KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Prey

Prey
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Adrien Brody was awesome. I don't get that hate.

^^^Royce is the first Brody character I can actually remember liking.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2022 03:56 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Predators (2010) is the second best film in the franhise, imo. Also, while Broly is a thinner guy, he bulked up a bit for that role and was good as Royce, the mercenary with a conscience.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 9th, 2022 04:02 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Robtard
Predators (2010) is the second best film in the franhise, imo.

^^^For a top 3 I gotta go w. the OG, then Predator 2 for going in a completely different direction then Predators for revisiting many of the original’s themes but putting their own twist on things.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2022 04:29 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh yeah, 1 is top tier any way you slice it.

I need to rewatch 2, but for me the first AVP was a decent Predator film, that happened to have Aliens in it.

AVP 2 gets bonus points for being a stealth Critters movie. Seriously, aliens come to Earth, bounty Hunter comes and wrecks shit, everyone dies. Same concept.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2022 05:07 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

Adrien Brody was awesome. I don't get that hate.

The rest, eh, fair opinion. But I think we just have to see how it plays out.

Well, credit where credit is due, Brody got in shape for the role, but I felt he was miscast. Still, Predators was the last good movie in the franchise.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2022 05:31 PM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Yeah, Predators is awesome. I just didn't like the stupid attempt at a twist at the end. But other than that it's pretty great. It's solid. I'm still disappointed they never did a direct sequel for it.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2022 08:44 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by cdtm

AVP 2 gets bonus points for being a stealth Critters movie. Seriously, aliens come to Earth, bounty Hunter comes and wrecks shit, everyone dies. Same concept.

Shame that you couldn't see shit in that movie at times...

Predators (2010) was good, It even got somewhat of a continuation in a one-shot comic. Has the two survivors dealing with a four-Armed Predator.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2022 06:36 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by cdtm

^^^LOL! Upvote! eek!

Old Post Jun 10th, 2022 09:52 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Kazenji
Shame that you couldn't see shit in that movie at times...

Predators (2010) was good, It even got somewhat of a continuation in a one-shot comic. Has the two survivors dealing with a four-Armed Predator.

And just when you thought Predators couldn't get more deadly... the four-armed variety comes around. Dun-dun-duuun!

Old Post Jun 10th, 2022 07:09 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

The director decided to leave out a previously seen weapon.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/ne...c11f3e74590d339

I wont miss it.
Never really seemed sporting that the Preds would have a weapon like that since theyre all about honor and purity of the hunt etc.
Its like a human going bow hunting for deer...and having a .50 cal off to the side just in case the deer proves to be dangerous.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2022 10:11 PM
riv6672

Actually a deer wasn’t good example.
More like bow hunting a wild boar, which are quite obv. dangerous.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2022 10:34 PM
ShadowFyre

Deer sounds right. I mean it's a plasma caster..

And I am down for this movie I think. I feel like the Director gets the yautja at least. And I can deal with some pandering. I'm a pretty big Pred fan and I have not been happy with all this ridiculous super pred bullshit

Old Post Jun 11th, 2022 12:58 AM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i have 0001 percent this turns out good but at least i can watch it on hulu

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 11th, 2022 04:05 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

An interview and an image of the Predator from behind...

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/2022/07/1...ion-stills/amp/

Old Post Jul 15th, 2022 11:16 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The images aren't showing on that link

try this one

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/2022/07/1...duction-stills/

also i read somewhere with AVP 2: Requiem on Disney+ they brighten it up so its not so ****en dark. Not sure if its true or not.

Last edited by Kazenji on Jul 16th, 2022 at 02:33 AM

Old Post Jul 16th, 2022 02:31 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^Nice.
The Pred looks badass in that pic. thumb up

Old Post Jul 16th, 2022 08:52 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

You would be looking for rear view shots of a Predator, you pervert.

But that looks very cool, the hair is noticeably different than the few very thick strands we're usually shown.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2022 08:48 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Robtard
You would be looking for rear view shots of a Predator, you pervert.

You know what... my sexual fantasies are NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!

Don't fetish-shame me!

Old Post Jul 21st, 2022 09:41 PM
Estacado
Legendary

This is getting a lot of positive reviews.

Some call it the Best Predator movie.

Cant wait...

Bankai.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2022 09:15 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I'm still expecting trash, but if it's fun trash, that will be okay.

Now the best Predator movie? I think there's effectively a 0% chance it's better than Predator (1987). But if it's up there with Predator 2 or Predators, awesome.

Also still having a giggle at the people who have zero problems suspending reality over a super alien hunting people, but freak out because a Native American woman is a hunter/warrior.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2022 09:20 PM