KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Hulk (2003 film) vs Indominus Rex (Jurassic World)

Hulk (2003 film) vs Indominus Rex (Jurassic World)
Started by: Tyrannoraptor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tyrannoraptor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Uhhh yeah, Hulk doesn't even have to physically touch the irex to win. A thunder clap would be just fine.

You understand at the end of the day, a dinosaur is an actual creature that goes by our law of physics right?

If I take a M2 .50 Cal machine gun, that creature is going to die. It might take a hundred rounds but it will die

Let's say there was a Godzilla sized trex, despite his size, his armor would only be able to take so many missiles and a nuke would one shot him, at the very least it would be akin to a man getting hit with a grenade. Flesh and blood earth creatures simply do not have the durability and strength that brings like the Hulk and actual Godzilla have.

On top of 2003 hulk hammertossing a 40-60 ton tank, where the Irex at most weighs 10 tons, on top of a healing factor, on top of durability, on top of a few other advantages this just completely lopsided
But someone told me Indominus Rex may not go entirely by our law of physics or did you mean a single 50 Cal bullet instantly kills I-Rex in a blink of an eye? Actually, The I-Rex claws were capable of piercing through a Gyrosphere whose glass could slow down a 50 Cal bullet & there was 1 scene where the dinosaur did pierce itself so as to get rid of the tracking device attached to its skin.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 06:27 AM
Tyrannoraptor is currently offline Click here to Send Tyrannoraptor a Private Message Find more posts by Tyrannoraptor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

That's him! I think. It looks like him.

Yup, the first vid is him. I would have never even thought to type those words in.

Cavedude and I are the Penn & Teller of internet searches!

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 10:20 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lighter332
Jake Skywalker

going with Hulk

Old Post Dec 28th, 2019 01:43 PM
Lighter332 is currently offline Click here to Send Lighter332 a Private Message Find more posts by Lighter332 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tyrannoraptor

Also, Indominus Rex ain't exactly a normal animal.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2019 05:47 AM
Tyrannoraptor is currently offline Click here to Send Tyrannoraptor a Private Message Find more posts by Tyrannoraptor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

I Rex gets his jaw ripped off wtf, good luck even piercing Hulks skin lol

Last edited by relentless1 on Dec 29th, 2019 at 07:26 AM

Old Post Dec 29th, 2019 07:23 AM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Originally posted by Tyrannoraptor
But someone told me Indominus Rex may not go entirely by our law of physics or did you mean a single 50 Cal bullet instantly kills I-Rex in a blink of an eye? Actually, The I-Rex claws were capable of piercing through a Gyrosphere whose glass could slow down a 50 Cal bullet & there was 1 scene where the dinosaur did pierce itself so as to get rid of the tracking device attached to its skin.

I literally wrote in there that it would probably take like 50 rounds. I guess if I got him in the eye, .50 Cal chew through steel like it's nothing bro. So I was being generous. It honestly wouldn't take that many headshots.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2019 08:25 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I literally wrote in there that it would probably take like 50 rounds. I guess if I got him in the eye, .50 Cal chew through steel like it's nothing bro. So I was being generous. It honestly wouldn't take that many headshots.

To be fair, movies have ruined many people regarding guns, because of how inaccurately things get portrayed. Some people seem to think something like a 9mm round, for example, needs to sound like a canon, but also believe something like a book can stop it pointblank. Not saying it's anyone here, but I have actually met people like that before.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2019 02:51 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tyrannoraptor

Okay so in conclusion, 50 Cal pierces through steel.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2019 03:56 AM
ShadowFyre

Absolutely,my first tour in Iraq we had to go destroy these railroad tracks, the only thing we had that was capable of doing it was the .50, at least the only thing that a normal squad would carry.

It would be far more lethal to a creature of that size than a grenade would be in my opinion.

And I am specifically speaking a heavy machine gun. If you go at a Irex with a little ass .50 Cal Desert Eagle your gonna be lucky to piss it off.

Of course I could be horribly wrong, as far as I know there is no actual skin of a dinosaur recorded, only the imprints. So that shit may be able to shrug off firearms.

Last edited by ShadowFyre on Dec 30th, 2019 at 06:49 AM

Old Post Dec 30th, 2019 06:47 AM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tyrannoraptor

Absolutely,my first tour in Iraq we had to go destroy these railroad tracks, the only thing we had that was capable of doing it was the .50, at least the only thing that a normal squad would carry.

It would be far more lethal to a creature of that size than a grenade would be in my opinion.

And I am specifically speaking a heavy machine gun. If you go at a Irex with a little ass .50 Cal Desert Eagle your gonna be lucky to piss it off.

Of course I could be horribly wrong, as far as I know there is no actual skin of a dinosaur recorded, only the imprints. So that shit may be able to shrug off firearms.
So your tour must be your experience while this dinosaur may be a little tougher.

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
To be fair, movies have ruined many people regarding guns, because of how inaccurately things get portrayed. Some people seem to think something like a 9mm round, for example, needs to sound like a canon, but also believe something like a book can stop it pointblank. Not saying it's anyone here, but I have actually met people like that before.
Well, I wouldn't thought a book could totally stop a close range gunshot.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2019 02:12 PM
riv6672

So your tour must be your experience while this dinosaur may be a little tougher.

Well I can see where your imagination would trump someone w. actual knowledge as to what a .50 CAL can do.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2019 02:57 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Well, I wouldn't thought a book could totally stop a close range gunshot.

Welp, kudos. You're at least smarter than these two were:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/19/...uilty-plea.html

And I don't want to be mean because it's a tragic event. But this kind of shit happens because movies create unrealistic impressions about firearms and gullible people believe them. Or like how people often get electrocuted onscreen from a single regular car battery. Yeah, no. Just no.

And yeah, this is off topic, but we all know Hulk wins.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2019 03:04 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Oh, Hulk definitely wins.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2019 04:46 PM
ShadowFyre

Originally posted by riv6672
Well I can see where your imagination would trump someone w. actual knowledge as to what a .50 CAL can do.

😂😂😂😂

Old Post Dec 31st, 2019 01:13 PM
NemeBro

Hulk could kill the mosasaurus in water, much less the indominus rex.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2019 07:12 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

They might have taken some pretty hefty liberties with the dinosaurs but they never portrayed them as some kind of supernatural animals. Aside from intelligence, and honestly not that much.

People acted like the raptor opening a door was something insane.

I have a friend whose pitbull can get a specific drink out of the fridge which he can open and close himself. He knows different beers, coke, Pepsi, and even knows the difference between sweet and unsweet tea. That's pretty damn cool.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2019 07:17 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Blue's ass nearly got killed by some nervous merc with a twitchy trigger finger IIRC. So, we know the raptors weren't all that tough.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2019 07:21 PM
Tyrannoraptor

Originally posted by riv6672
Also, the I-Rex shrugged off tail whips from the Ankylosaurus which does nearly severe damage to the bulletproof glass of the Gyrosphere.

Last edited by Tyrannoraptor on Jan 20th, 2020 at 06:03 AM

Old Post Jan 20th, 2020 05:59 AM
ShadowFyre

That's great, 2003 Hulk could hammer toss a Brontosaurus.

BTW, an actual Apatosaur/Brontosaur would have snapped a Trez/Irex/Spinosaur backbone with a tailwhip. And done it casually

Old Post Jan 20th, 2020 12:22 PM
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

They might have taken some pretty hefty liberties with the dinosaurs but they never portrayed them as some kind of supernatural animals. Aside from intelligence, and honestly not that much.

People acted like the raptor opening a door was something insane.

I have a friend whose pitbull can get a specific drink out of the fridge which he can open and close himself. He knows different beers, coke, Pepsi, and even knows the difference between sweet and unsweet tea. That's pretty damn cool.

his mutt didn't know that shit in '93 tho...

Old Post Jan 21st, 2020 12:55 AM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote