KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » CW Superman vs MCU Thor

CW Superman vs MCU Thor
Started by: playa1258

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
CW Supes is freaking awesome

I think Hoechlin has been doing a great job in the role so far. He manages to get both the more awkward Clark Kent persona and the more heroic Superman persona right IMO. Just shows you how wasted he was on shows like Supergirl.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2021 04:35 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by FrothByte
Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I've was a big fan of pulling CW characters into these matches back when I used to watch CW. Was just trying to provide clarity.

Yeah, no worries. My criticism wasn't directed at you. And most of the CW shows have gone to shit. I still enjoy Legends of Tomorrow for its goofiness (and Constantine), but the only ones really worth it still are Stargirl (which was pretty good despite IMO having a somewhat weak finale) and the new Superman show, which has been off to a strong start.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2021 04:39 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by Impediment
I don’t have to change anything.

It’s there as clear as crystal.

They’ve appeared in both film and tv. I only literally typed that it’s allowed. Same powers, different interpretations.

Don’t like it? Exit the thread. Simple. Don’t participate.

Ok, if those are the new rules, they're the new rules.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2021 04:48 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

His head is weirdly small when you see how buff he is.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2021 04:48 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Calm down sm.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Mar 13th, 2021 06:32 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

??

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2021 06:40 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Here's a respect thread for CW Superman as well. Unfortunately, a lot of the feats don't look as visually spectacular due to the other CW shows having less than half the budget that his own show does. Also, it doesn't have all of his feats, but it has most:

https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthr...cws_arrowverse/

And here is him vs Routh Superman. Again, VFX not that good due to lower budget at the time. Though a thing to note is that while Hoechlin Supes was losing, as mentioned in my initial post, Routh Superman was bloodlusted while Hoechlin Superman had just returned from months of living under a red sun and was trying to reason with Routh:

Anyway, this plus what I posted earlier should be enough for people who haven't watched the shows to be able to make an informed decision on who wins.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2021 06:57 AM
Darth Thor

^ I didnt mind Routh Superman winning that one. Especially given at the time CW Supergirl > CW Superman. So at least one version of Superman could possibly take the top spot on that show.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2021 01:08 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Anyway would like to take part but Superman and Lois not available for me yet. Probably wont be for a few months.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2021 01:15 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ I didnt mind Routh Superman winning that one. Especially given at the time CW Supergirl > CW Superman. So at least one version of Superman could possibly take the top spot on that show.

I think Routh Superman should be > Kara. Because even though she did beat Hoechlin Superman when they fought, it took everything she had to do so. I mean she literally collapsed from exhaustion right after KO'ing Clark. They basically made it as even as they could and still have her come out on top. Her winning was still weird though, because later in that same episode Clark was showing her new moves that he didn't use while they were fighting IIRC. But then Supergirl writers were never going to have her lose to Clark on her own show. Though I will say Supergirl has actually accumulated a bunch of pretty impressive feats over the course of her show and the crossovers events. If we ignore the PIS low-end showings, she's actually extremely strong, fast, durable and an overall powerhouse.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2021 01:17 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Anyway would like to take part but Superman and Lois not available for me yet. Probably wont be for a few months.

Well, if you're okay with some spoilers for the first three episodes, I posted some stuff from the show on an earlier page. The action looks WAY better than it did before, as Superman's solo show has a much higher budget than any of the previous CW superhero projects and it makes a huge difference.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2021 01:20 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I mean when Clark doesn't have to worry about collateral damage and holding back, he's literally strong enough to punch a guy into the clouds.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2021 01:23 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I think Routh Superman should be > Kara. Because even though she did beat Hoechlin Superman when they fought, it took everything she had to do so. I mean she literally collapsed from exhaustion right after KO'ing Clark. They basically made it as even as they could and still have her come out on top. Her winning was still weird though, because later in that same episode Clark was showing her new moves that he didn't use while they were fighting IIRC. But then Supergirl writers were never going to have her lose to Clark on her own show. Though I will say Supergirl has actually accumulated a bunch of pretty impressive feats over the course of her show and the crossovers events. If we ignore the PIS low-end showings, she's actually extremely strong, fast, durable and an overall powerhouse.

