KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Abortion

Do you beleve in abortion?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 249 48.16%
No 221 42.75%
? 47 9.09%
Total: 517 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Abortion
Started by: Julie

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (787): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
yerssot

it's murder but in SOME cases it can be correct though (like your example)

I'm supposed to be Catholic, so I know why they reject (well, everyone knows this actually):
Moses gave us the ten commandments, and for Christians it's very important to follow them, because they give you the right to get in Heaven.
The third commandment is (well, don't know the exact English translation): Thou shall not kill

And like I said, abortion is murder, and therefor they don't do that
(I remember that example you gave, it was one of the main raisons they changed the abortion law in Belgium)

There are other examples of religions things that turns out to be wrong (for the person that is involved or the opinion of the others)

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 08:03 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

I agree, abortion is murder....hence my stance as pro-life.

If a girl is raped and gets pregnant....I think that even though it'll be rough...she should have the child b/c God has given her that life ( the Child) to raise....or at least have.

There are plenty of people out there who would be willing to raise a child.

The fetus is a human.....as such it should be respected as a human.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 10:37 PM
Julie is currently offline Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

if you are religious, this is the part where adoption kicks in I guess

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 10:47 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Death penalty got mentioned a bit earlier, RC, that's all.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 10:56 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

it has now a seperate topic, mind you all

Old Post Dec 24th, 2001 10:59 PM
Ratcat

OK Ush, got ya. Must have missed that. embarrasment

Old Post Dec 25th, 2001 12:33 AM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Hey don't bring order to these threads. It's embarrassing, for me at least. wink

Old Post Dec 25th, 2001 12:37 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
What about Abortion after Rape? There was a case of couple of years ago that made the headlines in the UK.

ehh that was my question to Yers a couple of posts before you posted this RC

quote:
So if a 13 year old girl is raped and gets pregnant as a result of the rape what then? Should she be allowed to take an abortion or must she she it through until the birth of the child?

Old Post Dec 25th, 2001 11:09 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

and then I said that I'm against abortion but that there are certain things that are acceptible for me.
Rape is one of them

Old Post Dec 25th, 2001 12:11 PM
Gundark
Mayhem

I don't care what other women decide about abortion, cause its their life, but I could never, ever abort my own child.

And yes, queeq, this thread has been on topic way too long. evil face

Old Post Dec 27th, 2001 02:54 AM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Oh Gundy, you're the only around here who understands me. smile

Old Post Dec 27th, 2001 08:51 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

takes one to know one roll eyes (sarcastic) big grin evil face

Old Post Dec 27th, 2001 11:16 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Yup.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2001 12:10 PM
DJ Velocity
The one and only

Ush. If your girlfriend or wife was raped and was found to be pregnant with the rapist's child. How would you feel? Could you look at her every day with that clear head? No!!! It would slowly eat away at you. But how does SHE feel?

Old Post Dec 27th, 2001 03:09 PM
DJ Velocity is currently offline Click here to Send DJ Velocity a Private Message Find more posts by DJ Velocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Didn't know that Ush was against it...
I thought he was pro-choice...

Old Post Dec 27th, 2001 05:02 PM
queeq
Chaos

Feelings of a victim are not a very sound basis for legislation IMHO. I refer to my post in the Death Penalty Thread.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2001 08:09 PM
yerssot

can you repeat that one then please?

Indeed, feelings aren't good when making a choice that involved death

Old Post Dec 27th, 2001 08:12 PM
queeq
Chaos

The way a victim feels after a crime is not a sound basis for punishment legislation. It would mean you only act on revenge, not on justice.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2001 08:25 PM
yerssot

That's true, if we want justice to happen, we have to give it a chance

Old Post Dec 27th, 2001 08:35 PM
queeq
Chaos

Give what a chance?

Old Post Dec 27th, 2001 08:59 PM