KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Godzilla vs Kong

Godzilla vs Kong
Started by: xPRIMEx

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (27): « First ... « 23 24 [25] 26 27 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ares834

lmao

This isn't a ****ing boxing match. I've no clue why people are unironically trying to break this up into rounds.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2021 02:27 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
I'm pretty sure when two fighters are taking a break mid-fight, that's a round over when they fell. Kong got up roaming the city figuring out what his next strategy is while Godzilla asked for the license plate of what hit him.
I don't think that is how it works at all.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Apr 5th, 2021 02:32 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Neither do I've any clue why that bugs you. Whether you count it as 2-3 rounds total, Godzilla still won overall because, well, no crap.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2021 02:33 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by ares834
lmao

This isn't a ****ing boxing match. I've no clue why people are unironically trying to break this up into rounds.
I'm assuming so they can say Kong "won" a fight.

Kong hit Godzilla with a haymaker that rocked him. It was supposed to show that Kong could contend under the circumstances with strategy/tactics/tools.

Godzilla was shown to be the more brute powerful of the two though.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Apr 5th, 2021 02:34 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Neither do I've any clue why that bugs you. Whether you count it as 2-3 rounds total, Godzilla still won overall because, well, no crap.
I think it's because of the argument that springing forth from people trying to break into three distinct fights.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Apr 5th, 2021 02:35 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Kazenji
No more stupid then what we got from Toho's Godzilla movies, But i keep forgetting most folks on here don't watch foreign movies.

"It's King Caesar!"

Random monster god fights Mechagodzilla. For some reason. laughing out loud

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2021 02:36 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlbertoJohnAvil
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Newjak
I'm honestly curious on what advantages you think Kong in a Jungle would have gotten that he wouldn't have gotten in the City?

There were really two fights.

The one out at sea.

The city one. Kong got a massive hit in with the axe that knocked them both down. Kong got first but Godzilla wasn't really that far behind in getting up. It would be like saying with two people pushed each other down and one person got up a little faster that is them winning the 'round'

I'm not sure why we're talking about the city fight like it was two distinct rounds with a bell or something. It was one fight.

Like I said, its a city environment A.) The setting is compact so Kongs movement was restricted not to mention this was Kongs first time ever seeing a city... B.) offensively speaking Kong had nothing to use to his advantage. Kong would had done serious damage to Zilla if he were winging them tree trunks at Zilla.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2021 02:39 PM
AlbertoJohnAvil is currently offline Click here to Send AlbertoJohnAvil a Private Message Find more posts by AlbertoJohnAvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
Like I said, its a city environment A.) The setting is compact so Kongs movement was restricted not to mention this was Kongs first time ever seeing a city... B.) offensively speaking Kong had nothing to use to his advantage. Kong would had done serious damage to Zilla if he were winging them tree trunks at Zilla.
How does a Jungle give him more movement than what he had in the city?

Also are you arguing that Kong hitting Godzilla with tree is going to hurt Godzilla more than hitting him with metal cranes and buildings?

The one thing I would agree on was that Kong could be at a slight disadvantage because he had never seen a city like that before. That being said Kong seemed to be using the environment to his advantage pretty easily so I don't think it was that much of a disadvantage at all.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Apr 5th, 2021 02:42 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

In fact I would argue that the city was actually more of an advantage to Kong than it was Godzilla.

Kong used the city to hide, get the drop on, and even block Godzilla's attack.

In fact I would say Godzilla got no advantage from fighting in the city compared to Kong. Other than maybe using it to Kong into a few times but Kong was doing the same thing so not really an advantage to Godzilla.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Apr 5th, 2021 02:46 PM
xPRIMEx

Agreed. Kong definitely had the environmental advantage in the city.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2021 02:49 PM
xPRIMEx is currently offline Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Using the environment really annoyed Godzilla to where he'd smile finally nailing him with the fire breath. A lot say that looked stupid but I thought that was funny.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2021 03:00 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by Kazenji
No more stupid then what we got from Toho's Godzilla movies, But i keep forgetting most folks on here don't watch foreign movies.

Not all of them were stupid. The first Godzilla was serious as ****. final being my favorite was also pretty serious with a little laughter here and there.

Also, this monsters was serious from the beginning, it was meant to do away with all the silliness, yet GvK failed in that regard.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2021 03:02 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlbertoJohnAvil
Restricted

Account Restricted

How does a Jungle give him more movement than what he had in the city?

Also are you arguing that Kong hitting Godzilla with tree is going to hurt Godzilla more than hitting him with metal cranes and buildings?

The one thing I would agree on was that Kong could be at a slight disadvantage because he had never seen a city like that before. That being said Kong seemed to be using the environment to his advantage pretty easily so I don't think it was that much of a disadvantage at all.

In fact I would argue that the city was actually more of an advantage to Kong than it was Godzilla.

Kong used the city to hide, get the drop on, and even block Godzilla's attack.

In fact I would say Godzilla got no advantage from fighting in the city compared to Kong. Other than maybe using it to Kong into a few times but Kong was doing the same thing so not really an advantage to Godzilla.

how? Kong couldn't move at all,.. THIS was shown while zilla was basting at him. Kong couldn't move fast enough he kept running into buildings.

IN A jungle setting trees are More readily available then cranes...

The city fight is seen as two fights because they made a specific point in the movie to actually say round two goes to Kong. The movie is the one that made that distinction. And I honestly see why. In what's considered the "second round", Godzilla kept trying to use his atomic breath and Kong kept stopping him. He was throwing Godzilla, stuffed the axe down his throat, and dropped kicked him into a building. Kong really did get the better of Godzilla there.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2021 03:04 PM
AlbertoJohnAvil is currently offline Click here to Send AlbertoJohnAvil a Private Message Find more posts by AlbertoJohnAvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emporerpants

Godzilla clearly won...and it was obvious it would have been even more one sided had they fought on even grounds. The city was an advantage to Kong: He clearly used it to help him dodge and hide. The axe was a plot device to help kong stand a chance: and he still got stomped once Godzilla finally got his claws on kong.

I mean, kong would have died had it not been for the humans jump starting his heart. Godzilla literally would have beaten him to death where it not for the humans...

Old Post Apr 5th, 2021 03:12 PM
emporerpants is currently offline Click here to Send emporerpants a Private Message Find more posts by emporerpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

how? Kong couldn't move at all,.. THIS was shown while zilla was basting at him. Kong couldn't move fast enough he kept running into buildings.

The city fight is seen as two fights because they made a specific point in the movie to actually say round two goes to Kong. The movie is the one that made that distinction. And I honestly see why. In what's considered the "second round", Godzilla kept trying to use his atomic breath and Kong kept stopping him. He was throwing Godzilla, stuffed the axe down his throat, and dropped kicked him into a building. Kong really did get the better of Godzilla there.

Yeah, Kong did all that and still didn’t even manage to hurt Godzilla in any significant way laughing out loud

Once he stopped playing around Godzilla completely wrecked Kong.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2021 03:15 PM
xPRIMEx is currently offline Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlbertoJohnAvil
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by emporerpants
Godzilla clearly won...and it was obvious it would have been even more one sided had they fought on even grounds. The city was an advantage to Kong: He clearly used it to help him dodge and hide. The axe was a plot device to help kong stand a chance: and he still got stomped once Godzilla finally got his claws on kong.

I mean, kong would have died had it not been for the humans jump starting his heart. Godzilla literally would have beaten him to death where it not for the humans...

Originally posted by xPRIMEx
Yeah, Kong did all that and still didn’t even manage to hurt Godzilla in any significant way laughing out loud

Once he stopped playing around Godzilla completely wrecked Kong.

And I absolutely disagree tbh because I think putting kong OUT of his element was a disadvantage but I'll digress cuz without Kong Zilla would have fallen..

Old Post Apr 5th, 2021 03:35 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

You mean the buildings he was climbing, jumping off, and using to block some of Godzilla's attacks?

You believe that environment put Kong at a disadvantage versus trees? How would trees big enough to support him not basically be the same as the buildings? How would protect him any better from Godzilla's breath weapon?

And how did they give Godzilla an advantage?

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Apr 5th, 2021 03:43 PM
tkitna

Yeah, the whole environment argument is a reach.

By Stoic

Old Post Apr 5th, 2021 04:33 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

That one guy is really mad Kong got bodied by Godzilla huh?

Old Post Apr 5th, 2021 04:54 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Nah, it's Alberto.

Just a troll with a boring and uninspired act of making ridiculous claims, refusing to acknowledge proof etc rinse and repeat. It gets dull quite fast.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Apr 5th, 2021 05:03 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote