KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » You gain one of these abilities for 24hrs... What do you do?

You gain one of these abilities for 24hrs... What do you do?
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Changing my vote.

Firestorm powers. Can transmute a bunch of platinum for myself, make a gold house to live in, remove all tumors and medical diseases from my body.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 5th, 2022 02:02 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Firestorm's powers can't cure you, Todd.

Even if someone actually competent with them was wielding them, like Galan .

You are dying.

Old Post May 5th, 2022 02:08 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Can't he transmute a new body or something? eek!

Like Lex did with a clone body to fix his Green K cancer.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 5th, 2022 02:11 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

He likely could. Stilt just doesn't want him to, because he's a dick like that.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 5th, 2022 02:14 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Then why he fights bank robbers in tights instead of curing terminal patients?

Todd is destined to die before one of us loses his patience and strangles him.

Old Post May 5th, 2022 02:22 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Re: Re: Re: Re: You gain one of these abilities for 24hrs... What do you do?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Whereas I thought when Galan said Xavier level, it was as he was now i.e. super powerful.

even local minds would be too much, I reckon. I can't even do more than 2 conversations at once, let alone 5 or 10 or 30 unfiltered thoughts all simultaneously.

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
You'll be overwhelmed by the "voices" in your head and go insane.

Yeah, I also thought it was Xavier's current powers. Not his powers as they were when he was a child or something.

We've seen Charles's reaction when he's lost and regained his telepathy before. It's torture until he reigns the power in, and he's only able to do that due to decades of using it.

I'd be genuinely surprised if people made it out of their bedroom in 24 hours honestly. I reckon you'd get 30 seconds in and start hoping for death.

Last edited by StyleTime on May 5th, 2022 at 03:03 PM

Old Post May 5th, 2022 02:59 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Then why he fights bank robbers in tights instead of curing terminal patients?

Todd is destined to die before one of us loses his patience and strangles him.

We both know the answer to that: For the same reason most superheroes that can solve all the world's ills don't.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 5th, 2022 03:03 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by -Pr-
We both know the answer to that: For the same reason most superheroes that can solve all the world's ills don't.

Or maybe he just sucks and earns his living from OnlyFans, which Galan subscribes to.

Old Post May 5th, 2022 03:11 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Galan007
This is you as you are in the real world. You gain access to ONE of these abilities for 24hrs... Which do you choose and why? How would you use the selected ability?

1.) The speed of Quicksilver.
2.) The luck of Domino.
3.) The intelligence of Batman.
4.) The strength of Hulk.
5.) The TP of Xavier
6.) The Green Lantern ring of Hal Jordan.
7.) The technopathy of Hank Henshaw.
8.) The transmutational powers of Firestorm.

Stips:
*No time shenanigans or loopholes whatsoever. You have these abilities for 24 hours in real time and that's it.
*You don't have any prior knowledge of how to use the ability you've selected... You go into this 'dry' as it were, and have to learn as you go.

7 for me. I’d switch my bank account with Elon Musk’s, and legally take control of Tesla.

Old Post May 5th, 2022 04:53 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Or maybe he just sucks and earns his living from OnlyFans, which Galan subscribes to.

No. I don't want to imagine any of you ****ers having an onlyfans. No.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 5th, 2022 05:27 PM
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Whereas I thought when Galan said Xavier level, it was as he was now i.e. super powerful.

even local minds would be too much, I reckon. I can't even do more than 2 conversations at once, let alone 5 or 10 or 30 unfiltered thoughts all simultaneously.

Much of TP power level comes down to learned control. I dont think Xavier is anymore powerful now than earlier he's just more adept in its use. My own thought process is quite weird with random thoughts often popping into my head out of nowhere (I don't have the most stable mind) so figured I'd be a little pre disposed to deal with it.

Bottom line I just see myself being able to deal with TP to only pick up on thoughts ablot quicker than any other choice. No way am I likely to be able to effectively use a GL ring, technopathy or firestorms transmutation in less than a week. The othersbjust sound boring

Old Post May 5th, 2022 09:50 PM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

This will be beatboks 13 seconds after the telepathy activates.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 6th, 2022 02:02 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

laughing laughing laughing

thumb up

Old Post May 6th, 2022 02:09 AM
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by StyleTime
This will be beatboks 13 seconds after the telepathy activates.

(please log in to view the image)

The middle page panel is pretty much me now without TP. That's why I figured it would be the easiest one for me to adapt to (not much of a change from my normal state of a 1000 or so random unconnected thoughts every minute). I mean while I've been typing to the sentence before this one I've had thoughts about 5 ps games, two of my kids sports and, my sister, a few work friends, my home loan and the recently risen interest rate and 8 things I didn't get done at work a renovation were starting soon and 5 projects I have around the home(all intermixed)

Where as if I had
Quicksilver speed wouldn't do me much good when I have no cartridges in both knees and just walking is painful.

Firestorm transmutation would require knowledge I've not been up on for over 40 years since I did high school science

Technopathy would require knowledge outside my areas of expertise to even use effectively

Batman intelligence without his wealth and resources would be pretty useless

What the hell would I want with Hulk strength?

No other power choice is even usable for me within 2 weeks to a month. At least TP I have a chance of getting something useful from in the time frame

Old Post May 6th, 2022 03:48 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EcstaticGrace

Originally posted by Astner
Firestorms ability to transmute rocks into gold...or even better, rhodium. A ton of rhodium is worth $58 billion in today's market.

Don’t you have to know the chemical composition of what your transmuting for Firestorm’s power to work?

Old Post May 6th, 2022 06:00 AM
EcstaticGrace is currently offline Click here to Send EcstaticGrace a Private Message Find more posts by EcstaticGrace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

You can easily look that up.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post May 6th, 2022 07:12 AM
Endless Mike is online now! Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

Rhodium is an element like carbon or oxygen. Probably the easiest thing to do with matter manipulation.

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post May 6th, 2022 07:17 AM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Also depends on the Firestorm.

Jason could also create complex machines, for example.

But with technopathy, you could manipulate commodity prices so that something as simple as coal or oil is as expensive/cheap as you want. Then just trade without actually needing to handle the physical item.

Old Post May 6th, 2022 08:10 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by beatboks
Much of TP power level comes down to learned control. I dont think Xavier is anymore powerful now than earlier he's just more adept in its use. My own thought process is quite weird with random thoughts often popping into my head out of nowhere (I don't have the most stable mind) so figured I'd be a little pre disposed to deal with it.

Bottom line I just see myself being able to deal with TP to only pick up on thoughts ablot quicker than any other choice. No way am I likely to be able to effectively use a GL ring, technopathy or firestorms transmutation in less than a week. The othersbjust sound boring

There's no way you'll have control, even minimal with Xavier level TP. You can't be serious.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post May 6th, 2022 12:58 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by beatboks

Sounds like your mind is the exact opposite of mine. I'll get fixated on one thought, and nothing will shake me from it.

Old Post May 6th, 2022 01:36 PM