KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dead at 87

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dead at 87
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dead at 87

Old Post Sep 18th, 2020 11:40 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

RIP

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Sep 18th, 2020 11:43 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

I knew she was sick, but I didn't know she was that sick.

RIP.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2020 11:44 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wxyz
Restricted

Account Restricted

RIP.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2020 11:45 PM
wxyz is currently offline Click here to Send wxyz a Private Message Find more posts by wxyz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

RIP.

Shit show incoming.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2020 11:51 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JohnnyRotton
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well shit.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2020 11:53 PM
JohnnyRotton is currently offline Click here to Send JohnnyRotton a Private Message Find more posts by JohnnyRotton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JohnnyRotton
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
RIP.

Shit show incoming.

Yeah.

JohnnyRotton is currently offline Click here to Send JohnnyRotton a Private Message Find more posts by JohnnyRotton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I honestly thought she'd live long enough to safely retire and then die peacefully 3-5 years later after enjoying some rest.

Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JohnnyRotton
Restricted

Account Restricted

Does this mean they were essentially propping up a corpse this entire time?

Old Post Sep 18th, 2020 11:54 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

She was a good justice.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2020 11:55 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BackFire
RIP.

Shit show incoming.

Maybe normally, but I feel like with covid they could try to stall

Old Post Sep 18th, 2020 11:56 PM
JohnnyRotton
Restricted

Account Restricted

Like you said, we would have expected her to retire before she died. This whole year and last was like a weekend at bernies. There is going to be absolute chaos in the streets now.

Expect pussy hat marches.

Anyway, RIP and respect to her.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2020 11:59 PM
BackFire

Originally posted by Surtur
Maybe normally, but I feel like with covid they could try to stall

It’s up to the republicans in the senate. Dems can’t really do anything to stall as far as I know. They’re going to refill the seat ASAP in case they lose the senate.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 12:00 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JohnnyRotton
Restricted

Account Restricted

They kinda have to.

There's no way they could wait till after the election, because it will just drive dem turnout if there's a vacancy.

On the other hand, Trump should really chose center incase he drives up turnout himself with a right wing pick.

Last edited by JohnnyRotton on Sep 19th, 2020 at 12:14 AM

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 12:04 AM
BackFire

I think it’s possible some of the vulnerable republicans in the senate vote no in hopes of not galvanizing voters against them. But I’m not holding out hope. Also I don’t see Trump picking someone in the center because it would piss off his evangelical base.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 12:08 AM
JohnnyRotton
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's a lose lose situation for him tbh.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 12:09 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Tho to he fair if he does get another Republican in the supreme court...I guarantee the repubs in power will go with it

Why do you think they cuck for trump? It's not cuz they support him.

But he distracts. Republicans put a hilarious amount of judges in while folk cried over tweets

That is the real power and they know it

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 12:12 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Okay I ask any response to the above post be made in the trump thread. I'd delete it if I could. Shouldn't have said it in a ruth thread

Let's keep the focus on her okay

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 12:15 AM
BackFire

One of her last wishes was to not be replaced before a new president was selected.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 12:25 AM
snowdragon

Ruth certainly was a leader and an exceptional person in her arena.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2020 12:26 AM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote