KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » CW Superman vs MCU Thor

CW Superman vs MCU Thor
Started by: playa1258

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Is it confirmed this is the same Superman from the Supergirl show ?

While the show does exist in the same multiverse (like virtually all DC TV/movie properties do at this point), I haven't seen anything confirming that this Superman is actually the one from the previous shows. I personally view them as somewhat separate, as there are a couple of background/history differences between the two. They could potentially be the same character and it might be the case that the events of Crisis just changed a lot of stuff, or alternatively it's a soft reboot of the same Superman. But for the purposes of this thread, the OP said he gets feats from all his appearances, so it doesn't really matter in this specific instance.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2021 03:23 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Yeah I get the OP. Was just confirming as I heard theres no real connection aside from being the same actors playing Superman and Lois.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2021 09:41 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

For what it’s worth, this article...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/screen...red-reason/amp/

... puts Supes on the same earth as the other Arrowverse characters.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2021 09:45 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Even if it is, would be set in the future right, given his kids are teenagers in this ?

Old Post Mar 14th, 2021 01:46 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^ Even if it is, would be set in the future right, given his kids are teenagers in this ?

Not necessarily.

The Crisis could easily have just rewritten Supes’ history; it rewrote history on a massive scale when it merged the earths.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2021 04:18 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Well, before the new show, he and Lois only had one kid who was still a baby. Also, the way he proposed to Lois was changed from how it was depicted previously. But yeah, as already mentioned, it could be a case that the Crisis event rewrote a chunk of his history.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2021 04:33 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Ah I see. Its essentially a new reality post Crisis.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2021 08:09 PM
riv6672

^^^basically, yeah.
On Supergirl all sorts of things became canon after The Crisis that took her by surprise, most notably Lex Luthor being seen as a good guy, and she had a history of working w. him.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2021 11:40 PM
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

SM has fled.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2021 05:12 AM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

What are you crying about now?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2021 05:45 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Aww are you crying because your precious MCU Thor could lose?

It's ok little one.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2021 06:10 AM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

You're the one having a meltdown.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2021 06:12 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

It's ok munchkin maybe next time.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2021 06:23 AM
Silent Master

Next time you won't have a meltdown?

Old Post Mar 15th, 2021 06:37 AM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by riv6672
^^^basically, yeah.
On Supergirl all sorts of things became canon after The Crisis that took her by surprise, most notably Lex Luthor being seen as a good guy, and she had a history of working w. him.

Yeah but I take it that unlike Supergirl with all her surprises post crisis, that Supermans not surprised to find his twin boys are teenagers ? And that he knows them as if he always did ?

Old Post Mar 15th, 2021 09:57 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Yeah but I take it that unlike Supergirl with all her surprises post crisis, that Supermans not surprised to find his twin boys are teenagers ? And that he knows them as if he always did ?

Yeah, but that can be explained by the fact that Superman actually got erased and reborn into the new multiverse whereas Supergirl was one of the Paragons and came from the previous multiverse into the new one.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2021 12:59 PM
riv6672

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Yeah, but that can be explained by the fact that Superman actually got erased and reborn into the new multiverse whereas Supergirl was one of the Paragons and came from the previous multiverse into the new one.

Thanks, I was going to say the same thing, regarding the Paragons.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2021 01:28 PM
Darth Thor

Well cool then. Hopefully in the new reality Superman is the no.1 hero again, given this is the CWs biggest show now, and Supergirl is on its final season.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2021 12:26 AM
9jaboy

I may be misremembering but he was surprised to hear Lois mention his boys after the crisis. (COIE part 5)

Old Post Mar 17th, 2021 01:19 PM
9jaboy is currently offline Click here to Send 9jaboy a Private Message Find more posts by 9jaboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
9jaboy

Wasnt just that fight though. Was in the last crossover when they were both using their heat vision and Clarks gave up first.

Shes got good feats. But Superman should be no. 1. Making her lose to him wouldnt have taken anything away from her, but certainly does take away from Superman.

I hate how they treated Superman like some B-list hero in that show... And Hoechlin Superman was just there smiling like some kid. They messed Superman up there. Superman should be able to beat the crap outta Supergirl instead they made him comment on how Supergirl is superior.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2021 01:55 PM
9jaboy is currently offline Click here to Send 9jaboy a Private Message Find more posts by 9jaboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote