KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » MCU: Scarlet Witch runs the Thor Gauntlet

MCU: Scarlet Witch runs the Thor Gauntlet
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FrothByte
That still doesn't prove that Thor's lightning is short-ranged. There's also the fact that Wanda has trouble shielding herself while using her TK to attack, as was already proven when she was trying to crush Thanos.

So if your theory is she can use the same attack on Thor, then she's open to getting zapped by lightning.

I think TheVault was referring to the lightning coming off his body.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2020 12:07 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Psychotron
I already said he wins via lightning spam. I'm only saying Wanda's tk is strong enough to break Mjolnir.

Cool thumb up

But I also added the SB throw smile

Old Post Jan 15th, 2020 12:19 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
I think TheVault was referring to the lightning coming off his body.

Yes, that lightning seemed to reach out and strike undead Asgardians who were nowhere in range to hit Thor... and some of them were carrying spears. I'm not saying he can generate that lightning and hit a target a mile away but I think we're being a bit loose with the definition of "close range" here.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2020 12:23 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

Thanos hits Cap's shield 4 different times before the shield breaks. Now I agree some of them were glancing hits, but one of them hit somewhere near the middle of Cap's shield strong enough to send Cap flying back. And guess what? No dent on the shield. Not even a scratch.

Also, if you don't think it's easier for a hammer to dent the edge of a shield than it is to dents its center then you really need to get a hold of a shield at some point and check it out. The edges of a shield are normally the first parts to get damaged.

There's also the fact that Thor wields Mjolnir one-handed whereas the strikes that Thanos used to break the shield were delivered two handed.

No, he hit him twice before. The first time at the start of the battle when all 4 are brawling and once again before he punches Mjolnir out his hand. Then his next hit slices into the shield.

It's easier to dent the edge, but a sword can't slice the edge at all. That's my point.

The grip of Thanos' sword is so small it's impossbile to actually two-hand it. At best he can hold the hand that's holding the hilt, which is something Thor can do. And again, Thor's hammer is magical. He struck the shield with both lightning and physical force.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2020 09:16 AM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Cool thumb up

But I also added the SB throw smile

I don't really see Thor going for that right off the bat with Wanda. But theoretically, yeah, it should do the job.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2020 09:17 AM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Yes, that lightning seemed to reach out and strike undead Asgardians who were nowhere in range to hit Thor... and some of them were carrying spears. I'm not saying he can generate that lightning and hit a target a mile away but I think we're being a bit loose with the definition of "close range" here.

By close range I mean no further than a couple of meters; that's at least how it was portrayed in Ragnarok.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2020 12:15 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote