KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Looking for Gamers

Looking for Gamers
Started by: BrolyBlack

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (36): « First ... « 33 34 [35] 36 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Anyone play Destiny 2 or at worst Overwatch?

This thread laughing out loud

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Over years of reporting on internet culture, I’ve heard countless versions of Mr. Cain’s story: an aimless young man — usually white, frequently interested in video games — visits YouTube looking for direction or distraction and is seduced by a community of far-right creators.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...be-radical.html

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2021 08:02 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Klaw
Sigma Male

I guess video games trigger people.

Simp list: samhain, Blakemore, snowdragon

If you want to anger a Conservative, lie to him.
If you want to anger a Liberal, tell him the truth.

KMC is a Left Wing echo chamber; just like Reddit and Twitter.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2021 08:07 PM
Klaw is currently offline Find more posts by Klaw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

video games do trigger people. they especially trigger gamers

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2021 08:08 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
video games do trigger people. they especially trigger gamers
I played space invaders. I had the high score at my youth club.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2021 08:20 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

when are they going to make virtual bocce ball

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2021 08:26 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
when are they going to make virtual bocce ball
laughing out loud true, or croquet.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2021 08:28 PM
StyleTime

Let's calm down a bit. I fear video games, yet again, are about to scapegoated over some unsubstantiated BS. Gaming as a whole leans left socially tbh.

As with any other medium, the audience is a mixed bag. The audience can be either left or right politically.

League of Legends confirmed Leona and Diana are lesbians during Pride month. Predictably, tons of people praised the reveal. Also predictably, tons of homophobes got upset because they feel like League has too many LGBT characters or something.

Last edited by StyleTime on Jul 2nd, 2021 at 08:44 PM

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2021 08:31 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by StyleTime
Let's calm down a bit. I fear video games, yet again, are about to scapegoated over some unsubstantiated BS.

As with any other medium, the audience is a mixed bag. Gaming as a whole leans left socially tbh, but the audience can be either left or right politically.

League of Legends confirmed Leona and Diana are lesbians during Pride month. Predictably, tons of people praised. Also predictably, tons of morons got upset because they feel they like League has too many lgbt characters now.
ahh, I'm just ****ing with people. Tbh, I think it's a combination of factors many identified in that article. Not any single one like video games everyone has played them at some point.

Last edited by Old Man Whirly! on Jul 2nd, 2021 at 08:35 PM

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2021 08:33 PM
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

People across the political spectrum enjoy video games.

It has nothing to do with right or left lol.

Though if we are talking about game developers then yeah, I'd say many do seem to lean left since they've been putting all kinds of woke bullshit into games over past few years.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Last edited by eThneoLgrRnae on Jul 2nd, 2021 at 08:54 PM

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2021 08:51 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Klaw
Sigma Male

Of course it doesn't, the Left has politicized everything from video games to Chicken Sandwich places.

Simp list: samhain, Blakemore, snowdragon

If you want to anger a Conservative, lie to him.
If you want to anger a Liberal, tell him the truth.

KMC is a Left Wing echo chamber; just like Reddit and Twitter.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2021 08:53 PM
Klaw is currently offline Find more posts by Klaw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, the left ruins pretty much everything they touch... smh.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2021 08:55 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

"something something the left" -your entire pathetic shtick

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2021 09:01 PM
StyleTime

ahh, I'm just ****ing with people. Tbh, I think it's a combination of factors many identified in that article. Not any single one like video games everyone has played them at some point.

thumb up I got ya. I suppose I was being overly sensitive there, I'll admit.

It's just, I have seen this sentiment before in other places. Mostly from folks who don't actually play video games though. As a gamer, it's a bit annoying to feel targeted again.

They utterly failed to prove the connection to increased violent crime on us. Then failed to pin the mass shooting problem on us. Then they said gamers were overwhelmingly male, which turned out to be bullshit, as nearly half of all gamers are female statistically. Then they said gaming wasn't LGBT inclusive enough, and I agree it could use work, but gaming is the most LGBT inclusive of all entertainment mediums.

Now it feels like they're butthurt and moving on to the next BS claim against us. And of course, they'll fail to actually prove it.

Last edited by StyleTime on Jul 2nd, 2021 at 09:22 PM

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2021 09:12 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by StyleTime
thumb up I got ya. I suppose I was being overly sensitive there, I'll admit.

It's just, I have seen this sentiment before in other places. Mostly from folks who don't actually play video games though. As a gamer, it's a bit annoying to feel targeted again.

They utterly failed to prove the connection to increased violent crime on us. Then failed to pin the mass shooting problem on us. Then they said gamers were overwhelmingly male, which turned out to be bullshit, as nearly half of all gamers are female statistically. Then they said gaming wasn't LGBT inclusive enough, and I agree it could use work, but gaming is the most LGBT inclusive of all entertainment mediums.

Now it feels like they're butthurt and moving on to the next BS claim against us. And of course, they'll fail to actually prove it.
Truth is youtube algorithms are the problem. The right manipulated them and that led to the radicalised kids we see on the Internet today. Lots of hooks exist.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2021 09:25 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Video Games get a bad rap for sure.

I mean, in Fallout 3 I just shot my military XO in the head, stole his assault rifle, and went on a rampage against army people running for their lives in their underwear. Doesn't mean I'd do that in real life. (This was also a computer simulation WITHIN the video game, ftr)

I also sold someone into slavery, told a kid his mommy doesn't love him so he ran away and got lost in the nuked out wasteland, bought the contract of another slave as a personal body guard, and nuked a town.

Pretty safe bet I'd never do most of those things. smile

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2021 09:31 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Truth is youtube algorithms are the problem. The right manipulated them and that led to the radicalised kids we see on the Internet today. Lots of hooks exist.

Definitely. thumb up

I see more polarization on Youtube than as a result of playing video games, and I say that as someone who watches a lot of Youtube. The comment section is pretty wild. I think part of the problem is that it only really recommends video similar to ones you just watched, so it's easy to get trapped in an echo chamber if you don't consciously leave it.
Originally posted by cdtm

Pretty safe bet I'd never do most of those things. smile

And the evidence supports that. thumb up

And, yet, we'll STILL probably have a politician waste money funding another study that leads nowhere. They have to pander to their more close-minded voters after all. "I'm scared and need something to blame! Video games are at fault!"

Last edited by StyleTime on Jul 2nd, 2021 at 11:31 PM

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2021 11:16 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I will say I would totally string together a 60 hit combo of mid air juggles, if physics didn't deny it.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2021 04:36 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

I played space invaders. I had the high score at my youth club.
atari didn’t have a trigger button.

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2021 04:40 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ah, Atari lol.... those were the good ol' days lol.

I still remember trying to get my little sister to play 'Combat' with me on the 2600 lol.

Asteroids, Space Invaders, Missile Command, Breakout, Duck Hunt, Frogger, and of course Pac-Man..... unforgettable classics that I spent so many hours playing every day in my early teenage years. It was an unhealthy obsession.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2021 05:41 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Blakemore
atari didn’t have a trigger button.
it had an orange button. But I meant on an arcade machine. We had both a 3 button and a table machine.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2021 05:44 PM