KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » The death of George Floyd/Chauvin guilty

The death of George Floyd/Chauvin guilty
Started by: tru-marvell

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (130): « First ... « 102 103 [104] 105 106 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Here we go again:

Atlanta police officer shoots a black man dead at a fast-food drive-thru, authorities say

Seems like he resisted and went after a cops taser.

Not saying it was or wasn't justified.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2020 08:05 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

SMH

Not again...

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2020 08:18 PM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
Here is something everyone should read. A few days ago the media covered the testimony of George Floyd's brother. There was another testimony that day given by Heather Mac Donald that didn't get nearly as much coverage. Here is the entire thing to read:

Repudiate the Anti-Police Narrative

You can see why it barely got any coverage. The data is inconvenient and it destroys the "there is systemic racism among our nations police" narrative.

There is ALOT of information in that article, the other thing that needs to be noted is that policing is done on a local level, generally like your comical meme depicts whoever controls the local politics sets the tone far more then the federal lvl.

Places suffering the most are democratic bastions, run by democrats and alot of times by black democrats.......that isn't an excuse but how do we explain ourselves out of those situations?

Also my thing is generally poorly educated poverty stricken areas are hit the hardest, white , black, hispanic but there is alot to take away from that.......(doh here goes my vice plug again.) Vice news did some pieces on poor appalachian areas and it wasn't pretty to say the least. Corn pone culture isn't any better then gangsta culture that's for sure.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2020 08:41 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by snowdragon
There is ALOT of information in that article, the other thing that needs to be noted is that policing is done on a local level, generally like your comical meme depicts whoever controls the local politics sets the tone far more then the federal lvl.

Places suffering the most are democratic bastions, run by democrats and alot of times by black democrats.......that isn't an excuse but how do we explain ourselves out of those situations?

Also my thing is generally poorly educated poverty stricken areas are hit the hardest, white , black, hispanic but there is alot to take away from that.......(doh here goes my vice plug again.) Vice news did some pieces on poor appalachian areas and it wasn't pretty to say the least. Corn pone culture isn't any better then gangsta culture that's for sure.

Yeah, it's a really good testimony and it deserved more attention from the media than it got.

Yeah it's not necessarily an excuse, but we know what would be said if the places suffering the most were republican run. I was watching a Jimmy Dore video the other day and he said 64 of the top 100 biggest cities in the country are democrat run.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2020 09:14 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Eon Blue
SMH

Not again...

This just happened last night so we're gonna be finding out more info as the hours/days pass. For now I saw this from the local news in Atlanta:

GBI Director says man shot by Atlanta police was fleeing, then pointed Taser at officers

Old Post Jun 13th, 2020 09:17 PM
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

It’s too early to tell the exact nature of what took place, but it seemed he resisted the police when they were initially just doing their job. It’s undeniably a shame that it had to lead to a death, however.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2020 10:18 PM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

you can trust the official story. when have they ever lied?

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2020 10:19 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by Bashar Teg

They lied about Russiagate and you believed them, what's changed?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2020 10:20 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm just showing what is being said, but I don't necessarily trust it. More details will come out.

Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bashar truly has no legs to stand on.

snowdragon

One of the reasons why police (law enforcement) should be forced to have a camera rolling when they are on duty, imo. By camera I mean one attached to their uniform, not just car.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2020 10:26 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

One of the reasons why police (law enforcement) should be forced to have a camera rolling when they are on duty, imo. By camera I mean one attached to their uniform, not just car.

Not only that, but they need to have no way of turning the camera off. Make it so it can only be disabled remotely.

And these cameras are there to help cops as much as they are to hold them accountable. People have lied about what cops did to them only to be proven wrong via the body cams, so the good cops benefit from these cameras. Not only in situations where people lie about them, but in situations where they use deadly force and it is warranted. Cuz these days not everyone will give a cop the benefit of the doubt without footage.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2020 10:28 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

fully agreed. thumb up

no more "oops my body cam just happened to switch itself off" excuses

Originally posted by Silent Master
They lied about Russiagate and you believed them, what's changed?
Originally posted by Eon Blue
Bashar truly has no legs to stand on.

^voltron, coping

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2020 10:30 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Why are you so upset that I made a valid point?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2020 10:30 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why are you so upset that I made a valid point?

He’s always upset and frothing at the mouth. The guy has issues.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2020 10:33 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

^voltron, coping

Old Post Jun 13th, 2020 10:35 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

fully agreed. thumb up

no more "oops my body cam just happened to switch itself off" excuses

^voltron, coping
reeeeeeeeee

Old Post Jun 13th, 2020 10:43 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Yea, he is being rather emotional.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2020 10:44 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yea, he is being rather emotional.

I was wondering what happened in the last 24-36 hours to set him off. Then I remembered he's bisexual and:

President Trump triggers liberal meltdown by rolling back Obama-era LGBT protection

Old Post Jun 13th, 2020 10:46 PM
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
I was wondering what happened in the last 24-36 hours to set him off. Then I remembered he's bisexual and:

President Trump triggers liberal meltdown by rolling back Obama-era LGBT protection

It hit him hard which is understandable. Go easy on the guy.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2020 10:47 PM