Originally posted by Galan007
haw-somWerewolf By Night #1.
Close second. 👆
I gave you the nod, because I was searching for Epoch (Marvel one) and got this.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t472521.html
Anyway, what are Epoch's best feats that would make it a good fight against someone like Extant?
Man, I wonder what the last comic was that I read. It's been a while, not counting old graphic novels I've been purchasing to round out my collection.
In five years, I won't know jack-all about anything.new. It's really been almost two years since I've been on the pulse of anything that I don't accidentally absorb on KMC. I'm coasting on my 1985-2010 knowledge.
Originally posted by Golgo13Lol, well thanks for the nod I guess...
I gave you the nod, because I was searching for Epoch (Marvel one) and got this.http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t472521.html
Anyway, what are Epoch's best feats that would make it a good fight against someone like Extant?
Originally posted by Digi
Man, I wonder what the last comic was that [b]I read. It's been a while, not counting old graphic novels I've been purchasing to round out my collection.In five years, I won't know jack-all about anything.new. It's really been almost two years since I've been on the pulse of anything that I don't accidentally absorb on KMC. I'm coasting on my 1985-2010 knowledge. [/B]
No Thor?
Originally posted by carver9
No Thor?
I'm basically done with comics. It's been part of a larger restructuring of my life and priorities the past year or two. I still enjoy discussing them, but got tired of constantly following, well, anything. My knowledge includes nothing in the last year or so, outside of random bits gleaned from KMC.
Now, I know some of the Thor stuff has been excellent recently, from seeing it here on KMC. And that's awesome. But it hasn't drawn me back in. "Outgrowing" it isn't the correct term, because there's good writing/art/etc. in comics for any age or maturity level. But I don't miss it.
And I do still keep abreast of news every now and then. If Gaiman ever writes new Sandman stuff, for example, or if Warren Ellis does anything at all, I'll likely follow it. But outside of KMC tourneys, I stopped caring about power level stuff years ago, and mainstream titles have to cater to a young enough audience and are bound by certain limitations (status quo universe, etc.) that there's only so many permutations a comic can throw out there before it's all a bit tired. I'm ok missing out on the occasional exceptional title to avoid the constant burden on my time and money, and I have no desire anymore to be a completionist, even for the few characters I really care about. DC did me a massive favor with the DCnU, too, because I don't feel like I'm giving up on characters I've followed for years. For a great example: giving up Alan Scott, the decades-old legend of the Silver Age and beyond, with his team of fellow legends and young proteges who help define heroism for generations of readers? Hard as hell. Giving up Alan Scott, the brand new GL with a completely different backstory and barely any recognizable character traits with the old one, other than physical features and willpower, with his team of X-Men-esque coming-of-age youngsters? Easy.
srug
tl;dr - life happens, and KMC is the last of my comic interest.
Originally posted by Bentley
But Digi is following his favorite character: the non-existant pre-N52 Alan Scott who no longer appears in any comic 👆
Alan was just an example. I jumped ship on a lot of DC stuff. The dissolution of Wildstorm was another. The characters are neutered in the DCnU...not worth reading compared to what they were. I have absolutely no interest in DCnU stuff. The nonsense with Otto in Spider-Man also helped. I needed a jumping off point. That gave me one. The imposter can play house in Pete's body. I won't be following. Events are generally crap, and even the best rarely reach the heights the medium is capable of. Like I said, there's a limit to the permutations. And am I supposed to stay in comics right now solely because Thor is good? Nah, I'm good.