KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Deadpool vs Ozymandias w. stips

Deadpool vs Ozymandias w. stips
Started by: TheVaultDweller

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
h1a8

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Silent Master
Are you saying that DP isn't allowed to counter-attack?
Of course. But Ozy is at an advantage since he always wait for someone to attack first. Ozy chances of attacking first is slim to none. And even if Ozy attacks and DP counters then the fight isn't over. In other words, Ozy gets way more licks than DP does and therefore has the advantage.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Mar 29th, 2020 09:01 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by h1a8
Of course. But Ozy is at an advantage since he always wait for someone to attack first. Ozy chances of attacking first is slim to none. And even if Ozy attacks and DP counters then the fight isn't over. In other words, Ozy gets way more licks than DP does and therefore has the advantage.

How does Ozy get more licks in when DP counters all his attacks?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2020 09:05 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

How does Ozy get more licks in when DP counters all his attacks?

DP can't counter when he is being countered.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2020 09:26 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

DP can't counter when he is being countered.

So, DP isn't allowed to counter Ozy's counters. he has to just stand there and take it?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2020 09:28 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

So, DP isn't allowed to counter Ozy's counters. he has to just stand there and take it?

Nope to first question. That would negate the definition of counter.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2020 10:08 PM
Silent Master

Nope to first question. That would negate the definition of counter.

I don't see a rule in the OP says DP isn't allowed to counter. where are you getting this rule from?

Old Post Mar 29th, 2020 10:32 PM
h1a8

I don't see a rule in the OP says DP isn't allowed to counter. where are you getting this rule from?

DP can only counter if Ozy attacks first. That's why it's called a "counter". If Ozy never attacks first then DP can't counter. That's like asking why someone can't counter if no one attacks them.

DP would attack first. Ozy would dodge or parry and counter while DP is exposed and open.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2020 12:08 AM
Silent Master

Then DP would counter Ozy's counter-attack.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2020 12:15 AM
h1a8

Then DP would counter Ozy's counter-attack.
That would contradict the word "counter". If DP is able to counter a counter attack then the initial counter wasn't a counter attack at all but rather an attack.

In a nutshell, counter attacks can't be countered and still be counter attacks.

Ozy would indeed counter DP. And there is nothing DP can do about it.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2020 12:45 AM
Silent Master

Where is this rule that states counter-attacks can't be countered?

Old Post Mar 30th, 2020 01:09 AM
tkitna

Well, this is going about how I expected.

By Stoic

Old Post Mar 30th, 2020 01:46 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

That would contradict the word "counter". If DP is able to counter a counter attack then the initial counter wasn't a counter attack at all but rather an attack.

In a nutshell, counter attacks can't be countered and still be counter attacks.

Ozy would indeed counter DP. And there is nothing DP can do about it.

My ears are now bleeding. confused

Old Post Mar 30th, 2020 01:58 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Originally posted by riv6672
My ears are now bleeding. confused

Nah bro, that's your brain cells. You know all the asinine , bass ackwards stuff you did in the Army for no reason at all that is hard to even describe to your civilian friends? H1 somehow hammered the very concept of it into a single post 🤣 He is some kind of word wizard.

Why does Deadpool outclass Ozy so badly anyway? I thought Ozy was superhuman

Old Post Mar 30th, 2020 02:31 AM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 30th, 2020 02:49 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

More proof H1 is a troll. Would rather play word semantic games than provide valid, feat-based responses (for example, listing examples of opponents comparable to Wade that Ozy has done this to) as to why Deadpool would be unable to react or counter any of Ozy's own attacks. This is a fist fight. It's not a language or grammar debate (not that H1 is particularly competent in that area either). No one is going to dictate their fight behaviour according to H1's opinion on the word 'counter'.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2020 03:14 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
More proof H1 is a troll. Would rather play word semantic games than provide valid, feat-based responses (for example, listing examples of opponents comparable to Wade that Ozy has done this to) as to why Deadpool would be unable to react or counter any of Ozy's own attacks. This is a fist fight. It's not a language or grammar debate (not that H1 is particularly competent in that area either). No one is going to dictate their fight behaviour according to H1's opinion on the word 'counter'.

So you admit to creating a thread where one guy stomps the other easily and thus baiting? Or do you think the fight is competitive and can go either way?

Because just going by purely visual speeds and showings of skill (defensive especially) against other characters and technique these two are pretty damn comparable with the exception that Ozy always wait for his opponent to attack first in order to counter.

Where is this rule that states counter-attacks can't be countered?

If you fail to counter then it isn't a counter.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2020 08:21 AM
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller

H1 and SM are both trolls. They’re the same person.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2020 08:36 AM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

If you fail to counter then it isn't a counter.

Then Ozy will never be able to counter as Deadpool's speed advantage will ensure that all his attempts fail.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2020 09:33 AM
h1a8

Then Ozy will never be able to counter as Deadpool's speed advantage will ensure that all his attempts fail.

thumb up
Now you are debating!

I disagree. Even if you argue that DP is faster then he is not so much faster that Ozy can't react and use defense.
After all, it doesn't take the same speed as an attack to defend against the attack. A lesser speed would suffice (within a certain percentage). Both can move in relation to bullets.

And by you going solely off the DP bullet feat then that means that you too use top feats as the level a character fights at in a forum fight. Good to know.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2020 10:32 AM
Silent Master

As you've stated, it's possible for someone slower to counter a faster character. thus since DP is actually the faster character, he'll have an even easier time countering Ozy.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2020 10:37 AM