KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Remake

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Remake
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
But that's not the case. You don't need force lightning to beat the game...

I mean in general...not specifically force lightening and KOTOR. I should of been more clear.

I have seen this in other games as well. Evil Within 2 allows to upgrade in both combat or stealth...but there is one section of the game where you get bombarded by enemy types and you need to kill them and if you spent all your points in stealth, you might actually be ****ed.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2021 06:34 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

The only game I can confirm did this and to an extreme was Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Your boss fights were basically unbeatable if you didn't have points in combat and were trying a stealth or charisma build. It was so bad when they remade the game, they tweaked the difficulty and added stuff like hackable turrets so you could still win without having to stack your deck with a warrior build.

Malak was fairly difficult as any endgame boss should be, and he whooped my ass once or twice when I started, but after I figured out how he played he wasn't impossible. Especially since I'd leveled up so much by doing every sidequest, grinding, etc...

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2021 08:51 PM
KingD19 is online now! Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

I guess I ****ed suck at KOTOR, I've beaten the game at least 5 separate times in various stages through-out my life, on PC and OG Xbox, always had an immensely tough time with him.

In fact if I tried to engage with him in saber combat for more then a few turns he always killed me. I have never beaten him fairly (on any difficulty.)

However, on the flip side, KOTOR II's final boss was easy as all hell. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Nihilus was easy, Sion was easy, Traya was easy.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2021 01:06 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

KOTOR 2 was missing like 20, maybe more hours of content, several worlds and dozens of missions and storylines because EA only gave Obsidian like 9 months so they could have a Christmas release. So I think the final boss fight we got wasn't the true grueling ordeal we were supposed to get.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2021 01:31 PM
KingD19 is online now! Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by KingD19
KOTOR 2 was missing like 20, maybe more hours of content, several worlds and dozens of missions and storylines because EA only gave Obsidian like 9 months so they could have a Christmas release. So I think the final boss fight we got wasn't the true grueling ordeal we were supposed to get.
Huh?

It wasn't missing nearly THAT much content but it was missing quite a bit. KOTOR II cut content mod is a must. I know it doesn't restore everything, but it restores most things.

If they decide to re-release/remaster the games, they better get ahold of that cut content.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2021 08:57 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Also, for those wanting a huge mod for KOTOR 1, there is "Brotherhood of Shadows: Solomon's Revenge".

By far one of the coolest mods in gaming history, imo:

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2021 09:00 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Some builds are probably easier than others to win with. I had no problem beating him, but my build was a light side jedi guardian with maxed out force speed and flurry, so in close combat he just got shredded.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Apr 27th, 2021 10:52 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Star Wars - Knights of the Old Republic REMAKE

COMPLETE REMAKE,

as said by the dev himself:

The CGI trailer:

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 9th, 2021 10:41 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Old Post Sep 9th, 2021 10:54 PM
ares834

Hell yeah.

No gameplay suggests it's awhile out. Still hype as ****.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2021 12:31 AM
ares834 is online now! Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It's a timed exclusive for PS5.
EDIT: My mistake, also coming to PC.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2021 11:38 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Originally posted by Smasandian
It's a timed exclusive for PS5.
EDIT: My mistake, also coming to PC.

Yeah, the devs confirmed it will release for other platforms, but not enough people are buying Spiderman so they need to really push for that $500 PS5.

To be honest, I am not sure I'd care much about a remake. Unless they redid the engine, added content, and made the gameplay deeper or something, why would I care? I've beaten it so many times on Xbox and PC I'm over it. KotOR II had better build potential and a darker, less stock hero storyline anyways.

One of the big draws of KotOR 1 was the big reveal on the Leviathan. Without that bit, all they're riding on is nostalgia.

Also, you can totally cheese Malak with stealth and mines.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2021 05:21 PM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yes...I assume it's a push to compete with MS recent dev purchases.
I don't mind 1st party exclusives but I do not really like third party exclusives..and especially hate content exclusives like DLC and etc.

I hope the remake is pretty substantial and it would be neat if they re-did the entire combat system.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2021 05:28 PM
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Yeah, the devs confirmed it will release for other platforms, but not enough people are buying Spiderman so they need to really push for that $500 PS5.

To be honest, I am not sure I'd care much about a remake. Unless they redid the engine, added content, and made the gameplay deeper or something, why would I care? I've beaten it so many times on Xbox and PC I'm over it. KotOR II had better build potential and a darker, less stock hero storyline anyways.

One of the big draws of KotOR 1 was the big reveal on the Leviathan. Without that bit, all they're riding on is nostalgia.

Also, you can totally cheese Malak with stealth and mines.
I assume they're gonna take what we got in the original game and refine it.

I'm assuming it's no longer gonna be turn-based, but exclusively real-time. If they make it better than the original it could potentially surpass Mass Effect 2.

Also it'd be silly to not add some content, but I agree if it's a 1:1 remake that'll be cool... buuut it's not something we need. I'm fine replaying the original KOTOR every year or two to satiate my enjoyment, plus it's got a pretty decent modding community and I'm not sure if this remake will fair as well in that department unless they are catering heavily to fans of the original.

I'm thinking (and hoping) they're gonna keep what was good and refine it much further.

Maybe improve combat, and the game already looks gorgeous if Revan's face was in-engine.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2021 08:19 PM
Jmanghan

TO BE HONEST though... I'd really they rather made (or changed) The Old Republic: Revan into gaming form.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2021 08:20 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I think combat needs to approve at least....I'm not sure how...but I would like to see it a bit more involved.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2021 09:14 PM
KingD19

Just never gonna get TOR on consoles or KOTOR 3 I guess.

I hope the combat is something like a 2021 version of Jade Empire for the melee and Mass Effect for the gunplay. They're both pretty similar on the "magic" aspect.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2021 09:24 PM
Jmanghan

Originally posted by KingD19
Just never gonna get TOR on consoles or KOTOR 3 I guess.

I hope the combat is something like a 2021 version of Jade Empire for the melee and Mass Effect for the gunplay. They're both pretty similar on the "magic" aspect.
Why would you want TOR on consoles? It's a horrible MMO.

It's like current WoW only less good with a Star Wars paintjob.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2021 10:00 PM
ares834

Originally posted by Jmanghan
TO BE HONEST though... I'd really they rather made (or changed) The Old Republic: Revan into gaming form.

God know. I wouldn't mind a KotOR 3, but only if it has nothing to do with the abortion that is SWTOR and is based on Avellone's original plans.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2021 04:39 AM
ares834 is online now! Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by ares834
God know. I wouldn't mind a KotOR 3, but only if it has nothing to do with the abortion that is SWTOR and is based on Avellone's original plans.
Well the problem is, "Revan" leads directly into TOR, so they'd have to do some massive retconning to make it make sense.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2021 05:36 AM