Dr. Doom vs Wonder Woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Who wins?

r0nm0n88
with no prep doom loses

iceman24567
Doom loses only to win in the bed afterwards

Mindset
Doom punches her face off.

quanchi112
Originally posted by r0nm0n88
with no prep doom loses Yep.

JakeTheBank
Wonder Woman for the majority.

BattleMage
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Wonder Woman for the majority. Doom beg's to differ!

Konton
Diana every time.

Mindset
Originally posted by Konton
Diana every time. fanboy

Q99
What?

Unless Doom has some major prep, he's outclassed in strength, speed, defense, and fighting ability. His armor's no match for Wonder Woman.

Mindset
Originally posted by Q99
What?

Unless Doom has some major prep, he's outclassed in strength, speed, defense, and fighting ability. His armor's no match for Wonder Woman. Fanboy's fanboy friend.

manx422
Dr. Doom is over rated

BattleMage
Originally posted by manx422
Dr. Doom is over rated roll eyes (sarcastic)

Martian_mind
The one with the nicest ass wins.

There, now anyone who says Doom is also announcing their latent homosexuality.

BattleMage
Doom beats her. Why? He knows all about the amazon princess, This fight would not go the way you all think. He's not going to physically fight her he's gonna beat her with brains!

Mindset
So MM and I are in agreement, Doom wins.

Q99
Originally posted by BattleMage
Doom beats her. Why? He knows all about the amazon princess,

Uh, different universes? smile

I do agree that if he did win, it's definitely be brains and prep.

Martian_mind
Originally posted by Mindset
So MM and I are in agreement, Doom wins.

A witty retort was in the works, but i decided to just sit back and role with it.

You're the little spoon.

Parmaniac
Fanboy's fanboy friend.
laughing
Dr. Doom is over rated
fanboy

Blanket
Doom gets put in the lasso, and pulls so that WW gets KO'ed flying into Doom's head.

Warlord
Doom

DTM
With intel and prep Doom wins, without it and he falls in the end. (and this from a Doom fanboy) smile

tideoftime
Just really don't get the WW hate around here...

Objectively, the answer is obvious: In a standard forum fight, Doom goes down, and goes down hard. With time and prep, he can get the drop on her and/or utilize some exotic weapon/attack to overcome her or get her by surprise.

Ready, Go, Fight: Wonder Woman 10/10

Time and Prep: Doctor Doom 8/10

scifinut
after Doom defeated the Marquis of Death, didn't he get a massive upgrade? if so and Morgan Le Fay's teachings, he might not need prep to beat WW.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by scifinut
after Doom defeated the Marquis of Death, didn't he get a massive upgrade? if so, he might not need prep to beat WW.

People seem to ignore that for some reason... after that arc he should wtf stomp WW but i guess were using normal doomy...

Blanket
Originally posted by Lord Feron
People seem to ignore that for some reason... after that arc he should wtf stomp WW but i guess were using normal doomy... Who would still wtf stomp Wondy

Mindset
thumb up

WickedDynamite
Dr. Doom is over rated

Blanket
Originally posted by WickedDynamite
Dr Doom is from Marvel.

WickedDynamite
Originally posted by Blanket

Wonder Woman is from DC

Blanket
I don't hate the company though. smile

WickedDynamite
Just the characters, right? smile

Blanket
Nope

WickedDynamite
Just playin....

vansonbee
People seem to ignore that for some reason... after that arc he should wtf stomp WW but i guess were using normal doomy... I wonder this as well, seem the timeline doesn't mingle well with current prologue leading up to Seige.

confused

Doom loses if this isn't post Marquis of Death DOOM.

Mindset
Nah, Doom still wins.

Q99
Originally posted by tideoftime
Just really don't get the WW hate around here...

Objectively, the answer is obvious: In a standard forum fight, Doom goes down, and goes down hard. With time and prep, he can get the drop on her and/or utilize some exotic weapon/attack to overcome her or get her by surprise.

I don't either.

It's not like Doom even considers taking on Marvel characters that are in that rough power range like Thor in a strait fight. Doom's too smart to think that he'd take Diana in a direct brawl.

~~~

What kind of upgrades does he get in Marquis of Death?

shiv
Doombot wins with prep.

Classic Doom wins a slight majority w/o prep

Any Version of the TechnoMage with prep is spite against Wondy.

Q99
I'll note Diana's pretty darn good against magic.

Also, could a pro-Doom person elaborate on their arguments more? Physically, Doom's around Iron Man's level, Tony has often been a solo-foe of Doom.

Diana stomps Iron Man.

So... what am I missing? Talking about no-prep of course.

shiv
k. not sure I qualify as a pro doom person but for what its worth

book doom jobbs. forum doom doesn't

also Dr Doom - (pis & hubris) is equal to Doom + (pis & hubris)

Q99
Originally posted by shiv
k. not sure I qualify as a pro doom person but for what its worth

book doom jobbs. forum doom doesn't

also Dr Doom - (pis & hubris) is equal to Doom + (pis & hubris)

I don't think it's a matter of jobbing. Wonder Woman's many times stronger and faster than him and one of the most skilled combatants on the planet, without prep isn't that a really sure win?

SamZED
logically ww should win, but couldnt Doom just bfr her into another dimention or time?

Q99
Originally posted by SamZED
logically ww should win, but couldnt Doom just bfr her into another dimention or time?

If he had a dimension portal or something similar from his lab, that'd definitely be one of the obvious moves.

OneDumbG0
^ Psst... he has magic that does that.

Also, Wonderwoman is no Sentry.

Konton
Originally posted by SamZED

Except there is Diana's being faster than his comprehension, Diana's huge magic resistance, and Diana's one hit KO arsenal.

OneDumbG0
^ First, Diana doesn't wtfomgsuperspeedblitz at the beginning of battles. In fact, she almost exclusively uses her superspeed for defensive purposes. Second, Diana's "huge magic resistance" won't negate her being BFR'ed into the past or somehow allow her to break the Crimson Bands of Cytorrak. Third, Diana's got nothing that will one-shot Doom as Wonderwoman is no Sentry.

Wei Phoenix
WW wraps him in the lasso of truth and asks him what made him think he could actually beat her. Doom replies "Because I'm a man and you're a woman, it should be obvious." This causes the lasso to break and WW passes out.

tideoftime
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ First, Diana doesn't wtfomgsuperspeedblitz at the beginning of battles. In fact, she almost exclusively uses her superspeed for defensive purposes. Second, Diana's "huge magic resistance" won't negate her being BFR'ed into the past or somehow allow her to break the Crimson Bands of Cytorrak. Third, Diana's got nothing that will one-shot Doom as Wonderwoman is no Sentry.

Over the past three years or so of comics, Diana has used her speed in a more aggressive manner than in previous incarnations (though she does still primarily use it defensively), and Diana's lasso is the key to "one-shot" almost anyone; the lasso doesn't just force a lassoed being to speak/understand Truth, but also renders them incapable of acting in any real manner, particularly in terms of battle. If she can get the lasso on him (which, granted, is not a definite, as he could have possible defenses, though the lasso bypasses many types of protection), then it's either over, or he is held long enough for her to beat him into unconciousness. And even amped Doom doesn't have the immediate power to BFR her as a definite (just as her lassoing him isn't an automatic given).

I still stand with my original odds:
Spontaneous fight - WW 10/10
Prep/Time - DD 8/10 (keep in mind that means Diana has prep, as well, and I still firmly believe Doom would own her most of the time with prep, even with her preped, as well).

Mindset
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
WW wraps him in the lasso of truth and asks him what made him think he could actually beat her. Doom replies "Because I'm a man and you're a woman, it should be obvious." This causes the lasso to break and WW passes out. laughing out loud

tkitna
I dont like Wonder Woman so she loses

tkitna
Diana's got nothing that will one-shot Doom as Wonderwoman is no Sentry.

This

Q99
Third, Diana's got nothing that will one-shot Doom as Wonderwoman is no Sentry.

So the main argument is massive underestimating of her abilities. She's a smidge below Superman. Doom's at Iron Man level.

It's also not like she's going to be caught by surprise by magic/is going to sit back and let him cast, she has some pretty powerful magic users as enemies and the lasso can be used to stop that from going on.

Doom needs prep.

Blanket
I like how you're questioning people's rating of WW, and then claim Doom is Iron Man level...

Doom's basic suit is Extremis Iron Man level, but then you equate in magic...

JakeTheBank
Tony has also conceded that Doom's armor and understanding of tech is beyond his.

IMO, it's actually pretty even based on feats and showings. Doom w/o prep doesn't exist; he's prepared for pretty much anything on hand thanks to his suit and his magic. Either one is more than capable of besting the other one-on-one in a random encounter. Giving Doom actual time to prepare makes it spite.

Q99
Originally posted by Blanket
I like how you're questioning people's rating of WW, and then claim Doom is Iron Man level...

Doom's basic suit is Extremis Iron Man level, but then you equate in magic...

Uh, I did say "Am I missing something?" earlier and didn't get much elaboration.

Tony's taken down Doom's suit with his pre-Extremis suits. So has Thing.

Even Extremis is < WW by a fair amount, of course.

My problem is people aren't actually saying why Doom's winning, they're just saying he does.

Seriously? Because I don't see Dr. Doom going toe-to-toe with Superman or Captain Marvel any time soon, which Diana's done on a good half-dozen + occasions.

Did I miss a powerup where he *massively* improved his gear or something?

He has his standard bag of tricks, but then he has really prepped of going to his lab and whipping up something specifically.

Uh, again, am I missing something? The suit's no-where near WW level last time I checked, and Diana can face down godly level magic. One of her most common foes is a millenia-old magic user.

Has Doom ever gone toe-to-toe with Thor, Gladiator, etc.? With just what he has on hand? To the best of my knowledge, he has not, and if he had reason to, he always brings a lot more than just his armor and standard capabilities.

More specifically he's conceded that Doom's understanding of tech is beyond his and if Doom spent as much time as him on armor he *could* make one much beyond him, but because Tony's so much more focused the Doom suit doesn't outmatch the Iron Man one particularly.

redhotrash
Wonder Woman is no Sentry, you are right. She has actually won a few fights in the last year. Sentry has NO h2h skills, no killer instinct, and no likable traits. The guy is a bum that writers apparently are trying to salvage 6 months too late.

Survivor19
Does Doom gets the Destroyer armor powered by the DOOM'S power?

WickedDynamite

Also, Wonderwoman is no Sentry.

Thank God! Sentry is as overreated as Doom.

Tha C-Master
Doom does get a bit wanked on the boards, like Thanos as they're both awesome characters. I think it is all out of good humor though. He doesn't win in a straight up fist fight. With prep he does, very simple.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Q99

Did I miss a powerup where he *massively* improved his gear or something?

He has his standard bag of tricks, but then he has really prepped of going to his lab and whipping up something specifically.

Uh, again, am I missing something? The suit's no-where near WW level last time I checked, and Diana can face down godly level magic. One of her most common foes is a millenia-old magic user.

Recently with the Marquis of Death, it is revelead that Doom is now atleast a mid level reality manipulator that can easily traverse dimensions, kill watchers, (did I say he could warp reality?)... doom WTF stomps WW as if she was ****ing fly.

But if you want to use NOT THE CURRENT DOOM which is against forum rules but apparently nobody cares. SO yeah if were gonna break forum rules..WW can beat Doom in a random encounter.

Q99
Recently with the Marquis of Death, it is revelead that Doom is now atleast a mid level reality manipulator that can easily traverse dimensions, kill watchers, (did I say he could warp reality?)... doom WTF stomps WW as if she was ****ing fly.

But if you want to use NOT THE CURRENT DOOM which is against forum rules but apparently nobody cares. SO yeah if were gonna break forum rules..WW can beat Doom in a random encounter.

So he's like a hundred times more powerful than classic Doom?

Like I said, I didn't know this and you're the first person to bring it up at all.

So I'll just say "my arguments hold true for 90% of Dr. Doom's versions out there, but not the new uber reality warper one."

Mindset
Nah, any Doom wins.

shiv
Nah, any Doom wins.

QFT.

Originally posted by Q99 "my arguments ignorance holds true for 90% of Dr. Doom versions out there"

fixed.

Q99
Repeating that isn't the same as giving a reason, you know.

OneDumbG0
^ You clearly think Dr. Doom is just a guy in a robot suit or an Ironman-clone. The amount of education you require to undo your distorted preconceptions isn't really worth the effort. And in all fairness, the effort should be on your part, not ours. Check my sig, go look at the respect thread.Originally posted by Q99
Tony's taken down Doom's suit with his pre-Extremis suits. So has Thing.Not even once can I recall when Ironman's armor has taken out Doom's armor. Originally posted by Q99
My problem is people aren't actually saying why Doom's winning, they're just saying he does.

Seriously? Because I don't see Dr. Doom going toe-to-toe with Superman or Captain Marvel any time soon, which Diana's done on a good half-dozen + occasions.

Did I miss a powerup where he *massively* improved his gear or something?Crimson Bands of Cytorrak. Magic BFR into the past. Any number of plot device gadgets that he can carry with him.

Newsflash: Doom's fended off foes on Superman and Captain Marvel's level before.

In all honesty, you actually did.

Q99
^ You clearly think Dr. Doom is just a guy in a robot suit or an Ironman-clone. The amount of education you require to undo your distorted preconceptions isn't really worth the effort.

No, I think Doom is a super-genius with a lot of capabilities and an armor that's not far from Iron Man's in physical capabilities and solid magic on top. Dr. Doom was a reoccurring foe back in the old Iron Man comic too, Tony has fought him on several occasions and it's not a spite.

A search for IM vs Doom threads also reveals pretty split decisions as well.

In my view, Doom *starts out* at Iron Man level, or somewhat above really thanks to magic, and raises the more prep time he has.

Let's forget Iron Man for a second too. The members of the Fantastic Four have KOed Victor a few times, Thing included, especially in the classic stuff. WW's a lot stronger than any of the Four. I'm under the impression that's his armor's roughly that level of toughness, and no-one's bringing up counter examples.

Dr. Doom as far as I'm aware is a massive threat but physically I don't think he's classically on a level with Wonder Woman and while I don't require a ton of examples at least one or two incidents of him fighting someone at or near her level physically would be nice.

To quote your own respect thread, "Most times, his armor's strength is on display when he trades blows with the Thing."

The ones making the claims need to back them up. I've explained why I have my view, but neither you nor others are explaining what's wrong with it.

Repeating "Doom will win" is simply not an argument.

Yea, plot device gadgets. *Prep*. No-one's arguing against him winning with that sort of thing. I'm talking throw-down, standard gear.

A lasso and bracers that block magic, and senses that detect it combined with super speed to interrupt or avoid spells he's casting. One of her big foes is Circe, it's not like Wonder Woman doesn't take on Doom level magic foes on a regular basis either, it's one of the most common things she faces.

He's never beaten them in a brawl in his classic armor, though. That's what plot device gadgets are for. If you have a counter example, please bring it up, because I am honestly willing to listen.

Yes, the reality warper thing is new to me.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Q99
No, I think Doom is a super-genius with a lot of capabilities and an armor that's not far from Iron Man's in physical capabilities and solid magic on top. Dr. Doom was a reoccurring foe back in the old Iron Man comic too, Tony has fought him on several occasions and it's not a spite.

A search for IM vs Doom threads also reveals pretty split decisions as well.

In my view, Doom *starts out* at Iron Man level, or somewhat above really thanks to magic, and raises the more prep time he has.Ironman =/= Doom. At all. Not even in the armor department pre-Extremis. If you read Doom at all or their fights, you'd see that clearly.
Originally posted by Q99
Let's forget Iron Man for a second too. The members of the Fantastic Four have KOed Victor a few times, Thing included, especially in the classic stuff. WW's a lot stronger than any of the Four. I'm under the impression that's his armor's roughly that level of toughness, and no-one's bringing up counter examples.

Dr. Doom as far as I'm aware is a massive threat but physically I don't think he's classically on a level with Wonder Woman and while I don't require a ton of examples at least one or two incidents of him fighting someone at or near her level physically would be nice.Yes, because we use classic Doctor Doom in this thread who didn't even have a gas filter on in his earliest appearances. Yes, that makes sense.

That's what the respect thread is for. I spoon-feed infants, not grown people who can click on links and read for themselves.
Originally posted by Q99
To quote your own respect thread, "Most times, his armor's strength is on display when he trades blows with the Thing."

The ones making the claims need to back them up. I've explained why I have my view, but neither you nor others are explaining what's wrong with it.

Repeating "Doom will win" is simply not an argument.Yea... as a precursor to him shattering a friggin diamond in the palm of his hand. It's called LOOK AT THE NEXT LINK. Originally posted by Q99
Yea, plot device gadgets. *Prep*. No-one's arguing against him winning with that sort of thing. I'm talking throw-down, standard gear.

A lasso and bracers that block magic, and senses that detect it combined with super speed to interrupt or avoid spells he's casting. One of her big foes is Circe, it's not like Wonder Woman doesn't take on Doom level magic foes on a regular basis either, it's one of the most common things she faces.Not really. His devices are carried on his person and most of them are built into his armor. Try reading.

Bracers aren't going to block the Crimson Bands of Cytorrak from appearing around her and entrapping her. Bracers aren't going to undo her being thrown into 1,000,000 B.C. Originally posted by Q99
He's never beaten them in a brawl in his classic armor, though. That's what plot device gadgets are for. If you have a counter example, please bring it up, because I am honestly willing to listen.

Yes, the reality warper thing is new to me. Who ini god's name is saying Doom will win in a brawl?

Q99
Yes, because we use classic Doctor Doom in this thread who didn't even have a gas filter on in his earliest appearances. Yes, that makes sense.

I'm not talking that far back.

Shattering a diamond's pretty trivial next to her strength, she can lift millions of tons.

They're carried on his person, but he swaps them out as needed and doesn't carry them all around with him. Looking at the respect thread, I don't think most of the ones built into his armor and shown being used on multiple occasions will do.

Which ones does he carry as standard gear, rather than a special purpose device, that'll grant a win in your opinion?

No, but superspeed out of the way will. Wrapping someone with the lasso prevents spellcasting.

You were, apparently by accident, because I'm definitely arguing she beats him physically.

So the basis of our disagreement would seem to be, when you're talking "no prep," you're still including Doom with a variety of his special devices and such, and I'm not, would it be fair to say?

Btw, thanks for talking. Even if it's a bit hostile in tone, it's better than not getting an explanation.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Q99
I'm not talking that far back.

Shattering a diamond's pretty trivial next to her strength, she can lift millions of tons.You would have to be talking that far back in order to find an instance of Thing taking down Doom.

Remember why you brought up strength. You act like Doom could never physically resist Wonderwoman or people on her level (ignoring even for the moment that you somehow ignore his forcefields, his attacks and etc.). You brought up people like Thing. Doom laughs off Thing punches. Thing can't crush diamonds in his hands. Neither can Colossus. You've vastly underestimated Doom's strength. Originally posted by Q99
They're carried on his person, but he swaps them out as needed and doesn't carry them all around with him. Looking at the respect thread, I don't think most of the ones built into his armor and shown being used on multiple occasions will do.

Which ones does he carry as standard gear, rather than a special purpose device, that'll grant a win in your opinion?What you think would hurt Wonderwoman is irrelevant. You asserted he required prep in order to use his devices. Clearly you were misinformed.

I'm correcting your misinformation. I'm not going to argue with you over what you would approve of as helping Doom win. You clearly are attempting to argue past me since I never even suggested that he has a device that alone would grant him a win. Originally posted by Q99
No, but superspeed out of the way will. Wrapping someone with the lasso prevents spellcasting.

You were, apparently by accident, because I'm definitely arguing she beats him physically.

So the basis of our disagreement would seem to be, when you're talking "no prep," you're still including Doom with a variety of his special devices and such, and I'm not, would it be fair to say?

Btw, thanks for talking. Even if it's a bit hostile in tone, it's better than not getting an explanation. Crimson Bands of Cytorrak don't chase down opponents. They trap them, instantly. If you have proof to the contrary, by all means show me. That's how they've always worked when I've seen them cast. Lassos can certainly help shatter forcefields, but I've never seen them completely bypass them.

By ignoring all of Doom's attacks, defenses and ability to hold his own physically.

The basis of the disagreement is I don't think you know what you're talking about.

Yea, it does sound hostile. But suggesting that Ironman and Thing take down Doom or that Doom has never had to physically encounter Superman-level foes, etc. doesn't leave me much room to do anything but quickly and unsubtley point out how much I disagree with you when you make such statements. As it happens, the rest of your general opinions on how the fight would go pretty much completely revolve around those falsities. So I treat them in the same manner.

Q99
I didn't have the impression he 'laughed them off', but I'll take your word for it.

Still, are you saying it's anywhere near Diana's?

I think he'd need prep to grab a device that could specifically take down Diana. He has devices built in to his armor aplenty and I don't think he needs anything to use them, I just don't think those in his standard setup is up for this kind of task, and 'no prep' means standard setup to me.

I'm trying to pin down what you're saying he'd use in a fight. What are you suggesting he's using to win? His magic?

The bands don't chase, but if Doom starts casting and then Diana uses her superspeed to wrap him in a lasso, then the spell is cancelled, it's not going to complete. I've also never seen them cast on someone the caster doesn't know the location of, so if she uses her superspeed to be somewhere else, I think it wouldn't work.

The main thing is one cannot cast while tied with the lasso. It shuts down casters. Using superspeed to interrupt casting is another thing.

I'm not saying Thing takes him down in a 1-on-1 fight, or that Doom has never physically encountered such a foe. I'm saying that Thing is capable of causing noticeable damage to him in a physical battle and he's never physically taken down Superman-class foes with his default set up.

Sure it does- you could point out times when he has.

"Hey, he fought Thor with just his normal armor once and didn't just hold him off, but took him down" would work.

Otherwise it isn't arguing, it's just contradicting.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Q99
I didn't have the impression he 'laughed them off', but I'll take your word for it.

Still, are you saying it's anywhere near Diana's?He barely registered a reaction if that's what you mean. I guess that's more appropriate.

No. And nobody suggested it had to be. But it's enough when combined with his weapons, forcefields, magic, etc. that she'd be working for a win. Hard. Originally posted by Q99
I think he'd need prep to grab a device that could specifically take down Diana. He has devices built in to his armor aplenty and I don't think he needs anything to use them, I just don't think those in his standard setup is up for this kind of task, and 'no prep' means standard setup to me.

I'm trying to pin down what you're saying he'd use in a fight. What are you suggesting he's using to win? His magic?Nobody's arguing that Doom would go grab a device to one-shot Wonderwoman with. But just because his standard devices and his plethora of built-in weapons in his armor don't one-shot Wonderwoman instantly, doesn't mean they're completely useless.

Magic is the easiest thing. Or Ovoid Mind Transfer for the insta-win and locking up his own armor with her in it. Originally posted by Q99
The bands don't chase, but if Doom starts casting and then Diana uses her superspeed to wrap him in a lasso, then the spell is cancelled, it's not going to complete. I've also never seen them cast on someone the caster doesn't know the location of, so if she uses her superspeed to be somewhere else, I think it wouldn't work.

The main thing is one cannot cast while tied with the lasso. It shuts down casters. Using superspeed to interrupt casting is another thing.Standard setting is they're on a battle-field facing each other. He knows where she is. And nobody knows that Doom uses magic. Hell, even Ironman forgets it all the time.

Even assuming she can even insta-penetrate his forcefields before he finishes casting, I don't see how Wonderwoman would even have this plan in mind according to basic knowledge. She knows he's dangerous, a dictator and possesses a reknowned intellect. He knows she's super powerful near Superman-level. How does this translate to her thinking in a random encounter, "I must insta-penetrate his forcefields right now and tie him down before he can finish casting a magic spell!" ?????
Originally posted by Q99
I'm not saying Thing takes him down in a 1-on-1 fight, or that Doom has never physically encountered such a foe. I'm saying that Thing is capable of causing noticeable damage to him in a physical battle and he's never physically taken down Superman-class foes with his default set up.

Sure it does- you could point out times when he has.

"Hey, he fought Thor with just his normal armor once and didn't just hold him off, but took him down" would work.

Otherwise it isn't arguing, it's just contradicting. You did say that though. You said those things several times. Except for the last one. You're pretending like you've been saying that the whole time. And Thing can't do squat to him physically.

The list of fights he has isn't very long and I labelled them by name. You pick out who you think is appropriate because we are clearly not operating on the same wavelength here. That's eminently clear when you suggest that I could simply say, "Oh, here's a time Doom beat Thor physically." as if it would end this. First off, that wasn't even the premise you started with. You said he's never gone up physically against anybody like Superman or Captain Marvel. I corrected you and responded he has in fact, fended off several foes on that level. Now you're trying to backtrack and switch your position into suggesting that in order for me to prove my assertion I must produce an instance where he actually beats a Superman-level foe physically. This isn't even subtle. It's blatant and the exact reason why I'm simply correcting you rather than "acquiescing" to your so-called "simple innocent requests for info," because you pretend to make one argument and when faced with a simple rebuttal, demand a wholly different set of circumstances and act like you haven't completely switched gears. This has occurred on several different issues you profess to be discussing. Try sticking with the parameters of an argument you yourself set up.

Otherwise it isn't arguing, it's semantic nonsense.

Q99
Fun fact: Wonder Woman's super senses detect magic. She doesn't need to know squat ahead of time, she can sense it.

Also spells can't penetrate her lasso either, so she could spin it around herself and it'd bounce, it's a method she's used to protect others from magic before. The aegis field of her bracers might work too.

Also she could just zoom out of sight.

And her tiara can slice through anything, including force fields. She might be able to just use her brute strength too.

She is kinda not lacking in options here.

I said that Thing is a threat to him... and I'm under the impression that for most of Doom's lifespan, he is capable of hurting him.

The respect thread scans don't support the 'Thing can't hurt Doom' position either. http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Doom%20Fights/DoomvsFF12.jpg "The only time Doom stood against me this long was when he stole Surfer's power". Now, he's had a lot of upgrades since then of course, I'm pretty sure by the 90s he's the stronger of the two, but at that point his armor was weaker than Thing.

And none of them in the respect thread have him doing so without stuff beyond his normal gear.

Heck, the scans support my position:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Doom%20Fights/DoomvsIronMan06.jpg -Iron Man decks Doom and it clearly hurts.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/...oomvsThor02.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/...oomvsThor03.jpg

Doom in his own lab and expecting Thor, he holds off Thor for almost a minute but Thor's pretty much unhurt. He lost a prep fight!

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Doom%20Fights/DoomvsHulk02.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Doom%20Fights/DoomvsHulk03.jpg

Victor has trouble hitting Hulk (who's a lot easier to hit than Diana! Who has actual super speed) and is overpowered- even with his forcefield.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Doom%20Fights/DoomvsNamor22.jpg -Namor defeats Doom's armor.

Honestly going deeper into the respect threat makes me more confused about your position than anything else. It doesn't make me think it's obvious that Doom'll win- it's full of Doom having trouble with people of a lot less power and relying on power syphons, one-off gadgets, and so on, whenever fighting people near Wonder Woman's level, and without them he can generally delay them at best. His best shot is magic, which he tends not to pull as often as tech, and she's very well suited to countering for a variety of reasons.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Q99
Fun fact: Wonder Woman's super senses detect magic. She doesn't need to know squat ahead of time, she can sense it.

Also spells can't penetrate her lasso either, so she could spin it around herself and it'd bounce, it's a method she's used to protect others from magic before. The aegis field of her bracers might work too.

Also she could just zoom out of sight. Fun task: Show me where Wonderwoman senses magic, panics and immediately decides to respond with a superomgwtfspeedblitz combined with a lasso attack.

She can't spin the lasso around if her arms are pinned by the Crimson Bands. Wonderwoman can be touched from behind despite her aegis shield effect protecting her front side.

Yes, because she would BFR herself and run away every single time she "senses" her opponent is about to cast a magic spell. What Wonderwoman comics are you reading? Originally posted by Q99
And her tiara can slice through anything, including force fields. She might be able to just use her brute strength too.

She is kinda not lacking in options here.Tiara hasn't shown to bypass forcefields. Ever. It can slice through stuff. Powerful in its own right, sure. Instantly destroying Doom's forcefield? Not really. As for her brute strength, she wouldn't get past it before Doom can cast a spell. Wonderwoman is no Sentry. Originally posted by Q99
I said that Thing is a threat to him... and I'm under the impression that for most of Doom's lifespan, he is capable of hurting him.

The respect thread scans don't support the 'Thing can't hurt Doom' position either. http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Doom%20Fights/DoomvsFF12.jpg "The only time Doom stood against me this long was when he stole Surfer's power". Now, he's had a lot of upgrades since then of course, I'm pretty sure by the 90s he's the stronger of the two, but at that point his armor was weaker than Thing.No. Not at all.

Pay attention: In that scan, Thing is having trouble battling a Doombot. Yeah. That's a Doombot, not even Doom. So in the 80's Thing was already having trouble with Doombots. Brownie points for trying though. You are in fact, looking through the Respect Thread for what it's worth.
Originally posted by Q99
And none of them in the respect thread have him doing so without stuff beyond his normal gear.

Heck, the scans support my position:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Doom%20Fights/DoomvsIronMan06.jpg -Iron Man decks Doom and it clearly hurts.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/...oomvsThor02.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/...oomvsThor03.jpg

Doom in his own lab and expecting Thor, he holds off Thor for almost a minute but Thor's pretty much unhurt. He lost a prep fight!

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Doom%20Fights/DoomvsHulk02.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Doom%20Fights/DoomvsHulk03.jpg

Victor has trouble hitting Hulk (who's a lot easier to hit than Diana! Who has actual super speed) and is overpowered- even with his forcefield.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Doom%20Fights/DoomvsNamor22.jpg -Namor defeats Doom's armor.Doom not expecting a physical punch and getting punched once when he geared himself towards repelling energy attacks means what exactly?

Thor smashed Doom's machines. You make it sound like he didn't hurt Thor at all. Read the scans again, chuckles. And what you fail to realize it again proves you wrong when you suggested that Doom's never taken on Wonderwoman-level foes before.

Do you have any idea how old that fight against Savage Hulk is? And what you fail to realize it again proves you wrong when you suggested that Doom's never taken on Wonderwoman-level foes before.

Bloodlusted Namor. In. The. Water. Namor's one-shotted Extremis Ironman and beaten Savage Hulk in the water. And Doom's being double-teamed. And you're acting like this proves Doom isn't superior by a wide margin on Ironman and can't hang with foes on Wonderwoman's level? Originally posted by Q99
Honestly going deeper into the respect threat makes me more confused about your position than anything else. It doesn't make me think it's obvious that Doom'll win- it's full of Doom having trouble with people of a lot less power and relying on power syphons, one-off gadgets, and so on, whenever fighting people near Wonder Woman's level, and without them he can generally delay them at best. His best shot is magic, which he tends not to pull as often as tech, and she's very well suited to countering for a variety of reasons. If you think Dr. Doom doesn't pull the magic card often, you're an idiot. I mean, that sounds mean. But really. That's just idiotic. And holding Wonderwoman off momentarily is all he needs to finish casting his spells or catching her gaze for the Ovoid Mind transfer or BFR'ing her through time, etc.

shiv
Fun task: Show me where Wonderwoman senses magic, panics and immediately decides to respond with a superomgwtfspeedblitz combined with a lasso attack.

She can't spin the lasso around if her arms are pinned by the Crimson Bands. Wonderwoman can be touched from behind despite her aegis shield effect protecting her front side.

Yes, because she would BFR herself and run away every single time she "senses" her opponent is about to cast a magic spell. What Wonderwoman comics are you reading? Tiara hasn't shown to bypass forcefields. Ever. It can slice through stuff. Powerful in its own right, sure. Instantly destroying Doom's forcefield? Not really. As for her brute strength, she wouldn't get past it before Doom can cast a spell. Wonderwoman is no Sentry. No. Not at all.

Pay attention: In that scan, Thing is having trouble battling a Doombot. Yeah. That's a Doombot, not even Doom. So in the 80's Thing was already having trouble with Doombots. Brownie points for trying though. You are in fact, looking through the Respect Thread for what it's worth.
Doom not expecting a physical punch and getting punched once when he geared himself towards repelling energy attacks means what exactly?

Thor smashed Doom's machines. You make it sound like he didn't hurt Thor at all. Read the scans again, chuckles. And what you fail to realize it again proves you wrong when you suggested that Doom's never taken on Wonderwoman-level foes before.

Do you have any idea how old that fight against Savage Hulk is? And what you fail to realize it again proves you wrong when you suggested that Doom's never taken on Wonderwoman-level foes before.

Bloodlusted Namor. In. The. Water. Namor's one-shotted Extremis Ironman and beaten Savage Hulk in the water. And Doom's being double-teamed. And you're acting like this proves Doom isn't superior by a wide margin on Ironman and can't hang with foes on Wonderwoman's level? If you think Dr. Doom doesn't pull the magic card often, you're an idiot. I mean, that sounds mean. But really. That's just idiotic. And holding Wonderwoman off momentarily is all he needs to finish casting his spells or catching her gaze for the Ovoid Mind transfer or BFR'ing her through time, etc.

serious question:

where do you find the energy.

I'm serious.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by shiv
serious question:

where do you find the energy.

I'm serious.

lol yeah I enjoy the debates here but yall got jobs and shit??

Anyway dumbgo, keep up the good fight!

chomperx9
BUMP

Lord Feron
why chomper why!

BattleMage
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Tony has also conceded that Doom's armor and understanding of tech is beyond his.

IMO, it's actually pretty even based on feats and showings. Doom w/o prep doesn't exist; he's prepared for pretty much anything on hand thanks to his suit and his magic. Either one is more than capable of besting the other one-on-one in a random encounter. Giving Doom actual time to prepare makes it spite.

thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.