KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Abortion

Do you beleve in abortion?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 249 48.16%
No 221 42.75%
? 47 9.09%
Total: 517 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Abortion
Started by: Julie

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (787): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
queeq
Chaos

Yes, so? There are also people who got terminated because they did actually commit such a crime. Do you agree with that?

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 02:44 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

yes, and they were also certain about that example I gave...

why do we have to commit the same crime as they did? You would expact that we should give the example and show some humanity

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 02:48 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

It's still not very clear where you stand, though. Are you for or against the death penalty.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 02:49 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

roll eyes (sarcastic)

against

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 02:50 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Glad we cleared that up.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 02:51 PM
yerssot

I'm pretty sure that you could see my opinion when you read my replies

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 02:52 PM
queeq
Chaos

Not really. You took one case where things went terribly wrong. One "mistake" doesn't necessarily make a whole concept wrong. So it was not clear and now it is. Thanks.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 02:59 PM
yerssot

that was just one example that I knew about, rest assure, there are more then only that one

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 03:15 PM
finti

So if a 13 year old girl is raped and gets pregnant as a result of the rape what then? Should she be allowed to take an abortion or must she she it through until the birth of the child?

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 03:19 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

that's something different

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 03:48 PM
Ratcat

As far as other people go I am pro-choice.

If it was my own child I would be against an abortion, but would HAVE to respect the choice of the mother. On the basis that Mandy is Pro-Life as well then that works out.

HOWEVER, if there were overiding medical reasons for an abortion, such as risk to life of the mother or serious birth defect then I think abortion is an acceptable measure. By serious I mean something that would mean quality of life was seriously compromised.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 04:53 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

well, in Belgium, if the mother is in danger (if she can die while giving birth) so that's solved (the law also states that if there is something wrong with the child, something big, abortion is allowed but no obligation)

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 04:58 PM
Ratcat

Abortion is legal for pretty much any reason in the UK.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 05:09 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

I think I'm in the same boat as RC...

I don't think there's anyone who's really Pro-Abortion..well, other than some immature person who thinks that it's some kind of answer to overpopulation.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 05:10 PM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Dim, there are a lot of people here and therefor a lot of opinions, so there could be persons here that are pro-abortion...

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 05:13 PM
Ratcat

One thing that I haven't seen mentioned, and it is a touchy one.

What about Abortion after Rape? There was a case of couple of years ago that made the headlines in the UK.

A teenager was raped and because of the strong Catholic feelings within her family and community she was forced to go through 9 months of pregnancy and give birth to the child, ehich then went up for adoption.

In my mind that was wrong.

And to top it all she had to give evidence at the rape trial whilst carrying the offspring of the man she was testufying against.

Look, I managed to bring three threads together in one...

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 05:23 PM
yerssot

ratcat, you are good!

well, she got pregnant against her will so abortion can be given her

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 05:39 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I am MASSIVELY against the death penalty for any reason. I want no part of a socieity that thinks ending a life is a judicial solution. That says terrible things about said society, if that is all they can offer.

Meanwhile, I am pretty much pro-life... which is odd, because I would not, for example, obstruct a girlfriend/wife of mine if she wanted one in a 'bad' situation, or a friend who had gotten into difficulties. So that makes me seem rather pro-choice, but I'm not. I'd rather there WAS no choice, but while there is one I will respect that.

As for not having the 'right' to tell others... well, of COURSE we do! We say plenty of things are wrong. Murder, theft, arson... some people may not think they are wrong, but society DOES have the right to say that they are. And the same can apply to abortion- it doesn't HAVE to, but it can.

As far as I am concerned, I don't KNOW if abortion is murder or not. But I refuse to take chances with a human life! While there is doubt I think the safe option must ALWAYS be taken, and the rights of the mother do not go as far as possibly killing a child.

If we can ever actually PROVE where life begins, one way or another, it will be a LOT simpler.

So I am afraid it is the same with the rape scenario. I'm sorry... I wish we could make it so bad things did not happen. But we cannot, and while it may ruin a person's life that is nothing to the act of murder you COULD be committing by abortion. Even a rape victim does not have the right to kill another to restore her life to normal.

It MIGHT not be murder, I know. But I stillt hink it is too great a risk to take.

Of course, abortion in cases of medical emergency- where the survival of the child is impossible anyway- is different.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Dec 24th, 2001 at 07:13 PM

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 07:10 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

last time I checked abortion was KILLING a foetus (ok, sorry 'bout my English, this isn't exactly a term you use in the lessons)

Killing is ... ... killing, that makes you a murderer
(and I can't stand those)

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 07:15 PM
Ratcat

quote:
Originally posted by Ushgarak
I am MASSIVELY against the death penalty for any reason.
NOt sure where that came into it Ush?

Yerssot, that was my point, spot on. I am surprised though that some would still say that the child should be born. Strange.

Incidently the girl I referred to was 14 when the Rape happened and 15 when the child was born. How the Catholic faith was able to justify it's actions in this case is beyond me. That poor girl will probably be scarred for life, both physically and emotionally.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 07:17 PM