last edited by FrothByte on Oct 14th, 2019 at 01:02 AM

Old Post Oct 14th, 2019 12:55 AM
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

The neutron star killed thor. He needed stormbreaker just to survive. And the bifrost is bit harder to quantify, being magic and all.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2019 05:01 AM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

The neutron star killed thor. He needed stormbreaker just to survive. And the bifrost is bit harder to quantify, being magic and all.

He withstood it for minutes and was still functioning. The Sokovia explosion was strong enough to destroy an entire city-island and that left no mark on Thor. What has Aquaman done to prove he's more durable? Again, a grenade launcher knocked him out for a full 10 count. In comparison, even Loki stood right back up after taking an exploding arrow to the face.

Last edited by FrothByte on Oct 14th, 2019 at 06:17 AM

Old Post Oct 14th, 2019 06:13 AM
Darth Thor

Because PIS. Thor, IM and Captain Marvel all had the opportunity to just stay in the air and bombard Thanos with long range shots. I was honestly disappointed with that last fight in Endgame, there were just so many stupid things happening. I had expected better from the Russo''s.

Tbf Cap Marvel had to get the Guantlet off him. So we can allow that one.

But yeah given Wanda handled Thanos, the others were kinda inconsistent.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2019 06:19 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Because PIS. Thor, IM and Captain Marvel all had the opportunity to just stay in the air and bombard Thanos with long range shots. I was honestly disappointed with that last fight in Endgame, there were just so many stupid things happening. I had expected better from the Russo''s.
Thor hasn't fought intelligently since his first movie.

Ponder this, is there a single enemy he has fought save maybe Hela who could have handled him had he kept them suspended in mid-air with his storm powers and blasted them like he did the Destroyer? Hulk, Thanos, Kurse, he'd have dumpstered all of them if he fought like that.

But he didn't, and doesn't.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2019 06:24 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by NemeBro
Thor hasn't fought intelligently since his first movie.

Ponder this, is there a single enemy he has fought save maybe Hela who could have handled him had he kept them suspended in mid-air with his storm powers and blasted them like he did the Destroyer? Hulk, Thanos, Kurse, he'd have dumpstered all of them if he fought like that.

But he didn't, and doesn't.

Majority of the long range fighters never really fight to their full potential in these movies, not just Thor. IM, Wanda, Hawkeye, Falcon... all of them end up fighting melee in some degree to make the fight scenes interesting even though the smart thing to do is simply to stay at distance.

That said, they usually still combine some decent ranged attacks in their fights, and Thor has done so in majority of his fights... except against Makekith, Kurse and now Thanos in Endgame.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2019 07:02 AM
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

When did wanda get in melee?

Old Post Oct 14th, 2019 06:21 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

When did wanda get in melee?

Vs. Proxima and a bit vs. Thanos. Anyway, do you have proof now that Atlantean steel is better than Asgardian steel?

Old Post Oct 14th, 2019 06:28 PM
9jaboy

👍Yeah, Thor was nerfed so bad. IW Thor should be able to handle Thanos solo.

If Fat thor fights this team the same way he fought Thanos, He loses .

Old Post Oct 14th, 2019 10:57 PM
9jaboy is currently offline Click here to Send 9jaboy a Private Message Find more posts by 9jaboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

He withstood it for minutes and was still functioning. The Sokovia explosion was strong enough to destroy an entire city-island and that left no mark on Thor. What has Aquaman done to prove he's more durable? Again, a grenade launcher knocked him out for a full 10 count. In comparison, even Loki stood right back up after taking an exploding arrow to the face.

Bifrost is a non feat. Sokavia is a non feat.
Thor has better.
Anyway, it's silly to assume that Thor most likely can't be cut by Atlantean steel. This fight can go either way

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Oct 14th, 2019 11:18 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by h1a8
Thor has better.
Anyway, it's silly to assume that Thor most likely can't be cut by Atlantean steel. This fight can go either way

LOL!!!!

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2019 11:25 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Double post

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Oct 15th, 2019 01:40 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Thor has better.

A feat shown in the movies is a valid feat, regardless of how you might feel about it.

If you read my original post, I'm open to the idea that Atlantean steel might be able to cut Thor, but unfortunately they don't have enough feats to guarantee that they can cut Thor.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2019 01:41 AM
Silent Master

Double post

Then where is the first post?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2019 01:50 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

A feat shown in the movies is a valid feat, regardless of how you might feel about it.

If you read my original post, I'm open to the idea that Atlantean steel might be able to cut Thor, but unfortunately they don't have enough feats to guarantee that they can cut Thor.

Doesn’t really matter if they can cut him or not, Thor’s damage soak is god-tier... for lack of a better term.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Oct 15th, 2019 02:54 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote