Game: Match and exceed - tiers version

Started by Philosophía1 pages

Game: Match and exceed - tiers version

So..

Rules.

For reference:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t447826.html

I will post a feat.

The next poster will have to post a feat as close to that as possible, from a character in the same tier. Then, he can either choose to post another scan exceeding the previous two, and the next poster will have to match that, or he can use another ability of the character he's representing to shift the discussion in that direction. Any ability goes, but to keep it fun, try to make them more generic, so that we don't narrow it down too much.

Example:
I post Alfred lifting a table.
You post Jarvis lifting approximately the same weight and a scan of Jarvis either lifting something heavier than a table or a Jarvis speed feat.
If you post a speed feat, the next poster will have to match that speed feat [using a character of the same tier], and either then post a scan upping it, or move to durability feats, and so on.

Once a character's feat has been posted, nobody else can use that specific character for the remainder of the thread, until the cycle starts again. If somebody shows Thing lifting 95 tons, and somebody else shows Namor lifting 100, neither Thing or Namor can be used for the remainder of the cycle.

If we run out of characters in the current tier, we move to the lowest we can from the next one, while still within the rules of match/exceed. It's better to move on, than to post "meh, not really matching it" so keep that in mind.

Once we reach the end, we'll start again.

quote the post you're responding to.

There will be 0 debating, even if you disagree that the feat was matched or not.

The purpose is to stay as close to the previous poster as possible, even if your decision is to up his previous feat. So if, using the previous example, Jarvis has lifted a car, try not to use that as a feat, but rather a tire or something.

I will start:

Catwoman catching a falling person by her whip.

Electra saves Catwoman from falling to death by catching Catwoman and supporting Catwoman's weight via Catwoman's own whip.

With one hand.

Source: Marvel versus DC #3
Circa 1996

If you are unable to read, think or follow the rules, please refrain from posting.

You've moved two tiers up (Catwoman = low street, Elektra = high-street), and you didn't even post a follow-up feat for the next poster to match.

Next poster, please ignore bluewaterrider (in general..)

Black Widow grabbing a man that appears to be mid 200 in weight and toss him over her head as if he was nothing.

Come back ft...

I am staying within the same tier. Natasha rips the arm of a robot off with ease.

👆 exactly like that, carver

I'll let somebody else post the response to yours and if not, I'll do so.

Originally posted by bluewaterrider
Electra

. . .

I see you spelling her name one more time like that and I swear I'm gonna eat you.

Originally posted by bluewaterrider
Electra saves Catwoman from falling to death by catching Catwoman and supporting Catwoman's weight via Catwoman's own whip.

With one hand.

Source: Marvel versus DC #3
Circa 1996


Good scan, BWR. I'd forgotten about that matchup.
In the grand scheme, theyre both just hot street levelers, which is why they got paired up in the book, so nice call. 🙂 👆

Originally posted by riv6672
Good scan, BWR. I'd forgotten about that matchup.
In the grand scheme, theyre both just hot street levelers, which is why they got paired up in the book, so nice call. 🙂 👆

Thanks, Riv.

I wondered if Phil forgot he CAN'T be quoted in the conventional way on this board because of the special character in his name, and that anyone not in the know about him or why this is so might think he was pranking them and just move on. Then again, I suspect he can't have that much respect for the rules if he's member bashing like he tried to do with me, which is explicitly against them.

Nevertheless, I think the overall thread idea is a good one, and am curious to see how it develops.

Having exceeded Selina's feat of strength, I'll switch categories to Catwoman's fight prowess against a much stronger and tougher opponent, in this case, the superhuman Barbara Minerva, a.k.a. the Cheetah:

Source: Catwoman #78, Volume 2.
Circa: 2002-2004

I'll present a street level fighter matching or exceeding this showing myself if no one has an answer for it.

Originally posted by carver9
Black Widow grabbing a man that appears to be mid 200 in weight and toss him over her head as if he was nothing.

*skip

Come back ft...

I am staying within the same tier. Natasha rips the arm of a robot off with ease.

*skip*

Ok carver.

Unusable characters from the low-street tier up until now:
Catwoman
Black Widow

Staying in the same tier..

Batroc kicks open a vault door:

I'll switch it up to speed. Batroc dodges arrows from Hawkeye:

Thanks, Riv.

Welcome.

wondered if Phil forgot he CAN'T be quoted in the conventional way

Pretty sure it doesnt bother hom after all this time.

Nevertheless, I think the overall thread idea is a good one, and am curious to see how it develops.

Well, threads go where they go, or so i've been told here when i try and steer any of my threads in the direction i want them to go.
Right now this is about street levelers, i'm not going to tryvand differentiate high-medium-low. They're frikkin' street level.

Hawkeye dodges bullets.

Cyclops clears a pool table.

I'll switch it up to speed. Batroc dodges arrows from Hawkeye:

White Tiger tags the speedster Blue Streak:

Striking Power Hurts a Herald:

^^^already did that with Hawkeye dodging bullets numbnertz.

Aaaaaanyway, matching Blue Streak w. Joystick tagging Speed Demon:

Strikinga herald w. striking the FF:

switching to skill.
Cyclops clears a pool table.

Originally posted by Supermutant
White Tiger tags the speedster Blue Streak:

Striking Power Hurts a Herald:

Unusable characters from the low-street tier up until now:
Catwoman
Black Widow
Batroc
White Tiger

Hm. I will switch up a tier.

I choose Wildcat.

Hurts [and eventually defeats] Solomon Grundy:

Switching it up to durability.

Takes a blast from a Magog [i.e. trans-ish]:

switching to skill.
Cyclops clears a pool table.

Please, stop trying to derail the thread. It's bad enough you picked an example that doesn't even fit the OP, but spamming just makes it worse.

Originally posted by riv6672
Cyclops clears a pool table.


How the Hell did every ball go strait in with no bank!?

Originally posted by darthgoober
How the Hell did every ball go strait in with no bank!?
comic book logic

Originally posted by darthgoober
How the Hell did every ball go strait in with no bank!?

^^^spatial awareness.
Originally posted by -Pr-
Please, stop trying to derail the thread. It's bad enough you picked an example that doesn't even fit the OP, but spamming just makes it worse.

Okey dokey 👆