KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » !!!The Official Dragon Ball vs. Comics Thread!!!

!!!The Official Dragon Ball vs. Comics Thread!!!
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (281): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The Official Dragon Ball vs. Comics Thread!!!

So I recently talked this over with Bada and Pr, and we're all in agreement to allow this on sort of a trial basis...

The intent of this thread is to act as a compendium of sorts where any and all discussions pertaining to "Dragon Ball vs. Comics" are allowed.

-Can comic character 'x' replicate this showing from DB character 'x'..? - Perfectly fine.
-Who is the weakest comic character who can tank 'x' blast from DB..? - No problem.
-Comic character 'x' vs. DB character 'x'..? - Go for it.

Any DB/comics debates are fine as long as you heathens keep it civil(seriously, NO trolling/bashing/flaming/etc. will be tolerated), and there is not to be any bleed-over into other threads in the CBF whatsoever. ALL cross-genre talk needs to stay in this one thread.

If the above "rules" aren't followed, this thread will be closed and DB discussions will be blacklisted again. No exceptions.

So with all of that being said... Your move!

(please log in to view the image)

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Sep 8th, 2020 12:10 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

IMO, After Frieza saga, the adult Saiyans are all above top tier. I'd rank Super Perfect Cell as skyfather level.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2020 12:14 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Also pinning the thread should be done.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2020 12:15 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordGod
The One

Oh wow this is awesome!

I think we should start by trying to figure out where the characters from each saga would compare to comic character.

Like would the more powerful DB heroes from the Saiyan saga be in the herald tier? What about the heroes after the Saiyan saga? etc.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2020 12:18 PM
LordGod is currently offline Click here to Send LordGod a Private Message Find more posts by LordGod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Ok I'll start.

Who is the weakest person who can dodge saiyans saga piccolo's special beam cannon from point blank range?

It went to the moon in roughly a couple of seconds which makes it around lightspeed or at least highly relativistic.

(And yes the dragon ball moon is confirmed to be just as far away as the actual moon)

Old Post Sep 8th, 2020 12:19 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeadpoolXXX

great thread idea! surprised you guys are finally allowing this. stick out tongue

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Ok I'll start.

Who is the weakest person who can dodge saiyans saga piccolo's special beam cannon from point blank range?

It went to the moon in roughly a couple of seconds which makes it around lightspeed or at least highly relativistic.

(And yes the dragon ball moon is confirmed to be just as far away as the actual moon)
it would have to be a higher end speedster imho. like you said, piccolo's blast was moving around light speed for sure

Old Post Sep 8th, 2020 12:21 PM
DeadpoolXXX is currently offline Click here to Send DeadpoolXXX a Private Message Find more posts by DeadpoolXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Actually I think I'm remembering wrong. It wasnt the special beam cannon but an ordinary one handed blast.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2020 12:28 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by abhilegend
I'd rank Super Perfect Cell as skyfather level.
Reasons?

Originally posted by LordGod
Oh wow this is awesome!

I think we should start by trying to figure out where the characters from each saga would compare to comic character.

Like would the more powerful DB heroes from the Saiyan saga be in the herald tier? What about the heroes after the Saiyan saga? etc.
I think you could make a pretty convincing argument for the notable characters from the Saiyan saga(ie. Goku, Vegeta, Nappa, and Piccolo) to be in the herald tier.

Actually I think I'm remembering wrong. It wasnt the special beam cannon but an ordinary one handed blast.
Yep.

*Pretty sure it was the same in the anime.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Sep 8th, 2020 12:37 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

I'm sure Piccolo beam canon is faster than that attack?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Sep 8th, 2020 12:41 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Also, an argument can be made that the more powerful a character gets, the faster their attacks are.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2020 12:42 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

I'm sure it is too. I was just correcting myself. The question still stands who is the weakest/slowest who can dodge that from point blank?

Old Post Sep 8th, 2020 12:42 PM
DeadpoolXXX

Originally posted by carver9
Also, an argument can be made that the more powerful a character gets, the faster their attacks are.
Has to work that way.

there's no way i'd believe that a blast from SSJ3 goku "only" moves as fast as a blast from saiyan saga goku. seems like when a character in db gets more powerful, EVERYTHING they do is scaled up.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2020 12:45 PM
DeadpoolXXX is currently offline Click here to Send DeadpoolXXX a Private Message Find more posts by DeadpoolXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by abhilegend
IMO, After Frieza saga, the adult Saiyans are all above top tier. I'd rank Super Perfect Cell as skyfather level.

I personally wouldn't put Cell at Skyfather levels but he is 100% high trans. Thanos imo is the epitome of high trans and Cell would completely annihilate him with ease if they fought. Complete ease. The only argument would be attacking Cell mind. Outside of that, its a massacre.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2020 12:48 PM
DeadpoolXXX

I'm sure it is too. I was just correcting myself. The question still stands who is the weakest/slowest who can dodge that from point blank?
i honestly think it would take flash tier speed.

in the page galan posted, it looks like the beam piccolo uses hits the moon pretty much instantly.....in the same freaking panel where he fires it.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2020 12:48 PM
DeadpoolXXX

Originally posted by carver9
I personally wouldn't put Cell at Skyfather levels but he is 100% high trans. Thanos imo is the epitome of high trans and Cell would completely annihilate him with ease if they fought. Complete ease. The only argument would be attacking Cell mind. Outside of that, its a massacre.
cell has the power output of a skyfather but lacks the versatility imo.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2020 12:49 PM
carver9

Originally posted by DeadpoolXXX
cell has the power output of a skyfather but lacks the versatility imo.

Agreed

Old Post Sep 8th, 2020 12:51 PM
AlbertoJohnAvil
Restricted

Account Restricted

Would this method work (Vegeta's new ability) work on, say, Rebirth Superman, being that his body absorbs sunlight and or being a culmination of other versions of himself?

Old Post Sep 8th, 2020 12:54 PM
AlbertoJohnAvil is currently offline Click here to Send AlbertoJohnAvil a Private Message Find more posts by AlbertoJohnAvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Would Thanos tank Vegeta's final flash against Cell?

Old Post Sep 8th, 2020 01:04 PM
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Let's try to scale it up from the beginning and move on to later.

We need to start from a baseline.

For example.

Let's star with:

a). Master Roshi blowing up the moon with effort:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

b). Piccolo blowing up the moon with a casual KI blast:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Weakest character/tier that can do it? Mid-herald?

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Sep 8th, 2020 01:05 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Galan007
Reasons?

I think you could make a pretty convincing argument for the notable characters from the Saiyan saga(ie. Goku, Vegeta, Nappa, and Piccolo) to be in the herald tier.

Yep.

*Pretty sure it was the same in the anime.

Perfect Cell casually no sold SS1 Vegeta putting all his energy in a kick and casually beat down Trunks who had surpassed Vegeta by considerable amount. I don't think anyone below skyfather can tank such an attack.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2020 01:09 PM