KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Despero Vs Apocalypse

Despero Vs Apocalypse
Started by: Senor Cage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MrMind

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Philosophía
It's funny how sometimes, Apoc's underlings/horsemen/henchmen have feats that would make even him proud [i.e. see Harbinger steamrolling Avengers]. Until we saw him against Thor, we'd have thought that type of performance would be above him [choking Hulk like a ***** notwithstanding]

I should probably update the respect thread with Harbinger's showings...

Who do you think win a fight between 616 versions of magneto and apocalypse, Phil?

Old Post Jan 29th, 2020 09:16 AM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Magneto.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Jan 29th, 2020 09:32 AM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by MrMind
Who do you think win a fight between 616 versions of magneto and apocalypse, Phil?

You just asked one of the biggest Magnus fans on the web to repeat what he's been saying for 13 years.

Are you going to ask zopzop if he's gay next? stick out tongue

It's funny how sometimes, Apoc's underlings/horsemen/henchmen have feats that would make even him proud [i.e. see Harbinger steamrolling Avengers]. Until we saw him against Thor, we'd have thought that type of performance would be above him [choking Hulk like a ***** notwithstanding]

I should probably update the respect thread with Harbinger's showings...

Yeah, I see what you're saying, but War's performance against Emma is not something Nur shouldn't be capable of.

Phil, do you remember if Jean had her Phoenix powers when she met Essex and Apoc in the past? I know that she did go by the codename "Phoenix" then and the book title is saying that too, but I'm still not sure.

@DS

Anyway, we're going in circles now, I already agreed on page 2 that Despero is tailor-made for conquering all minds, strong or not. That's his whole thing.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2020 10:11 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Stilt, fight me

Old Post Jan 29th, 2020 10:14 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
You just asked one of the biggest Magnus fans on the web to repeat what he's been saying for 13 years.

Are you going to ask zopzop if he's gay next? stick out tongue

Yeah, I see what you're saying, but War's performance against Emma is not something Nur shouldn't be capable of.

Phil, do you remember if Jean had her Phoenix powers when she met Essex and Apoc in the past? I know that she did go by the codename "Phoenix" then and the book title is saying that too, but I'm still not sure.

@DS

Anyway, we're going in circles now, I already agreed on page 2 that Despero is tailor-made for conquering all minds, strong or not. That's his whole thing.
I agree.

At this point, I can't follow what Jean taps when with what Phoenix force. I just consider her "regular" Jean.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Jan 29th, 2020 10:22 AM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Stilt, fight me

I'm getting too old for this shit.

(please log in to view the image)

--
As mentioned already, Apoc does have a great track record against telepaths (Jean, Exodus, Cable) and powerful beings with vast arrays of powers, including some psionic abilities (Prime Eternal Ikaris, High Evolutionary).

Then you have Mister Sinister, who keeps rebelling/plotting against Nur... instead of, you know, obliterating him with a barrage of mental blasts.

I agree that Blue Lips needs more on panel feats, but Marvel keeps wanking Purple Chin instead.

Racism at its worst.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2020 10:26 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I agree.

At this point, I can't follow what Jean taps when with what Phoenix force. I just consider her "regular" Jean.

Yeah, it's a mess...

But hey, *if* that was indeed regular Jean... it's a great thing that Marvel happened to retcon the Phoenix Force as the thing that holds Jean back and prevents her from reaching her full power... shifty

She really needs to go back to her grave, lol.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2020 10:29 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I think it's regular Jean, but that's me. Or at least at the time it was mean to be, anwyay.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 29th, 2020 11:26 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Any idea why she still goes by Phoenix, then?

I always thought she used that codename for a reason, you know.

Then again, women never make any sense.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2020 11:31 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Any idea why she still goes by Phoenix, then?

I always thought she used that codename for a reason, you know.

Then again, women never make any sense.

Was it not something to do with Rachel asking her to, or something? It's been a while since I read it.

Edit: Found it:

(please log in to view the image)

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Last edited by -Pr- on Jan 29th, 2020 at 10:38 PM

Old Post Jan 29th, 2020 09:51 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by -Pr-
Was it not something to do with Rachel asking her to, or something? It's been a while since I read it.

Edit: Found it:

Great find. That'd explain it. Thank you.

And thank Marvel for revealing to us how Phoenix-less Jean is even more powerful... shifty

Old Post Jan 31st, 2020 12:22 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

lol np.

When did the retcon happen? Or are you talking about what happend after Zero Tolerance?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 31st, 2020 12:58 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Nah, not Zero Tolerance.

I'm talking about the quite recent events --- shortly after Jean was brought back.

Scans were posted on KMC (but they got buried, as usual), I think the idea got explored in the X-Men: Red run:

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-red-jean-...werful-phoenix/

Old Post Jan 31st, 2020 01:08 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Nah, not Zero Tolerance.

I'm talking about the quite recent events --- shortly after Jean was brought back.

Scans were posted on KMC (but they got buried, as usual), I think the idea got explored in the X-Men: Red run:

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-red-jean-...werful-phoenix/

JFC.

Also, credit to the artist for the third panel in which she's squatting to take a shit on our childhoods.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 31st, 2020 01:17 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

laughing out loud

There is True Darkseid... there is True Jean... stop hating, bro cool

Old Post Jan 31st, 2020 01:23 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

lol.

Also, just fyi, that scan is from Cyclops and Phoenix #4. Not the Further Adventures, which is the one posted earlier with Apoc and Sinister.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 31st, 2020 02:29 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Thank you thumb up

I love how Lex Luthor makes a cameo in your scan

Old Post Jan 31st, 2020 07:30 PM