KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Music

Music
Started by: Phoenix

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

Music

What do you think would be good lotr music? as already mentioned in another thread, i feel evanescence ballads would be WONDERFUL....

what about you?

Old Post Jun 18th, 2003 04:51 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Izz

But, there already is good LOTR music!

'But I say to you, king of the Numenoreans, not untill now have I understood the tale of your people and their fall. As wicked fools I scorned them, but I pity them at last. For if this is indeed, as the Eldar say, the gift of the One to Men, then it is bitter to receive.'

Old Post Jun 18th, 2003 05:10 PM
Izz is currently offline Click here to Send Izz a Private Message Find more posts by Izz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

work with me here!! what COULD be good lotr music, i know there is great stuff already, what abt stuff that would be great ALONGSIDE what is already in existence?

Old Post Jun 19th, 2003 04:29 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
glorfindel

hi how about The teddy bears picnic, music for the forest of lorein scences?
or the ent,s
rolling on floor laughing
smokin'

Old Post Jun 19th, 2003 07:49 PM
glorfindel is currently offline Click here to Send glorfindel a Private Message Find more posts by glorfindel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
glorfindel

or how about the HI HO song from snow white and the severn dwarfs for the mines of moria smokin'

Old Post Jun 19th, 2003 07:51 PM
glorfindel is currently offline Click here to Send glorfindel a Private Message Find more posts by glorfindel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
glorfindel

or even "the lunatics have taken over the asylum" by madness
for minas tirith or ortharac smokin'

Old Post Jun 19th, 2003 07:54 PM
Dark_Queen
Mistress of Evil

i was thinking just some more music composed by howard shore(since the FOTR music was great!!). but i guess u mean other kinds of music

mmmm..precious..we wants it!

Old Post Jun 20th, 2003 02:50 AM
Dark_Queen is currently offline Click here to Send Dark_Queen a Private Message Find more posts by Dark_Queen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Excalibur

i dont think that POP/Rock/Rap/r“n“B or other music like that would be good with LOTR, because its another time, another world, you know. and this music couldnt get the spirit from LOTR. But the msuic from howard shore hits exactly that point that the movies and the story means, so i think the music is perfect for the movie.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2003 10:12 AM
Excalibur is currently offline Click here to Send Excalibur a Private Message Find more posts by Excalibur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

Agree with Seraph, I think a symphony orchestra is the only suitable soundtrack for the films.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2003 11:48 AM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

yeh, but seriously, listen to Evanescence's ballads - My Immortal is so beutiful and sad at the same time, violins galore for you mah!

Old Post Jun 20th, 2003 06:31 PM
Excalibur

i know. i love evanescence myself. but it wouldnt be cool to the movie. you know, songs in a movie are oftne to show how cool the charcters are.. but the lotr-character have a completly different coolness than the "new" heroes (Matrix-people, Bond, charlies angels, spiderman) you know?

Old Post Jun 20th, 2003 07:11 PM
Excalibur is currently offline Click here to Send Excalibur a Private Message Find more posts by Excalibur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
glorfindel

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Seraph
i know. i love evanescence myself. but it wouldnt be cool to the movie. you know, songs in a movie are oftne to show how cool the charcters are.. but the lotr-character have a completly different coolness than the "new" heroes (Matrix-people, Bond, charlies angels, spiderman) you know? [/QUOTE

what?] smokin'

Old Post Jun 20th, 2003 08:37 PM
chica16
chica

how bout some 50 cent ? lol

the crownless again shall be king.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2003 07:16 AM
chica16 is currently offline Click here to Send chica16 a Private Message Find more posts by chica16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

arrgh! *covers ears with teacosy for protection*

Old Post Jun 24th, 2003 09:46 AM
Matt
Mr M

Balled Music!!! Thats What I Fink!

Old Post Jun 24th, 2003 03:16 PM
Matt is currently offline Click here to Send Matt a Private Message Find more posts by Matt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chica16
chica

lol i was j/k about 50 cent... i really like hte music they have it fits perfect

the crownless again shall be king.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2003 04:04 PM
chica16 is currently offline Click here to Send chica16 a Private Message Find more posts by chica16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
undomiel
evenstar

I think the music that they have for LOTR is perfect
I think any other music would ruin it

Old Post Jun 24th, 2003 06:48 PM
undomiel is currently offline Click here to Send undomiel a Private Message Find more posts by undomiel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
turin

ya, they couldnt have matched music any better in my opinion. imagine if they would have tried something like in "A Knights Tale" with the rock'n roll. that would have sucked!!! I just wished they would have used Enya a little more. cant waite for Return of the King Sndtrk.

and filled with wrath and despair he mounted upon Rochallor his great horse and rode forth alone, and none might restrain him. He passed over Dor-nu-Fauglith like a wind amid the dust, and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromė himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2003 08:34 PM
turin is currently offline Click here to Send turin a Private Message Find more posts by turin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I can't think of anything. Imperial March for Sauron? big grin

Old Post Jun 24th, 2003 10:49 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

the music was nice...but I still like SW music better

Old Post Jun 27th, 2003 01:32 AM
Julie is currently offline Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote