KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Looking for Gamers

Looking for Gamers
Started by: BrolyBlack

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (36): « First ... « 21 22 [23] 24 25 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

All the Williams tables on FX3 have a new "ultra realism" engine, where the ball physics are supposed to behave a lot closer to an actual machines.

I'm nowhere near an expert, but I've played enough actual machines, and really do notice a difference. The ball feels like it has more weight to it, like its made of steel instead of a ping pong ball.

Only down side is there's a noticeable hit in performance. At least on my modest amd laptop. Still completely playable, just not as smooth as "Arcade physics", with a bit of jittering as it moves around the play field.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2020 08:10 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NemeBro
Dark Souls 2 isn't bad but a lot of the flak it gets it deserves.

Notice that half of the bosses you named are some variation of "big armoured guy with a big weapon".

There are a LOT of bosses in Dark Souls 2 that fit that archetype, and it's a little boring.

Some of the actual mechanics of the bosses are also really lazy. Dragonrider himself was already very basic, then they have you fight two of them later on in a very anticlimactic fight. Drangleic Castle deserved better. There are a lot of gank fights in DS2 that tried to recapture the glory of Ornstein and Smough (and to an extent the Bell Gargoyles) but failed to. Ruined Sentinels are a little conceptually boring but at least you can cheese them. Belfry Gargoyles are just a really obnoxious retread of a better boss fight in DS1. Throne Defender and Throne Watcher are like O and S without what made the fight balanced (a large arena with pillars to help divide the two bosses to single them out) and just puts two bosses in one flat arena who try to do their own thing and **** you up.

There are definitely some gems in Dark Souls 2 and 1 had some stinkers as well (Bed of Chaos), but 2 definitely had problems in boss design. It also didn't have nearly the level design.
Agreed, and that applies to the regular enemies too — just far too many regular humanoids. It does get boring after a while.

The Dragonrider fights are jokes, and the ganky fights are just plain annoying. Actually, Sentinels are fine for the most part, they just require a lil bit of patience. The throne room peeps are pretty lame, but I had checked out of DS2 at that point and just summoned another player so I could just get the damn game finished. The DS2 gargoyles are ridic easy compared to DS1's fight, but I quite enjoyed that battle for the sheer amount of them. As I mentioned before though: **** Elana. Mary Sue-ass ***** who can teleport, fire magic, strong physical attacks, and on top of that can summon skeletons and a literal whole 'nother boss an infinite amount of times. I never fought 'the Gank Squad' (those three knights) though, I missed them on my playthrough.

I've never really had an issue with Orn and Smo, I've beaten them more times than I've died to them (3-2 as of last playthrough). But they're just a great fight, always get super pumped going up against them. Also I enjoyed Bed of Chaos the first time through, but it's annoying on repeat playthroughs. My least favourite DS1 boss is probably the Centipede Demon. Just an annoying arena.

I'll tell you what ****ing rocks in DS2 though: the Greatsword. Getting to play what basically equated to female Guts was awesome. I miss that sword.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2020 08:42 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

NemeBro: you were right. DS3 does get hard. **** the Abyss Watchers all the way to hell.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2020 09:32 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by samhain
Fallout TV show in the works from Amazon and Bethesda, apparently the Westworld showrunners are on board.

Intriguing.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2020 09:53 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

So I started playing FighterZ.

Almost everyones tier whoring with UI Goku. Because some pro said he's top tier, so of course every ham and egger wants him too. You know what that means.

No, it doesn't I'm not buying another damned Goku to throw on the pile.

But I will take great pleasure in mastering who I like, regardless of tier, and beating the crap out of those bastards.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2020 12:07 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I always hoped they would come out with a great DBZ action game. They had some great fighting games, I remember really liking Budokai Tenkaichi and how you could fly around during the fights, destroy stuff, etc.

I thought DBZ Sagas would be the really great action game, I bought it on Gamecube when it came out. But it sucked.

I haven't kept up with DBZ games though, did they finally make a good action game?

Old Post Jul 12th, 2020 02:17 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
I always hoped they would come out with a great DBZ action game. They had some great fighting games, I remember really liking Budokai Tenkaichi and how you could fly around during the fights, destroy stuff, etc.

I thought DBZ Sagas would be the really great action game, I bought it on Gamecube when it came out. But it sucked.

I haven't kept up with DBZ games though, did they finally make a good action game?

It's like Marvel vs Capcom with DB characters.

It's awesome.

You should try Xenoverse, it's more like Tenkaichi Budokai, with the 3d gameplay.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2020 04:28 PM
NemeBro

Originally posted by Scribble
NemeBro: you were right. DS3 does get hard. **** the Abyss Watchers all the way to hell.
Do you have the DLC?

Old Post Jul 12th, 2020 08:23 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

People who complain about unrealistic flipper physics in a pinball game that never pretended to be a sim are kind of missing the point of video games.

Even car enthusiasts know better then to rant against Burnout.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2020 01:08 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Originally posted by cdtm
People who complain about unrealistic flipper physics in a pinball game that never pretended to be a sim are kind of missing the point of video games.

Even car enthusiasts know better then to rant against Burnout.

It's true, none of the serial killers I know ever complain about the realism of games like Manhunt.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Jul 14th, 2020 01:43 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I never could get into racing games, but I had this game on PS2 called Testdrive. It's the only racing game I ever really liked, mostly because it had a story that wasn't that bad.

I did play those games where the cars get weapons and you have to destroy each other, etc. I forget the name, those were pretty cool.

EDIT: Oh shit wait, one more game. San Francisco Rush for N64. Crazy game.

Last edited by Surtur on Jul 14th, 2020 at 03:43 PM

Old Post Jul 14th, 2020 03:41 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Originally posted by Surtur
I did play those games where the cars get weapons and you have to destroy each other, etc. I forget the name, those were pretty cool.

You talking about the Vigilante 8 games? The first one was awesome, but 2nd Offense was such a let down in comparison to the first.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Jul 14th, 2020 04:34 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Twisted Metal

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2020 04:54 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by samhain
It's true, none of the serial killers I know ever complain about the realism of games like Manhunt.

And incel rapists never seem to complain about their hentai appendages.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2020 05:00 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Also, I hate Hollow Knight now.

I hate it, because someday it will end. And then I'll be like a heroin addict without any way to chase that dragon.

Last edited by cdtm on Jul 14th, 2020 at 05:08 PM

Old Post Jul 14th, 2020 05:05 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

20xx free on Epic Game Store.

Now I have a Mega Man and Metroid rogue lite, between this and A Robot Named Fight.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2020 08:35 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hey, 20xx has coop!

Megaman with coop, essentially.

If anyone owns the game off Steam, or opts to get the freebie from Epic Game Store, how about a run or two?

I prefer not cloning, so I'll take whatever character you don't. thumb up

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2020 03:12 PM
ertooso
Restricted

Account Restricted

’m a fighting game junkie. Tekken 7, Street Fighter 5 (currently a Diamond ranked player), Mortal Kombat (won several local tournaments), Dragonball FighteZ, and more obscure titles like Guilty Gear and Under Night In Birth. I’m a PS4 console gamer, strictly. I’ll also dabble in enveloping RPGs: Dark Souls, as well as the entire “Soulsborne” titles being my bread and butter. Bloodborne is my true pleasure as it’s not only aesthetically pleasing, but has a complex story and gameplay. I’ve played all of the Castlevania games and as a whole, it’s my favorite series of games to date.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2020 09:13 AM
ertooso is currently offline Click here to Send ertooso a Private Message Find more posts by ertooso Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Hey, 20xx has coop!

Megaman with coop, essentially.

If anyone owns the game off Steam, or opts to get the freebie from Epic Game Store, how about a run or two?

I prefer not cloning, so I'll take whatever character you don't. thumb up

Dude, let's play together, tonight!!!!

I'll be done with my workout around 8PM CST. Will you be on, then?

Old Post Aug 6th, 2020 02:38 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

So I started playing FighterZ.

Almost everyones tier whoring with UI Goku. Because some pro said he's top tier, so of course every ham and egger wants him too. You know what that means.

No, it doesn't I'm not buying another damned Goku to throw on the pile.

But I will take great pleasure in mastering who I like, regardless of tier, and beating the crap out of those bastards.

That’s the best mindset when it comes to fighting games. Most scrubs will cling to who the top players use, but the best players make the lowest tier characters a force to be reckoned with. I main Vega in SF just to piss on people who use shotos.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2020 03:00 PM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote