Originally posted by leonidas
^yep, pretty much this exactly. my gut says that if they battled in a book, dentry would be affected by fernus's tp, but that's only a guess. i think his history is something fernus could use against him, as a weakness. he might be able to bring out the old fears, etc. dentry would be the more powerful, but imo, fernus could drive a wedge into his old weak spots. not sure if that would be enough to get fernus a win, but no one was close to being able to simply resist fernus's tp. i readily admit that is pure speculation though and could well be wrong. maybe this new form of dentry's would allow him to resist.....in short, this is yet another thread where it's impossible to find a definitive answer.
I'd have to disagree with you here.
While Fernus has godly TP him attempting to use it to bring back old memories wouldn't have a single affect on current Sentry.
As we know the mental illness is what made Sentry the way he was. Why he struggled with crowds of people, why he was afraid of himself etc. And in Sentry's words.
He was cleaned of his Agoraphobic nightmare after being burnt in the Sun. Reborn again and again until his curse was lifted.
So on that front I don't believe Fernus could utilize them memories to affect him as they are intrinsically related to Sentry when he was affected by his mental illness.
Which is all the time but in different degrees of severity.
This sounds like I am being rude but I don't mean it in that way. I just sort of think Fernus can't exploit this certain thing. He'd be better trying to exploit nerve signals and such (but like I said we have the whole theory of a theory thing).
So while I am not stating Fernus couldn't at all affect him. I am just saying he couldn't effect Robert by going down that one avenue. It is a completely different Sentry now.
He would be better of trying other things.