I'm not that familiar with Fernus. Did the JLA eventually defeat him? If so, how? I mean, the JLA typically takes on single individuals with team-challenging power (eg, Shaggyman), only to eventually defeat them. Is Fernus any different?
My point is that, Fernus is a bad guy. So he will/should eventually be beaten. Dentry has no such constraints; he's a free agent storywise.
Admittedly, this is a loopy reason to given Dentry a first-impression win. That's why I asked about Fernus' eventual fate.
Originally posted by Reflassshh
Fernus stomped the JLA, they beat him just because plastic man was supposedly immune to TP due to not being 'organic' or some shit like that.That should be considered PIS imo as that wasn't mentioned again before or after that story.
They ultimately beat him when Atom/Major Disaster/Raven freed MM on the astral plane, GL drowned the whole of that N Korean city in water (removing his flames) and MM then atomised him with Martian Vision.
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
This. Whilst DS had good regeneration, Fernus was blown apart by Superman, and blown in half by John Stewart, and he just regenerated from that.
With regards to your comment on Roberts regeneration as shown in that very scan. Hurting his physical shell is pointless. And in my opinion the only 2 times he actually was damaged in UA was to portray the fact that he couldn't be hurt.
And he has appeared back from nothing with feats like Morgana Le Fay and Molecule Man. So he isn't without regen feats
(not accusing you of saying otherwise)
Then we have Sentry resisting TP from Dr Strange, which I will 100% concede it is not on the level of Fernus to any degree. That's at least 1 TP resistance feat. And current Sentry is now mentally stable and in a determined mindset. Who is to say what that could mean. But yeah ultimately that just leads down a road of what do you say he could resist and that's a silly game to play. Interesting battle idea, just thought I could reply to you on a couple of things.
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
With regards to your comment on Roberts regeneration as shown in that very scan. Hurting his physical shell is pointless. And in my opinion the only 2 times he actually was damaged in UA was to portray the fact that he couldn't be hurt.And he has appeared back from nothing with feats like Morgana Le Fay and Molecule Man. So he isn't without regen feats
(not accusing you of saying otherwise)
Then we have Sentry resisting TP from Dr Strange, which I will 100% concede it is not on the level of Fernus to any degree. That's at least 1 TP resistance feat. And current Sentry is now mentally stable and in a determined mindset. Who is to say what that could mean. But yeah ultimately that just leads down a road of what do you say he could resist and that's a silly game to play. Interesting battle idea, just thought I could reply to you on a couple of things.
Yah. It's all down to that TP resistance, which I am willing to concede on if DS had some more feats.
You're really the only one I would trust on DS; so if you are unsure, then that's this thread done.
If DS can resist TP on that level, DS wins.
If not, then Fernus wins.
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Yah. It's all down to that TP resistance, which I am willing to concede on if DS had some more feats.You're really the only one I would trust on DS; so if you are unsure, then that's this thread done.
If DS can resist TP on that level, DS wins.
If not, then Fernus wins.
It's a tricky thing to be honest, I mean I would present what he has resisted then hypothesize what someone who is mentally stable (and as powerful as Robert could resist) with his newfound control.
But then that leads you down an endless road of picking characters you think he could combat. It ends up being a choose a character and say he could resist this because of X showings.
In short I would like to think now he could resist TP beyond what Strange could exert (given my argument in the 2nd paragraph) with him being stable to the nth degree, being in a determined mindset. But how far you can speculate could lead to all manner of things.
^yep, pretty much this exactly. my gut says that if they battled in a book, dentry would be affected by fernus's tp, but that's only a guess. i think his history is something fernus could use against him, as a weakness. he might be able to bring out the old fears, etc. dentry would be the more powerful, but imo, fernus could drive a wedge into his old weak spots. not sure if that would be enough to get fernus a win, but no one was close to being able to simply resist fernus's tp. i readily admit that is pure speculation though and could well be wrong. maybe this new form of dentry's would allow him to resist.....
in short, this is yet another thread where it's impossible to find a definitive answer.