KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Fixing the Movie

Fixing the Movie
Started by: Ragnarok_AU

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ragnarok_AU
Restricted

Account Restricted

Fixing the Movie

I know there are a few people who dont like some things about the 3rd Star Wars movie, actors, characters, lines and stuff.
So i made a thread that you can say what was wrong with the movie and
how you can fix it.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 05:35 AM
Click here to Send Ragnarok_AU a Private Message Find more posts by Ragnarok_AU Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Fire Ben Burtt as editor - This would fix a lot.

Fire the music editor - Ditto.

Replace Natalie Portman with a log - This performance is less likely to make me want to kill someone.

Last edited by DeVi| D0do on Jul 1st, 2005 at 05:46 AM

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 05:43 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robin Darkside
Restricted

Account Restricted

wheres superfly when u need him

The fate of the galaxy lies with the Empire.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 05:45 AM
Click here to Send Robin Darkside a Private Message Find more posts by Robin Darkside Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ragnarok_AU
Restricted

Account Restricted

erm why?

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 05:46 AM
Click here to Send Ragnarok_AU a Private Message Find more posts by Ragnarok_AU Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Coz he's cooler than you.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 05:46 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robin Darkside
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
Coz he's cooler than you.

laughing

The fate of the galaxy lies with the Empire.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 05:47 AM
Click here to Send Robin Darkside a Private Message Find more posts by Robin Darkside Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SS_181st_Snow
Flyer of the Wraith.

Here's a way.

Have Vader NEVER do that noooo thing.

Give Anakin his brain back.

Give me a lightsaber, and I'll own that pathetic little waste of dark jedi known as Vader.

HEIL BARON VON RICHTHOFEN! HEIL THE LUFTWAFFE!

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 05:56 AM
Click here to Send SS_181st_Snow a Private Message Find more posts by SS_181st_Snow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanquish

1) Make Anakin appear stronger then they did. He is supposed to be the chosen one, the strongest force user ever, and in his absolute prime. I know he has to lose to Obi wan and get burned, to put him in the suit, but he should not have lost the duel straight up. I love Obi wan, but everything we know about Anakin at that time says he should be able to mop the floor with pretty much any Jedi, Obi wan forsure. Something external should have happened to make him lose that fight. Not just a straight up loss, that was weak. Vader is stronger then that... I thought.

2) Get rid of Padme, or at least make her take some serious acting classes before starting to film her scenes. Her being hot carried her through the first two, but it's not enough this time, especially because she really looked fat in this one.

3) Make it VERY clear that Palps was just toying with Mace in the fight. The movie makes it appear like he actually did lose to Windu, but everything we know points in a different direction.

4) Include Qui Gon at the end, not just his name.

5) Show less of Grevious who was a basically useless charcter, and show more of the other Jedi's death scenes. Also, make them appear stronger then they did. Especially Plo, that was just rediculous how he died. Very disappointed

I could probably go on indefinitely, but that would give the impression that I didn't like the movie, which is wrong. I guess because the movies are SO good, that's the reason why we pick them apart smile

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 07:58 AM
Click here to Send Vanquish a Private Message Find more posts by Vanquish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mstr GEKA
Dumb as a Wise Can Be

Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
Fire Ben Burtt as editor - This would fix a lot.

Fire the music editor - Ditto.

Replace Natalie Portman with a log - This performance is less likely to make me want to kill someone.

These are wise words.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 12:42 PM
Click here to Send Mstr GEKA a Private Message Find more posts by Mstr GEKA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mstr GEKA
Dumb as a Wise Can Be

The reason we pick them appart might simply be "It is Star Wars" and moreover 'it is a prequel"

We all loved the OT obiously and we all loved SW (Yes we do spend quite a lot of time talking about it...)

Being a prequel (the last one) we knew what would finally happend and all had preconcieved ideas of HOW that would happend... (easy to be disapointed whan you have expectations)

It is true that I would change so many things... even the first shot would be quite different (did not like all that space ship flipping thing) and being announced as the biggest space battle ever I was disapointed as I could not find the same feeling than in ANH or ROTJ...

Another example would be the wookies... it seems that they were just thrown there... just to have them and come into more familiar grounds... (or should I say furs)

I hated S.L. Jackson Performance... It was... (can't find a word that would not upset Unconditional Fans)

Definitely hated the Nooooo... and all the Utapau stuff seemed out of place...

What made me sad is that even this last PT episode did not made me feel the same passion I had for the OT ( and let's face it those weren't perfect either) but in the end I am simply sad that it's all over... and knowing there is nothing left (at least on the big screen) I felt unsatisfied...

My last Word... Palpatine (the actor) ruled and made all of the PT worth the wait...

I'm getting lost here... what was this thread about????

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 01:02 PM
Click here to Send Mstr GEKA a Private Message Find more posts by Mstr GEKA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robin Dickside
Restricted

Account Restricted

I felt for Obiwan, he loved Anakin

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 01:03 PM
Click here to Send Robin Dickside a Private Message Find more posts by Robin Dickside Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
david flood

show more on the march into the temple................show more of jedi deaths ................show how shaak ti and luminara die.................show more gg......................and make anis change to darkside more believable

as said the film is one of the best............oh and show qui gon........some of these already mentioned so im just agreeing

many thanks to ast for the cool sig

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 01:04 PM
Click here to Send david flood a Private Message Find more posts by david flood Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robin Dickside
Restricted

Account Restricted

"You were my brother Anakin, I loved you"

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 01:05 PM
Click here to Send Robin Dickside a Private Message Find more posts by Robin Dickside Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

-make GG look more skillful and more evil, add that scene with him killing shak ti, basically make him more than just an overglorified gimmick (he has four arms!!!! HE HAS FOUR ARMS!!!!! big f***ing deal)

-have real actors play the role of doctors at padme's birth scene. do we have to have CG fill every inch of every scene in every moment of the film? OOOOBAAAAA OOOOOOBAAAAAA wtf was that????

-and basically what most everyone else is saying

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 01:09 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robin Dickside
Restricted

Account Restricted

"you will be a Jedi, I promise"

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 01:16 PM
Eleonora

Not slice it into tiny scenes. Who would have cared if it was longer?

"From my point of view the Jedi are evil"...... "No, the Jedi are evil". Full stop.

When Annie & Padme meet for the first time after months, Hayden gives a fantastic performance, he makes us believe he missed her, whereas Natalie's "Oh Anakin" should have been said at least with a little emotion don't you think?

Include the birth of the Rebel Alliance. That would have shown that Padme remains a strong and professional senator.

ps. The moment Anakin becomes Vader he loses Vanquish and by the way that comment on Padme being fat is rude and stupid.

BTW I totally agree on Grievous, he is "blank". Is there anyone else who didn't like his voice at all?

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 01:16 PM
Click here to Send Eleonora a Private Message Find more posts by Eleonora Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

1.) Give Darth Vader a fight scene when he's in the Vader suit
2.) Give Yoda a better fight scene
3.) Padme'...do I have to say anything?
4.) Anakin is supposed to be a strong force user. How many times did he use the force in 3?
5.) Throw in a scene with Qui-Gon as a ghost
6.) If Grievous could take on 5 Jedi at once you could have given him a better fight scene, not 2 minutes of fighting 5 minutes for running.
I could go on but that's all I shall post.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 01:32 PM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

potman was FAT??? wtf is wrong with your eyes?

if anything she should have put on some weight to make for a convincing pregnant woman. instead she looked like skeletor with a stomach growth.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 01:33 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
david flood

Originally posted by PVS
-OOOOBAAAAA OOOOOOBAAAAAA wtf was that????

laughing out loud laughing out loud Happy Dance laughing out loud laughing out loud

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 01:54 PM
Click here to Send david flood a Private Message Find more posts by david flood Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prince Nauj
Bebop

I don't know why everyone criticizes Natalie portmans performance. the only reason she acted that way its because its in the script. she can not change the worlds, her attitude etc. what was written down it was her job to do so, so blame gl about that. and also the noooo sceen isnt that bad. remember anakin is still young and emotional about the whole situation that just happened.

lo lo Bromios lo lo Dendrites lo lo Eleutherios lo lo Enorches...

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 02:01 PM
Click here to Send Prince Nauj a Private Message Find more posts by Prince Nauj Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote