KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battle of the near Omnipotents

Battle of the near Omnipotents
Started by: Stoic

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Endless Mike
I think it was retconned to be at one point but there was still evidence showing it was multiversal. I don't know the current status of the retcons on its power.

Starlin himself never considered it above universal.
quote:

Well they each represented at least a multiverse, so it's sort of like holding Eternity, who is the universe.

They were creators, not actually embodiment of the multiverses.
quote:

Here he is considering replacing the 616 Eternity with the Ultimate universe Eternity:

(please log in to view the image)

I think this is still canon.

So, universal? Cool.
quote:

So this has been retconned then?

(please log in to view the image)

It says he has judgment over all multiverses.

Yes. He had no command over Starbrand because it was from New Universe and couldn't retrieve the infinity gem from the Malibu universe.

Old Post May 16th, 2022 08:02 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by abhilegend
Starlin himself never considered it above universal.

They were creators, not actually embodiment of the multiverses.

So, universal? Cool.

Yes. He had no command over Starbrand because it was from New Universe and couldn't retrieve the infinity gem from the Malibu universe.

If for example, Perpetua was in the Marvel Universe, could she or would she be able to affect the Starbrand in the New Universe, or retrieve an Infinity gem from the Malibu Universe?

Old Post May 16th, 2022 08:13 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Stoic
If for example, Perpetua was in the Marvel Universe, could she or would she be able to affect the Starbrand in the New Universe, or retrieve an Infinity gem from the Malibu Universe?

Yes, in short.

Old Post May 16th, 2022 08:36 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Stoic
The battle begins within one and only one super giant universe.

BFR is not possible.

Which one of these near omnipotent characters would be the last standing?

Doctor Manhattan
Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet
Darkseid (most powerful version)
Elaine Belloc
Beyonder (original power levels)
Molecule Man
Man of Miracles
Decreator
Living Tribunal
Perpetua

Which one takes this?
Elaine... By a lot.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post May 16th, 2022 09:30 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

DC is producing omniversal or multiversal+ "all powerful beings" on a monthly basis it seems. Meanwhile Marvel is crapping all over their cosmology for reasons unknown. Regarding Marvel, I wouldn't be surprised if Franklin RIchards is more powerful than the LT at this point.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post May 16th, 2022 11:09 AM
zopzop is online now! Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Franklin was depowered, zop.

Checkmate

Old Post May 16th, 2022 11:18 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by zopzop
DC is producing omniversal or multiversal+ "all powerful beings" on a monthly basis it seems. Meanwhile Marvel is crapping all over their cosmology for reasons unknown. Regarding Marvel, I wouldn't be surprised if Franklin RIchards is more powerful than the LT at this point.

Korvac wrecked LT and In Betweener, so you are right. Franklin>Galactus>Korvac>LT

Old Post May 16th, 2022 11:54 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
qwertyuiop1998
The Vampire

TBF, Korvac killed LT and in Betweener off panel

Old Post May 16th, 2022 12:00 PM
qwertyuiop1998 is currently offline Click here to Send qwertyuiop1998 a Private Message Find more posts by qwertyuiop1998 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Originally posted by MrMind
[B]endless mike cosmic knowledge is still stuck from 10 years ago

More like 8 years, but yeah, that's why I don't really do debates these days, and asking for scans of everything that has been retconned wouldn't be very reasonable, so I can take your word for it until I read more stuff myself.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post May 16th, 2022 01:37 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by qwertyuiop1998
TBF, Korvac killed LT and in Betweener off panel

It was confirmed in recap too.

Old Post May 16th, 2022 01:38 PM
deft

Man of Miracles or Elaine.

Old Post May 16th, 2022 01:41 PM
deft is currently offline Click here to Send deft a Private Message Find more posts by deft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

WTF? Seriously?

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post May 16th, 2022 03:07 PM
zopzop is online now! Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by zopzop
WTF? Seriously?

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Iron Man #15 and #19.

Old Post May 16th, 2022 03:12 PM
qwertyuiop1998
The Vampire

Yes, I knew that. But it still off panel. The reason I'm hesitating to use it now is because the writer stated LT and In-Betweener let Korvac go because they knew how things would play out

Not saying writer interviews are admissible, It is just because there are still a few issues Cantwell will write in upcoming months, so he still has the chance to write what he said in the comics before he goes.

Old Post May 16th, 2022 03:12 PM
qwertyuiop1998 is currently offline Click here to Send qwertyuiop1998 a Private Message Find more posts by qwertyuiop1998 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Yes, I knew that. But it still off panel. The reason I'm hesitating to use it now is because the writer stated LT and In-Betweener let Korvac go because they knew how things would play out

Not saying writer interviews are admissible, It is just because there are still a few issues Cantwell will write in upcoming months, so he still has the chance to write what he said in the comics before he goes.

Yeah, it seems at odds with Korvac's statement there, that he was too strong for them to hold.

Old Post May 16th, 2022 03:19 PM
MrMind

qwerty styling on you guys

Old Post May 16th, 2022 03:31 PM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Which interview?

Old Post May 16th, 2022 06:58 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by MrMind
endless mike cosmic knowledge is still stuck from 10 years ago
Elaine is effectively omnipotent, there is no nigh or near, her omnipotence is not lesser than the likes of TOAA, not by a long shot

Then you have a bunch of people who are completely out of their league compare to some others on the list,
like what is LT, IG Thanos and Darkseid doing here lmfao,
it is a stoic thread so I don't expect too much from it

if I have to rank them from most powerful to least

Elaine Belloc
Man of Miracles
Doctor Manhattan--Perpetua (they around same level)
Beyonder (original power levels)
Molecule Man
Living Tribunal
Darkseid (most powerful version)
Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet (lol)

Decreator has no notable feat I remember, somebody can clue me in on him, but if I have to guess he be in the bottom of the totem pole as well

You keep doing to yourself bruh. I got the list from an online site. Stay in your lane man.

Old Post May 17th, 2022 12:55 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
qwertyuiop1998
The Vampire

Which interview?

Technically, it isn't an interview, he replied it on twitter

https://twitter.com/ifyoucantwell/s...931150289035264

Old Post May 17th, 2022 01:07 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

That handle isn't even verified if its him lol

Old Post May 17th, 2022 03:06 AM