KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars: The High Republic (aka. "Project Luminous")

Star Wars: The High Republic (aka. "Project Luminous")
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 11 12 [13]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I also think that Keeve Trennis will turn toward the dark side at some point -- or at the very least, leave the Jedi Order.

In Dooku: Jedi Lost, Yoda referenced a "Master Trennis" when he was teaching the Padawans about the Lost Jedi:
quote:
These are some of the Lost. Masters they once were, before disillusioned they became.

As Braylon talked, Yoda hobbled toward the bust of a female with a proud, defiant expression. Master Trennis. Hm. Sad, that was. Yes. Sad indeed.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Feb 9th, 2021 at 12:46 AM

Old Post Feb 9th, 2021 12:15 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

im rather enjoying these novels and comics

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
I also think that Keeve Trennis will turn toward the dark side at some point -- or at the very least, leave the Jedi Order.

In Dooku: Jedi Lost, Yoda referenced a "Master Trennis" when he was teaching the Padawans about the Lost Jedi:

i believe you are absolutely correct

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 9th, 2021 12:47 AM
Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

Would make sense. I doubt there was more than one Trennis in the Order, and Yoda seemed to remember her very well.

Definitely not a coincidence imo. Didn't Jedi Lost also tease the high republic as well?

Old Post Feb 9th, 2021 12:59 AM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

True. The High Republic did get a brief mention in Jedi Lost:
quote:
If you believe the stories--which Sifo-Dyas does, passionately--Teradine was a Padawan from the time of the High Republic.

Aside from that, Jedi Lost was written by Cavan Scott... Who is also one of the key writers for the High Republic event.

So Trennis being referenced likely wasn't some random ass-pull. She'll almost certainly abandon the Jedi Order at some point in this event(and possibly turn towards the dark side)... Perhaps as a result of an encounter with the Drengir?

Old Post Feb 9th, 2021 01:08 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

So in Light of the Jedi, Marchion Ro(leader of the Nihil) captured Jedi Master Loden Greatstorm, and acquired his orange bladed lightsaber.

In this preview image for HR #3, it looks like Marchion Ro has weaponized the saber... Perhaps into some kind of lightspear-esque rifle?

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 15th, 2021 06:02 PM
ares834

Why? Why do they keep doing this stupid shit? Lightsaber guns are dumb.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2021 07:47 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

I don't understand what that even is? Does it like shoot the saber at people or what? confused

Old Post Feb 16th, 2021 09:30 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Apr 9th, 2021 01:39 AM
Zenwolf

Can we stop with these lightsaber guns. -_-....That devalues the significance and importance of a lightsaber to a Jedi, making it just a mere component of some weapon....it's also just really stupid.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2021 02:11 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Underachiever59

I don't get the complaints about the lightsaber rifle. I mean, we don't even know for sure if that's what Marchion Ro is using, it's just speculation right now. And even if it is, I don't see how it "devalues" a lightsaber. Hell, the Death Star was basically just a giant lightsaber gun.

If Marchion Ro did make Loden Greatstorm's lightsaber into a blaster, that doesn't devalue the importance of the lightsaber to Loden. It's a form of deliberate disrespect toward Loden on Marchion's part, turning the sword of a peacekeeper into a weapon to spread fear and destruction. I don't see a problem with that as an action taken by a villain. And I'm sure a kyber-powered blaster would be an ideal weapon for the leader of the Nihil, giving him a blaster that wouldn't be nearly as easily deflected by the Jedi he's up against.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2021 06:44 AM
Click here to Send Underachiever59 a Private Message Find more posts by Underachiever59 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Given we have seen Jedi use lightsabers to power rifles and ships, it kinda is. I wasn’t saying that Ro was devaluing it, that was just a general statement. Also the DS used a component of a lightsaber, it didn’t use a whole lightsaber to power it.

Now you’re right it’s speculation, but I guess we’ll see.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2021 10:58 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Oh some cool Lore stuff

Old Post Apr 9th, 2021 01:39 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote