KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Which Star Wars trilogy is your favorite and why?

Which Star Wars trilogy is your favorite and why?
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
WolvesofBabylon
Welcome to the machine

Ill go OT, PT, ST.

In my opinion broken up in three tiers

Great Movies- Empire, Sith, New Hope
Good Movies- Jedi, Clones, Skywalker
Bad-Force Awakens, Phantom Menace, Last Jedi

Old Post May 4th, 2020 04:07 AM
WolvesofBabylon is currently offline Click here to Send WolvesofBabylon a Private Message Find more posts by WolvesofBabylon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
The OT is superior in every way. CGI doesn't make a film special or better. The OT has better story telling, characterization, plot, pacing, acting, and no nods to society and the culture we live in today just to appease snowflakes and libtards.

The PT is good, even if Phantom Menace should have been sponsored by Cheese Whiz.

The ST is just not that good to me. No heart, no soul, no loyalty to the original fans who grew up with the beloved franchise. I totally understand that Star Wars has to change the formula to attract in and keep fans of a new generation, but the ST destroyed the foundation of greatness that took decades to build.

thumb up

My only disagreement is that they have to change the formula. Refine it, maybe, but you can go on youtube and watch kids watching the OT and their reactions to it.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 4th, 2020 10:31 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ayelewis

Originally posted by quanchi112
Ridiculous. Iyo not mine. Your own feelings are the only thing hurt. Toxic fandom claiming Disney ignores fan loyalty just because you let politics invade your judgment. The same fandom went wild on G Lucas over the the Pt. Fans need to get a life and realize your own opinion is your own. You do not own Star Wars nor do you speak for everyone. If you claim the terrible acting from the Ot trilogy is better I do not trust your opinion. You can enjoy it more but to lie not only to me but yourself shows you have too many political inspired feelings to think clearly. Better action, better storytelling, deeper meaning, and yes better cgi which is just a nice bow tie to the superiority of these films. Originals will always be more impactful but just set aside your nostalgia in the future.

He's a troll, ignore him. The relationship between Kylo and Rey is the best thing that's happened in these films.

"No heart no soul"

F ucking moron. They gave creative control to the design team in TFA. They used the same concept design from scratch that Ralph McQuarrie did for Star Wars. They used props, set pieces and shot onset locations. They let a director write and direct the second film inserting his own artistic integrity into the film. Interesting themes like Hero worship and identity were implemented. And these actors all feel like human beings instead of the cartoon characters that came before them.

Old Post May 4th, 2020 06:49 PM
Ayelewis is currently offline Click here to Send Ayelewis a Private Message Find more posts by Ayelewis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

OT of course, not only does it have the best single movie "The Empire Strikes Back", the overall story of the three films is superior to the other two trilogies. I watch one or more of these every few years still.

I liked the PT overall as well. On [rare] occasion watch ep 2 or 3 still.

ST, did like the first film, but it went down hill considerably, the story didn't move me. I honestly can say I am fine never watching ep 7-9 again.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 6th, 2020 06:32 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Ridiculous. Iyo not mine. Your own feelings are the only thing hurt. Toxic fandom claiming Disney ignores fan loyalty just because you let politics invade your judgment. The same fandom went wild on G Lucas over the the Pt. Fans need to get a life and realize your own opinion is your own. You do not own Star Wars nor do you speak for everyone. If you claim the terrible acting from the Ot trilogy is better I do not trust your opinion. You can enjoy it more but to lie not only to me but yourself shows you have too many political inspired feelings to think clearly. Better action, better storytelling, deeper meaning, and yes better cgi which is just a nice bow tie to the superiority of these films. Originals will always be more impactful but just set aside your nostalgia in the future.

Would you like some cheese with your whine?

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post May 10th, 2020 12:45 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Originally posted by Ayelewis
He's a troll, ignore him. The relationship between Kylo and Rey is the best thing that's happened in these films.

"No heart no soul"

F ucking moron. They gave creative control to the design team in TFA. They used the same concept design from scratch that Ralph McQuarrie did for Star Wars. They used props, set pieces and shot onset locations. They let a director write and direct the second film inserting his own artistic integrity into the film. Interesting themes like Hero worship and identity were implemented. And these actors all feel like human beings instead of the cartoon characters that came before them.

Old Post May 10th, 2020 12:47 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Ayelewis
Even the dreadful Return of the Jedi?
You didn't like RoTJ? sad

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post May 10th, 2020 02:33 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

On-topic, I love the PT because of the Jedi being in prominence, the massive ground battles, the lightsaber duels (emotion is great and all, but gimme the flippy duels of the PT ANY day).

And Clones are cooler then Stormtroopers.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post May 10th, 2020 02:36 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Harrison Ford is awful in some of these. He got much better but the acting is sub par. This series blows it out of the water. Mark H. was just a voice and Luke because he is not a great actor by any stretch of the imagination.

You might like them better but in terms of acting Driver, Ridley, and Isaac are just better actors. Ford got so much better with time but was still under developed at the time. Ian is in this Star Wars too. Watch the films. You might like them better but it is really sub par especially ANH in terms of acting.

Would you like some cheese with your whine?

Ohh I ACKBAR'ed This One!!!!

Old Post May 10th, 2020 03:20 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ayelewis

Originally posted by Jmanghan
You didn't like RoTJ? sad

I think "dreadful" is harsh criticism, so I'll take that back. I think it's disappointing but overall a solid and fun movie. What kills Jedi for me is Fisher and Ford, their roles here are so insipid, they're just props to move the story forward on Endor. I don't mind having alien creature allies but why Ewoks?. There is something so silly about ROTJ, it's off putting. Compared to Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back, they definitely ran out of ideas in terms of writing and interesting thematic material.

Old Post May 10th, 2020 06:45 PM
Ayelewis is currently offline Click here to Send Ayelewis a Private Message Find more posts by Ayelewis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

OT amongst the greatest trilogies of all time (if not greatest).

PT & OT form one of the greatest sagas of all time. And even More so when including TCW.

ST is just laughing out loud
Puts the entire saga down tbh.

Old Post May 11th, 2020 05:28 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Darth Thor
OT amongst the greatest trilogies of all time (if not greatest).

PT & OT form one of the greatest sagas of all time. And even More so when including TCW.

ST is just laughing out loud
Puts the entire saga down tbh.
Iyo not mine. Nostalgia has clouded your judgment. Action in the Ot is terrible as is a lot of the acting. Kylo surpassed Vader in terms of evil and deed. Love it. He was even a better hero in the end than Vader.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2020 05:05 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Iyo not mine. Nostalgia has clouded your judgment. Action in the Ot is terrible as is a lot of the acting. Kylo surpassed Vader in terms of evil and deed. Love it. He was even a better hero in the end than Vader.

That’s your opinion.

Take your own medicine.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2020 05:45 PM
quanchi112
Disney

That’s your opinion.

Take your own medicine.
My opinion is what the people clamor for.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2020 10:07 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote