KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Pirates Of The Caribbean: The Curse Of THe Black Pearl

Pirates Of The Caribbean: The Curse Of THe Black Pearl
Started by: Thomas H

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
chica16
chica

i've seen it 4 times and i finally watched that extra scene... the theatre people thought i was crazy i was the only person in there and the credits went on forever!!!!!!

the crownless again shall be king.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 06:37 PM
chica16 is currently offline Click here to Send chica16 a Private Message Find more posts by chica16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
le_sainte
MILANISTA

i kno! i was there with my 5 friends and we were the only people left in the theater by the clip came! the credits where like, 10 minutes! it's pretty hard to wait for when u have to go to the bathroom embarrasment but it's worth it ... it proves that there'll b a sequel! yes

Now ... Bring me that horizon. Na-na-na-ne-ne-na-da-da-de-da ... And really bad eggs, drink up, me 'earties, yo ho.

That's what a ship really is, you know - not a keel and a hold and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs - but what a ship is, what the Black Pearl really is, is freedom.
Ragetti: Bootstraps’
bootstraps.

CJS - Human hair ... From me back!
And then they made me thier chief ...
Ragetti: This is just like what the Greeks done at Troy. 'Cept they was in a horse instead 'o dresses. Wooden 'orse ... You look pretty

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 10:17 PM
le_sainte is currently offline Click here to Send le_sainte a Private Message Find more posts by le_sainte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NICKHAZE

Love j.d rocks

once again johnny depp proved that he is best actor ever eek! pirates of the caribbean was a great movie, top movies on this year absolutely. arrrrrrrrrrrrrr..... Happy Dance

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2003 09:52 PM
NICKHAZE is currently offline Click here to Send NICKHAZE a Private Message Find more posts by NICKHAZE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

i loved it i loved it i loved it ummmm did i mention i loved it????? i thought both actors were so sexy and i really think that elizabeth is pretty happy both orlando bloom and johnny depp are kick a$$ actorshappylove

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2003 10:01 PM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

i just saw pirates last week's wednesday, that and tomb raider 2. i enjoyed watching the movie and swooning over johnny d and orli. i'd give it 2 thumbs up!

Need to Reach Me? Then Please Contact Me Here: [SodapopAllerdyce/Xanga] [phantomtravel3r/LiveJournal]

Old Post Aug 4th, 2003 07:22 AM
BOPRecruit 16 is currently offline Click here to Send BOPRecruit 16 a Private Message Find more posts by BOPRecruit 16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
captain's fancy
First Mate

I cannot wait until the sequel. I have never anticipated a movie as much as I did the arival of POTC and never have I obsessed or seen a movie as much in a theatre. Pure Brilliance. Hans Zimmer rocked once again. Depp provided true character and never better. Bruckheimer is the man. No complaints, except... Kiera.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2003 03:02 AM
captain's fancy is currently offline Click here to Send captain's fancy a Private Message Find more posts by captain's fancy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
le_sainte
MILANISTA

I agree with everything you said, captain's fancy ... I never anticipated a movie like POTC ... It was brilliant

Now ... Bring me that horizon. Na-na-na-ne-ne-na-da-da-de-da ... And really bad eggs, drink up, me 'earties, yo ho.

That's what a ship really is, you know - not a keel and a hold and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs - but what a ship is, what the Black Pearl really is, is freedom.
Ragetti: Bootstraps’
bootstraps.

CJS - Human hair ... From me back!
And then they made me thier chief ...
Ragetti: This is just like what the Greeks done at Troy. 'Cept they was in a horse instead 'o dresses. Wooden 'orse ... You look pretty

Old Post Aug 6th, 2003 03:33 AM
le_sainte is currently offline Click here to Send le_sainte a Private Message Find more posts by le_sainte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hawaii596

I loved it. The guy that played the pirate was extremely well cast. This is a fairly juvenile movie that did everything right. It could easily have been just another 2 star movie (because the plot was pretty superficial, and the movie was pretty well action-based as opposed to a powerful story line). But the actor portraying the pirate did an oscar nominee quality job. Even the slur of his speech.

The special effects related to the ghosts in the story was amazing. I'm trying not to give too much away.

Very good followable plot line, great editing job, great story.

I predict this will be a part of most collector's video libraries in years to come.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2003 08:48 PM
Hawaii596 is currently offline Click here to Send Hawaii596 a Private Message Find more posts by Hawaii596 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wicker_man
V.2

sad Unfortunatley my geographical postion has not recieved PotC but reviews and positive feedback has made it a film id would like to c when it does come out.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Aug 8th, 2003 08:52 PM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chica16
chica

yeah definetely see it.... it's very good

the crownless again shall be king.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2003 12:05 AM
chica16 is currently offline Click here to Send chica16 a Private Message Find more posts by chica16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Connor McLeod
627 Imortal Kills

Pirates of the Caribbean beat the crap outta gigli (please log in to view the image)

"I am imortal, I have inside me blood of kings. I have no rival, no man can be my equal." -Queen

"I want to be a missionary, you know, go around the world killing people for money..."

Old Post Aug 9th, 2003 01:11 AM
Connor McLeod is currently offline Click here to Send Connor McLeod a Private Message Find more posts by Connor McLeod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

the best movie this summer

Old Post Aug 9th, 2003 09:08 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cermiestar
kitten

I went and saw this yesterday. I thought it was really really good. Bruckheimer did a great job.
I thought the chracter of Jack Sparrow was just HILARIOUS. Honest to God Jack Sparrow is one of my favourite movie characters.
Orlando of course looked hot as ever but his character was a bit laughable. I tended to laugh when he opened his mouth to say something, (I had to try and stop doing this after i got glares from the other members of the audience, the majority of who were girls from my school). But really, his character just made me laugh. And the hat he was wearing at the end certainly didn't help.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2003 11:52 AM
cermiestar is currently offline Click here to Send cermiestar a Private Message Find more posts by cermiestar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LeFaye

i loved this movie.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2003 09:52 PM
LeFaye is currently offline Click here to Send LeFaye a Private Message Find more posts by LeFaye Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Karate_girl84
Aye Matey!

Hello, I am new to this forum. The recent movie,"Pirates of the Caribbean:Curse of the Black Pearl," was very well thought out. Buckheimrer did an excellent job in choosing Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow. Johnny Depp delivered such a fantastic performance. His odd body language, facial expressions, and the way he speaks in the movie is very humorous and entertaining throughout the film. Depp gives his character a uniqueness to his character that is so different compared to other portrayls of pirates. I wish I worked on this film because it is so different compared to past pirate films. Also, having I think having Captain Jack Sparrow being portrayed as being a good, trusting pirate, even though he has his rough edges, is quite exciting and intriguing, which furthermore gives the movie a uniqueness. Writing stories, scripts and other pieces of writing is one of my passions in life, so when I saw and read the plot of the story line I was captured by it and inspired to write even more. I want to now express many ideas that I have and share them with others. I would love to work on the script to the sequel of this movie. I came up so many wonderous ideas and a story line that are intriguing to others that I have shown to, which makes them want more. Throughout this movie I kept pondering this question, "Is Captain Jack Sparrow some how related to young Will Turner?" I kept having this impression that he is. So if anyone has any ideas and answers to this question, then please let me know. No matter what your ideas and answers are, they are all much appreciated. Thank you.

~T.K.

A few last thoughts, I thought Orlando Bloom, Keira Knightly and Geoffrey Rush were so... amazing with their performances too. Also, the score of the movie kept me wanting more and more. I for sure will buy the movie and the music to it.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2003 10:02 PM
Karate_girl84 is currently offline Click here to Send Karate_girl84 a Private Message Find more posts by Karate_girl84 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

any news on the sequel to potc? i saw an article in the news paper about it and johnny depp. those people didn't look kindly about.

Need to Reach Me? Then Please Contact Me Here: [SodapopAllerdyce/Xanga] [phantomtravel3r/LiveJournal]

Old Post Aug 12th, 2003 02:45 AM
BOPRecruit 16 is currently offline Click here to Send BOPRecruit 16 a Private Message Find more posts by BOPRecruit 16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WeAreTheWorld

Someone said something about an extra scene proves there'll be a sequel!!!!yay I can't.. but does anyone know when around it will be ready?

POTC was a great movie and the charecters made it so great especially Johnny Depp.. without him you just can't bring out the charecter of Captain Jack Sparrow.. I've seen the movie four times and I haven't seen the extra scene yet!!! no But I guess that means I'm seeing it again shifty

Old Post Aug 12th, 2003 04:07 PM
WeAreTheWorld is currently offline Click here to Send WeAreTheWorld a Private Message Find more posts by WeAreTheWorld Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Karate_girl84
Aye Matey!

I've seen this movie 2 times, and I'm going to see it again this Friday. I think the extra scene that you are referring to is at the very end of the film, like after the credits and stuff because there is a scene at the end. I'm not going to give anymore details because I don't want to spoil it if no one has seen it. So I dunno, can that be the extra scene? Also, I heard that they are making a sequel for sure and that Johnny Depp, Keira Knightley and Orlando Bloom has signed on for it. Also, Bruckheimer has says in an article that he has 2 more stories to tell about Captain Jack Sparrow. So yay I can't wait!!! I believe it is suppose to be out next year sometime. I'll check up on it and hopefully share more details. Oh by the way my favorite is Captain Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp) and then there is Will Turner (OrlandoBloom).

Happy Dance pirate Happy Dance

Last edited by Karate_girl84 on Aug 13th, 2003 at 05:42 AM

Old Post Aug 13th, 2003 05:35 AM
Karate_girl84 is currently offline Click here to Send Karate_girl84 a Private Message Find more posts by Karate_girl84 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Excalibur

hey guys, i hate each and every one of you for seing POTC that early. i have to wait till 4th september!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Germany sucks!!!

Old Post Aug 14th, 2003 02:11 PM
Excalibur is currently offline Click here to Send Excalibur a Private Message Find more posts by Excalibur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

yeah...i saw it. I saw it at the cinema considering i'm in toronto right now...but back in romania...it's the pirate version for me till it hits the screens...evil face

Old Post Aug 14th, 2003 03:46 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote