KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Iran Shot Down Ukrainian Airiner

Iran Shot Down Ukrainian Airiner
Started by: BrolyBlack

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Iran is not "only 1/10 as bad as Saudi Arabia."

Iran, not Saudi Arabia, is the #1 state sponsor of terrorism.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Jan 9th, 2020 09:29 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

quote: (post)
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
Iran is not "only 1/10 as bad as Saudi Arabia."

Iran, not Saudi Arabia, is the #1 state sponsor of terrorism.

Well let's analyse that claim

Iran supports:
Hezbollah
Hamas

Saudi Arabia supports
Al Qaeda
ISIS
Al nusra front
The Taliban
Boko Haram
The Mujahedeen
Islamic Jihad
Lashkar-e-Taiba
Ansar al-Islam
Ansar al-Sharia
Jabhat al-Nusrah
Plus another 50 different groups in various parts of the world

Old Post Jan 9th, 2020 09:46 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by Tzeentch
They're a 10th as bad as Saudi Arabia, "Our Greatest Ally". Or NK. Or Turkey.

You (and I mean "you" in a general sense) don't get to arbitrarily pick which evil is tolerable and which evil should be snuffed out. As shitty as Iran is, it's a sovereign country backed by two nuclear powers, and on the global stage the only thing they're really guilty of is playing the same proxy-war /sabre-rattling garbage that we and most of the other big players in geopolitics are playing.

Sure it sucks that all those people on the plane died for nothing. But jerking each other off on an anonymous image board about it isn't going to bring them back to life or prevent further atrocities from occurring.

They're not as tenth as bad as Saudi Arabia. By what metric did you rank them higher than SA? Quality of life? Freedom from oppression? GDP per capita?

Turkey is a major disappointment from the progress they were making but I hopefully post-Edrogan, will do better. Still, not comparable to Iran in the current condition.

The populace is better off than NK but that might be the worst regime in modern history. Not two, but three generations have been living under the Kim family propaganda machine. I.e. there aren't any more people to talk about "How things were better before."

Then what was the purpose of your post? To argue that other regimes in the world are shit? In the same breath, I shit on China. I already know this. The current Iran government is still an irresponsible, terroristic regime that mowed down hundreds of their own citizens in gunfire very recently. Based on the actionable intelligence of threat to their citizens, the U.S.'s elimination of General Salami was more than justified.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2020 09:47 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by Robtard
No worries, why I explained.

Then you went all dickish regardless. That example wasn't "whataboutism", meaning Iran's free and clear here because of what the US did, it's not, as there's zero correlation. It was noting that accidents like this do happen via example.

Now if you want to discuss what I think happened, sure. LMK. edit: I'm not entirely convinced this was an accident, maybe, maybe not.

Hmmm. I'm not sure what the purpose would be to shoot this down. Out of the 172 passengers, 163 were flying to Canada, and many had dual citizenship. They were an added net benefit to Iran as they were all educated, and in STEM (We had a serious brain drain atm) but tbh...with irrational regimes like this? Intellectuals have been killed before, setting a country back entire decades.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2020 09:50 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Hmmm. I'm not sure what the purpose would be to shoot this down. Out of the 172 passengers, 163 were flying to Canada, and many had dual citizenship. They were an added net benefit to Iran as they were all educated, and in STEM (We had a serious brain drain atm) but tbh...with irrational regimes like this? Intellectuals have been killed before, setting a country back entire decades.

Your initial "are you trolling" response doesn't make much sense then, as that seemed to support that Iran did or could have done it on purpose. That's fine though, moving on.

The "it was accidental" statement, that Iran was on high alert due to Trump killing Soleimani days before and human error caused this to happen is certainly plausible, as they were on high alert, especially after launching missiles and humans do error.

But a small part of me doesn't buy that, part of me thinks Putin pressured Iran to attack a Ukrainian plane as a "f**k you!" to Ukraine and Iran's not really in a position to ignore Russia, as Iran relies on Russia for its military and defense gear.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 9th, 2020 09:57 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Tzeentch
They're a 10th as bad as Saudi Arabia, "Our Greatest Ally". Or NK. Or Turkey.

Ask Whirly if SA is behind the times and "regressed." He'd know. He's been in that country, recently.

My take: it hasn't. They've progressed. Sounds stupid but they finally let women drive.

They have fewer homicides per capita than the USA. Their education scores, however, are near the bottom of the list (PISA).

https://www.oecd.org/pisa/PISA-results_ENGLISH.png

Saudi Arabia is also not that free based on the Freedom Index. They are 172 out of 180 countries measured:

https://rsf.org/en/ranking

Iran is not much better: 170.

So I think it's not as bad as you say but it is still pretty bad.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2020 11:00 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Well let's analyse that claim

Iran supports:
Hezbollah
Hamas

Saudi Arabia supports
Al Qaeda
ISIS
Al nusra front
The Taliban
Boko Haram
The Mujahedeen
Islamic Jihad
Lashkar-e-Taiba
Ansar al-Islam
Ansar al-Sharia
Jabhat al-Nusrah
Plus another 50 different groups in various parts of the world

How many of those are state sponsored or supported, however? Many of those are probably also in the US but definitely not state sponsored.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2020 11:01 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

They're not as tenth as bad as Saudi Arabia. By what metric did you rank them higher than SA? Quality of life? Freedom from oppression? GDP per capita?

Turkey is a major disappointment from the progress they were making but I hopefully post-Edrogan, will do better. Still, not comparable to Iran in the current condition.

The populace is better off than NK but that might be the worst regime in modern history. Not two, but three generations have been living under the Kim family propaganda machine. I.e. there aren't any more people to talk about "How things were better before."

Then what was the purpose of your post? To argue that other regimes in the world are shit? In the same breath, I shit on China. I already know this. The current Iran government is still an irresponsible, terroristic regime that mowed down hundreds of their own citizens in gunfire very recently. Based on the actionable intelligence of threat to their citizens, the U.S.'s elimination of General Salami was more than justified.
Saudi Arabia is literally, unironically, the largest exporter of Islamic terrorism on the entire planet.

Then what was the purpose of your post? To argue that other regimes in the world are shit?
To point out that your railing against people ITT is navel-gazing.

Remember, the post of yours that I replied to was you attacking other people for not basically saying "raaaaaah **** Iran, Iran bad!" To which my response is, what is it that you think people are supposed to say? And what is accomplished by people ranting about how evil Iran is? People have been ranting about how evil Iran is for like 30 years, lol.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Last edited by Tzeentch on Jan 9th, 2020 at 11:15 PM

Old Post Jan 9th, 2020 11:08 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ok so Iran shot this plane down and shrugs from liberals but Trump killed a terrorist and he’s a traitor for it?

Old Post Jan 9th, 2020 11:08 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Are you guys trolling or?

Iran has regressed significantly in the last 50 years. This is a further indication of how terrible the current leadership is. Some of the support I see for Iran in the last week is baffling. The regime terrorizes and murders its own citizens. They've significantly damaged the economy, are irrational, and have passed backward laws.

They're the dumb cousins of more efficient totalitarian regimes like the Third Reich or the CCP.

Yeah, but Trump bro. That is literally what this comes down to: Trump. He drives them crazy. It's like someone poured liquid LSD onto their brains.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2020 11:10 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Ok so Iran shot this plane down and shrugs from liberals but Trump killed a terrorist and he’s a traitor for it?

Who exactly are you talking to here?

Old Post Jan 9th, 2020 11:11 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Surtur
Yeah, but Trump bro. That is literally what this comes down to: Trump. He drives them crazy. It's like someone poured liquid LSD onto their brains.

Stop poisoning the well.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2020 11:12 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Rob you have as much room to talk about poisoning the well as Harvey Weinstein does about taking advantage of women.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2020 11:12 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I don't see anyone blaming Trump here, in fact, the only people making crazy Trump posts are the Trumpers. So you're just doing your usual shitpost because you were hoping this was another thread you could scream about "evil Iran/Muslims", but the Pentagon slapped you down.

Sorry this happened.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2020 11:16 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

But nobody did that. Do better.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2020 11:18 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

But nobody did that. Do better.
Yeah, just these nobodies doing it:

Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
...unless of course Trump was the one who kills someone by accident. Then it's the end of the world lol.

They are trolling of just ok with what Iran does because Trump said something

Old Post Jan 9th, 2020 11:21 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah people did talk about the pathetic trump obsession and thus the knee jerk reaction from pathetic folk to be against anything he does.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2020 11:22 PM
Darth Thor

Re: Re: Re: Iran Shot Down Ukrainian Airiner

Dude you a clueless ape. Why would they keep the black box?

Every government and rational person who believes Iran did this assumes it was an accident.

They were doing retaliation attacks against the U.S forces just hours earlier. Why would they just randomly shoot down a civilian airline on purpose right after?

Try using your brain for once. I get that you handed it over to Fox News a long time ago, but at least try.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2020 11:31 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Yeah people did talk about the pathetic trump obsession and thus the knee jerk reaction from pathetic folk to be against anything he does.

Repeat: No one here blamed Trump for firing the missile that downed the passenger plane

Honestly, try and get a grip

Old Post Jan 9th, 2020 11:33 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Repeat: No one here blamed Trump for firing the missile that downed the passenger plane

Honestly, try and get a grip

I never said u blamed Trump for it, I just think you guys are acting deranged as f*ck over Iran cuz of Trump. You guys can't see this issue clearly, I'd sit it out thumb up

Old Post Jan 9th, 2020 11:35 PM