Wasnt just that fight though. Was in the last crossover when they were both using their heat vision and Clarks gave up first.

Shes got good feats. But Superman should be no. 1. Making her lose to him wouldnt have taken anything away from her, but certainly does take away from Superman.

Well, if you're okay with some spoilers for the first three episodes, I posted some stuff from the show on an earlier page. The action looks WAY better than it did before, as Superman's solo show has a much higher budget than any of the previous CW superhero projects and it makes a huge difference.

Yeah ive been reading some stuff, and it sounds like its pretty good.

Ive heard its more like an HBO production than a CW one.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2021 04:30 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Wasnt just that fight though. Was in the last crossover when they were both using their heat vision and Clarks gave up first.

Shes got good feats. But Superman should be no. 1. Making her lose to him wouldnt have taken anything away from her, but certainly does take away from Superman.

Well, as I mentioned previously, Clark had spent eight months living under the influence of a red star while out of action before that crossover happened. So, one could argue that he wasn't quite back to full power at that point.

But yeah, logically speaking, he should be more powerful than Kara. But as we've established, the writers of Supergirl would never let that happen.

Yeah ive been reading some stuff, and it sounds like its pretty good.

Ive heard its more like an HBO production than a CW one.

Well, HBO is streaming a bunch of the CW shows now and might even help finance more of their original content in the future. I actually did a bit of research and if the 3x more than Supergirl estimate is correct, then this show has a budget of around $8-9 million per episode, which isn't a lot less than shows like GoT's final season and The Witcher S1 had. Plus they are apparently using the same VFX team who in fact does also work on The Witcher and is working on some of the Disney Plus MCU stuff as well.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2021 04:57 PM
Darth Thor

Good observation about the Red Sun.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2021 05:51 PM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

If Clark had been red sunning for nearly a year, while Kara was on Earth that entire time, then he would basically be at 0% and slowly working his way up, while she started off at 100%. It would take at least a while for him to get back to his full might, which I'm sure was well after their fight. Also you have to take into account Clark is usually the one to hold back, especially against people he cares about, like his cousin who he loves dearly and is his only lifeline to his family and entire race.

So yeah, Supergirl wasn't allowed to lose that fight. Clark had too many things against him on top of it being her own show.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2021 05:56 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ He was brainwashed when they fought to believe she was Zod.

That said if true to the character Superman would even slightly hold back against Zod. Hes just trained himself not to go all out.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2021 07:29 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Based on in-universe info and dialogue, he has like a 14-year (or something along those lines) head start on Kara in terms of gaining his powers and becoming a superhero and has successfully battled that continuity's versions of Zod and Doomsday (based on his one conversation with Lois).

So, as already mentioned, he really should be able to handle his cousin, even holding back a bit. They actually showcase this element of his character in the new show. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: He initially appears to struggle a bit against Luthor in their first fight. But once he knows the limits of what Luthor's powered suit can withstand, he kicks it up during the second and third encounters and wins both fights handily. And in the third episode as well, he initially appears to pull his punches somewhat when fighting the massive enhanced guy who attacked Lois, but once he knows that the guy is super tough and can take some hits and dish some out in return, he kicks it up a notch and whoops his ass. So, Clark seems to hold back until he's sure that whoever he's fighting can withstand his hits without being killed.

IOW, Zack Snyder probably hates the show. stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 13th, 2021 08:00 PM
Darth Thor

Is it confirmed this is the same Superman from the Supergirl show ?

Old Post Mar 13th, 2021 08:24 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I think Hoechlin has been doing a great job in the role so far. He manages to get both the more awkward Clark Kent persona and the more heroic Superman persona right IMO. Just shows you how wasted he was on shows like Supergirl.

ICAM

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 13th, 2021 08:40 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote