KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » All Yoda's Fault.....

All Yoda's Fault.....
Started by: Rogue Jedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

All Yoda's Fault.....

a SW buddy of mine said he thinks that everything that led up to the rise of the sith is yoda's fault. any thoughts?

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post May 30th, 2005 02:29 AM
Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mysterio69
bored as f.uck

everything was inevitable. the will of the force.
heck, why not blame obi-wan then? he trained anakin.

Old Post May 30th, 2005 02:31 AM
Click here to Send mysterio69 a Private Message Find more posts by mysterio69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

I doubt any one jedi is to blame, and the one with the biggest mistake would be Qui-Gon.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post May 30th, 2005 02:31 AM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

what? qui gon, had he lived, would have been the perfect master for annie. in my opinion, annie should have never been trained. he was, so thats that. but, i think the job should have fell upon yoda or mace windu to train him.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post May 30th, 2005 02:33 AM
Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exar Fett
Badass Jedi

if anyone's to blame, it's Padme

Old Post May 30th, 2005 02:33 AM
Click here to Send Exar Fett a Private Message Find more posts by Exar Fett Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mysterio69
bored as f.uck

why qui-gon? if you were him and tested a little kid's midi-blah-blah count and he had even more than yoda, would you just say, "meh" and leave him there?

Old Post May 30th, 2005 02:34 AM
Click here to Send mysterio69 a Private Message Find more posts by mysterio69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mysterio69
bored as f.uck

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Exar Fett
if anyone's to blame, it's Padme

well, many empire's have fallen...or in this case, built because of poon.

Old Post May 30th, 2005 02:36 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

exactly. qui gon saw annies potential. even though i agree that annie shouldnt have been trained, qui gon would have been an ideal master to train him.

Old Post May 30th, 2005 02:36 AM
NoFate007

The one thing that doesn't make sense though, is that Obi-Wan beat Anakin, and although Yoda didn't beat Sidious, he put up a good fight. Now logically, wouldn't Yoda want to get Obi-Wan to go at another time and face Sidious so they could kill him? The two of them combined could take him, especially if they could come in contact with others to help them. Palps is good, but he's not gonna be able to defend himself against like 10 Jedi, a bunch of people with blasters, and the two most powerful Jedi in the order! So yes, it is Yoda's fault, for not having thought of that plan, and for teaching Jedi for hundreds of years things like "strong enough to fight the Emperor, you are not"..."Too sure of themselves they are, even the older, more experienced ones"...learn your own lesson Kermit.

Yoda still rocks though lol.

Old Post May 30th, 2005 02:37 AM
Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
exactly. qui gon saw annies potential. even though i agree that annie shouldnt have been trained, qui gon would have been an ideal master to train him.

Yes had he lived he would have been perfect, but his dying wish comes back to haunt them. You cant deny a guy his dying wish.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post May 30th, 2005 02:38 AM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

I'd never blame Qui Gon. It's Yoda and the rest of the Jedi's fault. Qui Gon understood that the Jedi were wrong. He was like a Rogue Jedi. Going against the will of the Council and the code. Yoda screwed it all up. He "failed" in more ways than one...

Old Post May 30th, 2005 02:45 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lazerlike42
Darth Incompetant

Qui-gon was the only Jedi left that was in-tune with the force and acting according to it's will. The rest of the Jedi were straying away from the ideals of the Jedi and becoming more political and dogmatic than anything. Yoda and Mace Windu are very much to blame, just as much as the rest of the council. They did not see the dark side rising and were duped by Palpatine because they were being politicians, not being Jedi. That is why Qui-gon was not on the council and often ignored them, because he was following the force and not them.

That is why Yoda becomes Qui-gon's apprentice at the end of the film; Qui-gon instructs Yoda and helps him to go back to the correct ways.

John 3:16 ^Thanks Ast Rofan^

Old Post May 30th, 2005 02:45 AM
Click here to Send Lazerlike42 a Private Message Find more posts by Lazerlike42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Originally posted by Lazerlike42
Qui-gon was the only Jedi left that was in-tune with the force and acting according to it's will. The rest of the Jedi were straying away from the ideals of the Jedi and becoming more political and dogmatic than anything. Yoda and Mace Windu are very much to blame, just as much as the rest of the council. They did not see the dark side rising and were duped by Palpatine because they were being politicians, not being Jedi. That is why Qui-gon was not on the council and often ignored them, because he was following the force and not them.

That is why Yoda becomes Qui-gon's apprentice at the end of the film; Qui-gon instructs Yoda and helps him to go back to the correct ways.

Very well said.... what I was trying to say.

Old Post May 30th, 2005 02:49 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Re: All Yoda's Fault.....

a SW buddy of mine said he thinks that everything that led up to the rise of the sith is yoda's fault. any thoughts?

That is incredibly false. If everyone would have listend to yoda, anakin would have been left at the door back when he was a shitty child actor.

Old Post May 30th, 2005 02:51 AM
Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

yoda had a responsibility to make sure annie was properly trained, and by appointing him to obi wan, he failed in this responsibility.

Lazerlike42
Darth Incompetant

Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
I'd never blame Qui Gon. It's Yoda and the rest of the Jedi's fault. Qui Gon understood that the Jedi were wrong. He was like a Rogue Jedi. Going against the will of the Council and the code. Yoda screwed it all up. He "failed" in more ways than one...

Indeed. Had Qui-Gon trained Anikan, he would have been there for the boy. As much as Obi-Wan was and was close to him, everything in his training was about dogma and rules. Neither he nor Yoda nor Mace paid any attention to Anikan's feelings. That's not to say that his feelings should take place over the responsibility of being a Jedi, but the fact remains he is human and humans have feelings. Qui-Gon would have been someone to go to for Anikan, and would have taught him how to control himself better. His feelings would have been tended to while still taking second place to the way of the Jedi.

This is the reason that when we see Luke being trained, Yoda and Obi-Wan pay more attention to his feelings (while not obsessing over them). They also warn him left and right about the dark side, whereas it seems in the time of ROTS nobody talks about it and the young padawans are left in a position where any one of them would easily succumb to temptation as they have not been warned. The reason Yoda and Obi-Wan behave differently is because Qui-Gon has been training them in these ways for 20 years, and this is why Luke is able to resist Palpatine.

Click here to Send Lazerlike42 a Private Message Find more posts by Lazerlike42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mysterio69
bored as f.uck

yeah. i was JUST gonna say that. you beat me too it.

Old Post May 30th, 2005 02:53 AM
jinXed by JaNx

yoda had a responsibility to make sure annie was properly trained, and by appointing him to obi wan, he failed in this responsibility.

Anakins training was not Yodas responsibility, it was his masters. Anakin turning to the dark side was not the fault of any jedi, it was achieved over years of deciet. Yoda was the ONLY jedi who sensed what Anakin was truly capable of.

Old Post May 30th, 2005 02:56 AM
Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UberJediMaster9

Smile

i think it was all mace windu's falut

if you read the book you understand what anakin is feeling and realize that he is balancing the jedi and the will to save padme. if mace were just paying more attention and wasnt so sure of the idea that anakin would never try to strike him down he couldve avoided anakin's attack and kill palpatine, tipping the scale in anakin's head to the jedi and the rigth path and everything wouldve been fine.

Old Post May 30th, 2005 02:57 AM
Click here to Send UberJediMaster9 a Private Message Find more posts by UberJediMaster9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lazerlike42
Darth Incompetant

Re: Re: All Yoda's Fault.....

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
That is incredibly false. If everyone would have listend to yoda, anakin would have been left at the door back when he was a shitty child actor.

There are two ways to look at this. Either Palpatine knew about Anakin (because he or Plagieus created the boy) and he would have then gotten the boy and trained him from youth into a MUCH more powerful Sith than he became before his injuries [I do NOT believe this theory I don't think either created him but just for the sake of arguement], pr he had a master plan to overthrow the Jedi WITHOUT the help of Anakin in which case he probably would have been succesful. He orchestrated everything else, and the whole Jedi order was totally blind to it, so there is NO reason to believe they would have stopped him. Be-it Maul, Tyrannus, or whomever, Sidious would have killed all the Jedi with someone else [this is the version I agree with]. Remember, he already had the entire clone army programmed to turn on the Jedi and kill them all anyways. The role Anakin played in the Jedi's downfall was quite insignificant in relation to the hundreds/thousands of Jedi that the soldiers killed.

It is only through Luke, who was begotten of Anakin, that the Sith were destroyed.

In other words, if everyone had listened to Yoda, he and Obi-Wan would be dead along with the rest of the Jedi and the Sith would rule forever.

Old Post May 30th, 2005 02:58 AM