KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Has KMC ever had such little traffic in Winter?

Has KMC ever had such little traffic in Winter?
Started by: Putinbot1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
I've avoided sharing this before because it felt like a dick move, especially to the mods who've stuck around and done their best to keep this place afloat and in order, but I also post on Checkhookboxing, and there is noticeably more traffic there than here.

I'd hate to leech what few active members KMC has left, but traffic here is down to a crawl. That, along with all the bad blood and off-topic bickering (not unique to KMC, btw) and malfunctions, kills my desire to post here in general.

If anyone is interested in checking it out, or at least bookmarking it in case KMC goes 404 one day, here's the link:

https://www.checkhookboxing.com/ind...orums/lounge.9/

Dude, nobody's gonna kill you for posting a link. Wrathful Dwarf is dead.

Anyway, it's been done before. Some guys moved to cbr, some to comic ledger, spacebattles, narutoforums, some to FB groups, discord, twitter or even YT channels... or comicvine.

Every once in a while, someone makes his own noob message board and invites everyone from KMC there. It never works.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2020 03:28 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by Putinbot1
I know Broly rings the death knell for KMC almost weekly, but even Surtur and Rob are hardly posting. PVS has vanished for the most part. All the forums seem empty... I run into Stilt regularly... but perhaps most telling serial multi-sockers like Flystar and Riv aren't really bothering. Is this the end?
Raz hasn't been on KMC regularly since 2009. There are things only Raz can do such as name changes, unbanning people, making new forums, deleting old forums and site maitenance.

KMC's platform is from 2006. The site is just out of date. Most people now post from tablets or phones. The site gets messed up with glitches from these posts.

Most mods have left. There are twice as many innactive mods as active mods. Plus some of the modding back in the day was a bit biased. When we decided Whirly could stay on KMC, I went back and looked for the posts that got him perm banned. I still don't know the reason.

I guess on the positive side Raz kept the forum alive and did respond to the SOS email I sent him last year when the site went down. Just wish he'd spend a few hours per month doing admin stuff, or give a mod those permissions.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jan 25th, 2020 03:48 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

One thing we really need is an actual co-admin. With at least *some* admin powers.

As we all know, Ush only got the title --- and he resigned.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2020 03:57 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Binks
Raz hasn't been on KMC regularly since 2009. There are things only Raz can do such as name changes, unbanning people, making new forums, deleting old forums and site maitenance.

KMC's platform is from 2006. The site is just out of date. Most people now post from tablets or phones. The site gets messed up with glitches from these posts.

Most mods have left. There are twice as many innactive mods as active mods. Plus some of the modding back in the day was a bit biased. When we decided Whirly could stay on KMC, I went back and looked for the posts that got him perm banned. I still don't know the reason.

I guess on the positive side Raz kept the forum alive and did respond to the SOS email I sent him last year when the site went down. Just wish he'd spend a few hours per month doing admin stuff, or give a mod those permissions.

I take credit for running off most of those fckers, you however have been most resilientsmile

Old Post Jan 25th, 2020 04:26 AM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by BrolyBlack
You can’t be serious, where have you been the past 10 years.

Apparently, not talking to a KMC poster you call "Bran."

Old Post Jan 25th, 2020 04:28 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Yeah, riiiight...

Old Post Jan 25th, 2020 04:33 AM
rudester
Tommy

Ugh maybe babe who's asking?

Old Post Jan 25th, 2020 04:37 AM
rudester is currently offline Click here to Send rudester a Private Message Find more posts by rudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Surtur
I haven't seen DMB post in a while either.
DMB and a lot of the SW gang have moved to this website: http://www.suspectinsightforums.com/

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jan 25th, 2020 04:52 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Hi, Jmang...

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 25th, 2020 05:10 AM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
Apparently, not talking to a KMC poster you call "Bran."

laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 25th, 2020 06:39 AM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Badabing

pretty much spot on!
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
I take credit for running off most of those fckers, you however have been most resilientsmile
Never change thumb up

Old Post Jan 25th, 2020 03:27 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Badabing

Why doesn't Raz just pass the torch to someone else?

Old Post Jan 25th, 2020 03:57 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Jmanghan
DMB and a lot of the SW gang have moved to this website: http://www.suspectinsightforums.com/

Intriguing. I bookmarked it.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2020 03:59 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Intriguing. I bookmarked it.
laughing out loud an alternative to "Hang outs", hey surt?!

Old Post Jan 25th, 2020 04:06 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't go into "hang outs" smile

Old Post Jan 25th, 2020 04:22 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Why doesn't Raz just pass the torch to someone else?

Good question.

He actually did select Ush as the co-admin... but, aside from the title, he had no extra privileges over a global mod.

Ush resigned some time afterwards.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2020 04:28 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't go into "hang outs" smile
Sure Jan. smile

Old Post Jan 25th, 2020 04:47 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Hi

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 25th, 2020 05:32 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Hi
hello big boy thumb up

Old Post Jan 25th, 2020 05:57 PM
Sheev
The All-Sith

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Best thing that could have ever happened to this place was those idiot trolls leaving tbh.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2020 06:25 PM
Sheev is currently offline Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote