KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » MCU: Scarlet Witch runs the Thor Gauntlet

MCU: Scarlet Witch runs the Thor Gauntlet
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

MCU: Scarlet Witch runs the Thor Gauntlet

Wanda has her morals off like she did against Thanos

Round 1: AOU Thor with Mjolnir
Round 2: Ragnarok Thor
Round 3: Fat Thor with Stormbreaker and Mjolnir
Round 4: Infinity War Thor with Stormbreaker

Where does she stop?

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jan 9th, 2020 08:50 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Well, she gets farther than Bane, who dies in round one.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2020 09:07 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

Thor should be able to dispose of her with lightning even if she TK crushes him like she did Thanos.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2020 10:11 PM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I'd still be inclined to back Thor in general, due to the durability advantage and that, unlike Thanos, he has ranged attacks of his own. But I am also wondering whether Wanda could damage either Mjolnir or Stormbreaker, considering what she did to Thanos' sword, which was implied to be of the same material during an interview IIRC.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2020 01:33 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I'd still be inclined to back Thor in general, due to the durability advantage and that, unlike Thanos, he has ranged attacks of his own. But I am also wondering whether Wanda could damage either Mjolnir or Stormbreaker, considering what she did to Thanos' sword, which was implied to be of the same material during an interview IIRC.

Yeah but Thanos' sword isn't magical like Mjolnir or Stormbreaker.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2020 07:34 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by FrothByte
Yeah but Thanos' sword isn't magical like Mjolnir or Stormbreaker.

True, but Wanda's powers are also hax Infinity Stone fueled magic. Feige has outright stated the main difference between what she does and regular Earth sorcerers do is she goes via instinct whereas they operate via learned and controlled techniques and spells, and we're likely delving deeper into all this in Dr Strange 2. So, being magical isn't necessarily a counter either. And I am not even saying she could do it. Just speculating a bit.

On a somewhat related note, it seems clear the current push by the MCU execs are that Wanda and Carol are the top dogs right now. Which I suppose does make sense, considering how they were empowered as well as the current state of many of the OG Avengers and co. But it does make me extra annoyed we never got to see Pietro develop to his full potential, though I can see the potential of a super hard-hitting, super durable guy, who could potentially impale Thanos with his own weapon before he even knew what's up, being around for too long being a narrative issue. They'd have to strap a Flash-helmet to him 90% of the time or he'd solo a lot of scenarios.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2020 08:20 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

Wanda > Thanos' sword > Cap's shield

It's a good bet that she could crush Mjolnir. Luckily, he doesn't need it to fry her with lightning.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2020 08:23 AM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Psychotron
Wanda > Thanos' sword > Cap's shield

It's a good bet that she could crush Mjolnir. Luckily, he doesn't need it to fry her with lightning.

Well, I was thinking in terms of AoU Thor and Mjolnir for the most part, because that's before he'd properly unlocked his lightning abilities. But yeah, any version after that could zap her while stationary. Even Fat Thor used lightning a few times in Endgame (the combo attack with Tony and a lightning burst when the two armies initially met, to name some examples). Granted, he was armed when he did those, but I sincerely doubt he's gotten so bad in those five years that he can't summon at least one decent lightning strike without his weapons. But even AoU Thor just needs one good connection to win.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2020 08:29 AM
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Wanda destroys all those except maybe infinity war thor. Maybe

Old Post Jan 11th, 2020 12:17 AM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Y'all are crazy, anyone with a ranged attack like Thor kills Wanda in seconds

Old Post Jan 11th, 2020 11:34 AM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

If only Thanos had a gun.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2020 01:03 PM
ShadowFyre

Well yeah, attacking a telekinetic with a sword is stupid

Old Post Jan 11th, 2020 02:45 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Psychotron
If only Thanos had a gun.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 11th, 2020 03:30 PM
ShadowFyre

Your comparing small arms fire to Thor's lightning? SAPI plates that regular humans wear can do the same thing. Wanda is all offense pretty much, she couldn't even contain that bomb not even 5 minutes later.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2020 05:20 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Your comparing small arms fire to Thor's lightning?

He was responding to Thanos having a gun.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2020 06:46 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Seriously, dude? I literally have said twice now that I back Thor and that he could take her out with a single decent lightning strike. I was responding to Psychotron's post regarding an actual gun and literally quoted him while doing so. You're strawmanning me now for absolutely no reason.

What's more, a gun or cannon or other projectile weapon can actually be telekinetically torn from his grip, unlike inherent powers.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2020 07:23 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Ikr?

Spite against the lightning.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2020 07:46 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

True, but Wanda's powers are also hax Infinity Stone fueled magic. Feige has outright stated the main difference between what she does and regular Earth sorcerers do is she goes via instinct whereas they operate via learned and controlled techniques and spells, and we're likely delving deeper into all this in Dr Strange 2. So, being magical isn't necessarily a counter either. And I am not even saying she could do it. Just speculating a bit.

On a somewhat related note, it seems clear the current push by the MCU execs are that Wanda and Carol are the top dogs right now. Which I suppose does make sense, considering how they were empowered as well as the current state of many of the OG Avengers and co. But it does make me extra annoyed we never got to see Pietro develop to his full potential, though I can see the potential of a super hard-hitting, super durable guy, who could potentially impale Thanos with his own weapon before he even knew what's up, being around for too long being a narrative issue. They'd have to strap a Flash-helmet to him 90% of the time or he'd solo a lot of scenarios.

Nah, I don't consider her powers hax. Her TK powers are pretty specific, regardless of where it came from, and we have enough feats from movies to determine the limits of what she can do at the moment.

Just because Thanos' sword might be made of Uru doesn't mean it was made the same way as Mjolnir. Doesn't mean it was made with the same level of craftmanship. And a warhammer is way harder to destroy than a sword blade.

What I'm saying is, 2 objects can be made of similar material yet be completely different durability wise. So Wanda cracking Thanos' sword is not proof that she can wreck Mjolnir.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2020 07:58 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Ikr?

Spite against the lightning.

Well one of them Knocks Hulk around, the other doesnt smile

Old Post Jan 11th, 2020 08:00 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by FrothByte
Nah, I don't consider her powers hax. Her TK powers are pretty specific, regardless of where it came from, and we have enough feats from movies to determine the limits of what she can do at the moment.

Just because Thanos' sword might be made of Uru doesn't mean it was made the same way as Mjolnir. Doesn't mean it was made with the same level of craftmanship. And a warhammer is way harder to destroy than a sword blade.

What I'm saying is, 2 objects can be made of similar material yet be completely different durability wise. So Wanda cracking Thanos' sword is not proof that she can wreck Mjolnir.

While you might not consider it hax, Feige himself has said it's essentially extra-dimensional energy manipulation (like Dr Strange and co do) that she just happens to manifest that way due to her lack of experience. And yes, we know what she can do, which includes destroying things as rare and powerful as Infinity Stones. And at no point did I say she can "wreck" Mjolnir. In fact, I never made any definitive statements in that regard. I simply wondered, given her higher end feats, whether she could damage either weapon if presented with the opportunity.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2020 08:22 PM