KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » RoS - Visual Dictionary

RoS - Visual Dictionary
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

RoS - Visual Dictionary

A few interesting tidbits...

*It does seem to make the distinction that Snoke was independent from Palpatine to an extent, but was still, obviously, a puppet:
"Snoke has tested Kylo Ren's worthiness as a disciple, and unbeknownst to all, his capacity to inherit the Sith legacy. Snoke is no Sith, but his role has been designed by the Sith Eternal cultists to act as a final crucible, to groom and mold Kylo Ren into a master not only of attack, but also cunning."

*It mentions multiple times that Palpatine(as we know him) was in fact killed at the battle of Endor, and implies that he was resurrected by the Sith loyalists through "a mixture of technology and the occult." Palpatine himself was not given his own entry in this, however.

*It mentions a few ancient Sith worlds, including:
-Moraband/Korriban
-Malachor
-Ziost
-Jaguada
-Rhelg

*It mentions a few ancient Sith Lords, including:
-Revan
-Andeddu
-Tanis
-Tenebrous
-Phobos
-Desolous

*It mentions a few factoids from the ancient Jedi texts(written by Jedi Master Odan-Urr), which describe the "Chain Worlds Theorem", also known as The World Between Worlds, or Vergence Scatter. Has a "Phases of Mortis" solution, which solves Master Thorpe's "unsolvable" Hyperspace plotting conundrum. Etc.

I'm sure there's more I'll come across, but that's what stood out after my first skim through...

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Dec 21st, 2019 06:08 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

So Ziost and Revan are canon again? I guess a KOTOR trilogy is inevitable now. Can't wait to see how they'll ruin it.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2019 08:31 PM
Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

They really can't just come up with anything new can they? I mean sure, I guess they're banking on nostalgia...though with how everything else has turned out thus far, I doubt that's gonna ride for very long.

Probably would have been better off of just making new characters and locations, either way they would be blank slates, so it's not like anything is gonna be the same other than names.

I really can't see them matching Kotor storyline or character wise...I don't know why people keep asking for some live action movie series about it...

Last edited by Zenwolf on Dec 21st, 2019 at 09:23 PM

Old Post Dec 21st, 2019 09:21 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

I wonder if they're going to make Revan a woman, or if Bastila is going to be changed from a gifted, but brash, arrogant, easily corruptable padawan to Rey 2.0. Maybe Bastilla will solo Malak and give Revan slap on the bum in the Disney version.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2019 10:22 PM
Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

I really like these Visual Guides as I have I think all of them. I ordered my Rise of Skywalker one on Amazon this morning.

The have a lot of neat info not found anywhere else.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2019 10:25 PM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Psychotron
So Ziost and Revan are canon again? I guess a KOTOR trilogy is inevitable now. Can't wait to see how they'll ruin it.

Whatever they do with them, they can never be a match for Prime Palpatine. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: He had ALL of Their Power

Old Post Dec 21st, 2019 10:31 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I was just surprised by the amount of Legends material it canonized... And it also mentions events from Vader Immortal, and Battlefront II.

Very strange for a Visual Dictionary. ..

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 22nd, 2019 at 12:30 AM

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2019 12:25 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

Interesting. Thanks for sharing

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2019 04:08 PM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

I wonder if they're going to make Revan a woman, or if Bastila is going to be changed from a gifted, but brash, arrogant, easily corruptable padawan to Rey 2.0. Maybe Bastilla will solo Malak and give Revan slap on the bum in the Disney version.

Rumor is they’re casting Keanu Reaves as Revan

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2019 04:08 PM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

*Reeves

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2019 04:09 PM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

^Really? That’s be cool, I love the actor. Aniway, interesting, they canonized a lot of stuff. I’m glad that cool characters like Revan aren’t lost in the Legends Continuity

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2019 04:29 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

No way. Keanu is great but he's too old. Revan is supposed to be 38 during the events of KOTOR. Keanu is 55.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2019 04:54 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Originally posted by Galan007
I was just surprised by the amount of Legends material it canonized... And it also mentions events from Vader Immortal, and Battlefront II.

Very strange for a Visual Dictionary. ..
I heard it says that the planet[SPOILER - highlight to read]: with Kylo Ren invading at the beginning of he film is Mustafar

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2019 05:03 PM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

No way. Keanu is great but he's too old. Revan is supposed to be 38 during the events of KOTOR. Keanu is 55.

Keanu doesn’t age tho, he looks the same as he did 20 years ago lol

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2019 05:29 PM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

^exactly ahahah, does he really look that older than when he performed as Neo?

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2019 05:30 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

Originally posted by juggernaut74
I heard it says that the planet[SPOILER - highlight to read]: with Kylo Ren invading at the beginning of he film is Mustafar

Weird. It looked like Mustafar from space but didn't look like it at all on the surface

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2019 05:33 PM
xPRIMEx

Re: RoS - Visual Dictionary

Originally posted by Galan007
*It mentions multiple times that Palpatine(as we know him) was in fact killed at the battle of Endor, and implies that he was resurrected by the Sith loyalists through "a mixture of technology and the occult." Palpatine himself was not given his own entry in this, however.

That's kinda what I inferred from the movie. Nice to finally have an actual explanation though. Ridiculous that they had to explain it in a book

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2019 05:36 PM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Re: Re: RoS - Visual Dictionary

Originally posted by xPRIMEx
That's kinda what I inferred from the movie. Nice to finally have an actual explanation though. Ridiculous that they had to explain it in a book
yeah, they could have had palpy explain it in the movie. Guess they tried to keep it simple to not confuse the most casual fans

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2019 06:23 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by juggernaut74
Yep. It is Mustafar.

In fact, that first battle was supposed to be taking place on the grounds of Vader's Castle, as one Wayfinder was Vader's, and the other was(obviously) Palpatine's.

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 22nd, 2019 at 07:59 PM

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2019 07:50 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Also, the entry for the Knights of Ren fleshes out every member(and their weaponry) quite a bit.

Also mentions that they would have been prime candidates for Inquisitors back in the Imperial days.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2019 08:25 PM