KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Harry Potter Age Group ?

How old are you?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
5-9 1 1.64%
10-15 21 34.43%
16-20 22 36.07%
21-25 10 16.39%
26-30 3 4.92%
30 + 4 6.56%
Total: 61 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Harry Potter Age Group ?
Started by: Wizard Lord

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
furious_socks
Being Michelle

i was 10 when i started to read the books yes

“a bit too spanish for me...”

Old Post Jan 10th, 2004 12:50 PM
furious_socks is currently offline Click here to Send furious_socks a Private Message Find more posts by furious_socks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maikahyandowen
Entropy

as long as you understand what's happening, then have at it, i say.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2004 04:18 PM
Maikahyandowen is currently offline Click here to Send Maikahyandowen a Private Message Find more posts by Maikahyandowen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lianslo
chasing the music

I totally agree w/ you guys, although they kinda started as more of a children's book, i would never have read a 870 page book when i was 10! not to mention they totally rock my face off right now! (And i'm not 10 smile)

Old Post Jan 13th, 2004 04:21 AM
Lianslo is currently offline Click here to Send Lianslo a Private Message Find more posts by Lianslo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maikahyandowen
Entropy

rock your face off............. i think i might have read a 600 page book when i was 10. i don't remember.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2004 06:09 PM
Maikahyandowen is currently offline Click here to Send Maikahyandowen a Private Message Find more posts by Maikahyandowen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
firebolt14

i think tey r for ALL AGES aswel! i started readin it wen i spose i was bout 10 n i love it but loadsa ppl all ages read them n the 5th bk did hav an adult cover so tht proves its for all ages!

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 07:11 PM
firebolt14 is currently offline Click here to Send firebolt14 a Private Message Find more posts by firebolt14 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tomi1Female

Cool I feel sorry for those people actually...

My experience with people who don't lik the HP series has been 3 fold. The people I have discussed the series with that don't like it either:

1) Haven't read the books due to alleged "religious" reasons. They feel the "witchcraft" and "spells" used are BAD, or they have been "informed" by someone they know that the books are "spiritually damaging".
2) Haven't read the the books, because they simply don't like SciFi or Fantasy books.
3) Haven't read it simply because the books were written with children in mind.

It's very sad to me that so many people have such narrow minds. I actually feel sorry for them. I can't help but wonder, if these people have children will stifle their imaginations and creativity?

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 05:58 PM
Tomi1Female is currently offline Click here to Send Tomi1Female a Private Message Find more posts by Tomi1Female Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lady_Eowyn3
ACTING IS LIFE

eh people are weird, my whole family reads HP, except for my dad cuz he's just weird, but me (17), my lil sis(13), my lil bro(9) n even my mom reads em, although she reads em in spanish, but they're 4 everyone as long as u understand, 600 pg books rnt bad for kids, i've always rd big books since i was like 6 i read novels, its just as long as u understand what ur reading

Old Post Jun 10th, 2004 12:31 AM
Lady_Eowyn3 is currently offline Click here to Send Lady_Eowyn3 a Private Message Find more posts by Lady_Eowyn3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

I was 13 when the Philosopher's Stone came out yes

Old Post Jun 10th, 2004 12:32 AM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cepheus

when i was nine i read a 690 pages book (though it took me about a year :s)

Old Post Jun 10th, 2004 10:45 AM
Cepheus is currently offline Click here to Send Cepheus a Private Message Find more posts by Cepheus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ummmm?

Question Complicated?

Just because the book was complicated doesnt mean that it was "not for kids" it may just mean that it was horribly written? I have picked up some of the HP books, and well, it is not exactly Shakespeare and when an author of mediocre style tries to interweave plots and such, well things get lost, not "more advanced". I am sorry but it was probably confusing because she cannot write well.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2010 09:54 PM
ummmm? is currently offline Click here to Send ummmm? a Private Message Find more posts by ummmm? Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

I know alot of people who are older then me who likes harry potter.Not one person said that it was childish and I believe that it is more of an adult book then a kids specially the new movie.

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2010 02:32 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

There is no age limit - adults enjoy the books just as much as kids. I would say that 9,10,11 is a good age for kids to actually like - get it. And enjoy it.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2010 01:20 AM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

I argee^

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2010 07:36 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Bun Bun~
**KMC OG**

For all ages that's forsure.
I was in my eairly tweens when i picked them up. It felt as the series grew up as I did.

@ Umm: Books 4-7 were meant to be confusing. If they characters are confused then you are. And until the very end of 7 Harry remains confused. Also, imo, that's a example of a good writer. You feel exactly what the characters feel.

There'll be peace when you are done

Kudos Scribble for the wicked awesome sig!

Old Post Nov 25th, 2010 05:04 AM
~Bun Bun~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Bun Bun~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Bun Bun~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maxman1180
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by chic_sxydiva
i think it's for all age coz my sis(21) loves 'em too.

nice pic, awesome... ^_^

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2011 12:18 PM
maxman1180 is currently offline Click here to Send maxman1180 a Private Message Find more posts by maxman1180 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote