KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Final Fantasy VII - PS3 Technical Demo

Final Fantasy VII - PS3 Technical Demo
Started by: JKozzy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Shocked Final Fantasy VII - PS3 Technical Demo

Just posted on Gamespot, this little diddy is a complete remake of the Final Fantasy VII introduction movie from the PS1. Rendered completely in realtime, on the Playstation 3, this video is exactly that, only with severely updated graphics, and higher quality sound. Is this going to mean that a full-blown remake is on its way? Or is this setting us up for depression (those of us who want a remake)?

It's available here, I think it's downloadabe if you have Gamespot basic, which is just sign up free type thing, exactly what you did for KMC. Or maybe I'm wrong, and you can get it anyway.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/rpg/fin...ew_6124979.html

From Gamespot:
Final Fantasy VII Tech Demo E3 2005 Impressions

One of the more impressive aspects of the Sony press conference was the appearance of a so-called Final Fantasy VII "Technical Demo for PS3," a recreation of the original CGI intro for Final Fantasy VII rerendered in real-time for the PS3 hardware. The power of the PS3 is immediately apparent, as the low-poly CGI of the original game is replaced with some impressively modelled characters; Aeris actually looks recognizably human now. After pulling back to reveal Midgar in all its plume-of-smoke glory, the sequence cuts back to the train from which Cloud first appeared in FFVII. Instead of being up of about 100 polygons with big blocks for hands, though, Cloud here appears to be almost as realistically rendered as he is in the FFVII: Advent Children all-CGI movie.

At the outset, the tech demo features a profile of Aeris, doing her flower-selling thing on the streets of Midgar. As the camera pulls back, we see the actual cars on the streets, faithfully modelled and bouncing realistically, until finally it pulls all the way out to a panorama of Midgar itself, complete with iconic green smoke issuing forth from the chimneys of Shinra's power generation facilities. Soon enough, flashes of the train from the opening sequence of the game appear, and Cloud appears, big-ass sword in tow. The sequence ends with a - we admit it - absolutely gorgeous close-up of Cloud, with sword in tow.

The speculation now revolves around whether or not the "Technical Demo" of FFVII intimates that there will actually be a full remake of the game for the PS3, which is something that fans of Final Fantasy have been begging for for years. Final Fantasy VII is still arguably the most well-regarded of the Final Fantasy games, and speculation has been mounting for a while now that Square might attempt to cash in on that popularity by issuing a remake. Considering that this is a company that's announced at least three other games, as well as an all-CGI movie, based on the characters and storyline of FFVII, we can't rule anything out at the moment. Square didn't state anything for sure at the press conference, but we will of course have more details as they come along.

By Matthew Rorie, GameSpot POSTED: 05/16/05 07:07 PM

Old Post May 17th, 2005 04:47 AM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

looks amazing! i doubt they would set us up since the next generation consoles are coming out and we need a new standard on gaming. besides it wouldnt be nice to piss off the fanbase.

i hope they make one for FFVI as well.

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post May 17th, 2005 06:29 AM
TrAnCeDuO is currently offline Click here to Send TrAnCeDuO a Private Message Find more posts by TrAnCeDuO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

I have no comment considering I hated FF7, I just saw it in the E3 list of games, it'll probably be a remake.

Old Post May 17th, 2005 12:14 PM
JToTheP is currently offline Click here to Send JToTheP a Private Message Find more posts by JToTheP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AdventChild
The Oringinal AdventChild

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JToTheP
I have no comment considering I hated FF7, I just saw it in the E3 list of games, it'll probably be a remake.

you know you have the worst taste in games... you're just plain out annoying....any way it looks awsome... They're going to make tons of money.

Old Post May 17th, 2005 04:13 PM
AdventChild is currently offline Click here to Send AdventChild a Private Message Find more posts by AdventChild Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Im uncertain whether it will be a remake.. but if it is.. sign me up! thumb up eek!

ff7 was the best tech demo IMO.. followed by gran turis and maybe tekken

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post May 17th, 2005 06:48 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

Originally posted by AdventChild
you know you have the worst taste in games... you're just plain out annoying....any way it looks awsome... They're going to make tons of money.

Who the f*** are you talking too? YOUR telling me my taste in games sucks, and your the one who since you've been posting in the E3 threads, hasn't said jack s*** about the NEW consoles and are talking about the NEXT NEXT consoles like a complete jackass.

Final Fantasy 7 is one of the most overrated games ever, try playing a REAL video game, instead of RPGs all the time.

Old Post May 17th, 2005 09:58 PM
JToTheP is currently offline Click here to Send JToTheP a Private Message Find more posts by JToTheP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TX!
judgement day will come!

i personally liked ff7 and the tech demos for PS3 were pretty cool especially KILLZONE 2

Old Post May 18th, 2005 01:47 AM
TX! is currently offline Click here to Send TX! a Private Message Find more posts by TX! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AdventChild

Originally posted by JToTheP
Who the f*** are you talking too? YOUR telling me my taste in games sucks, and your the one who since you've been posting in the E3 threads, hasn't said jack s*** about the NEW consoles and are talking about the NEXT NEXT consoles like a complete jackass.

Final Fantasy 7 is one of the most overrated games ever, try playing a REAL video game, instead of RPGs all the time.

I don't play RPG's all the time actually... I'm talking to you to answer your question. I don't need to say anything about new consoles being that most everything has already been said.. And i don't remember insulting you but anyway just because my beliefs don't agree with yours doesn't mean you need to insult me calling me a jackass. if i offened you i apologize i just simply think in my opinion that FF7 was a really good game and I do play other games other than RPG!!! like MGS, Armored Core series, star wars games, Tekken, Marvel V.S Capcom, Marvel V.S SNK, and alot of other fighting games.... If anything i play fighting games more than anyhting else... but yea i'm done now have a nice day.. cool

Old Post May 18th, 2005 02:34 AM
AdventChild is currently offline Click here to Send AdventChild a Private Message Find more posts by AdventChild Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

back to the topic at hand stick out tongue

if the graphics are really that good i cant wait to see what they can accomplish with games like pro evolution soccer, mgs and resident evil...

and a remake would be welcome, though it would need bits and pieces added to it to make it worth buying...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 18th, 2005 02:43 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

imagine how long the games will take to come out... .. sick

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post May 18th, 2005 03:48 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

well as i said we need a new sandard of gaming.

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post May 18th, 2005 04:10 AM
TrAnCeDuO is currently offline Click here to Send TrAnCeDuO a Private Message Find more posts by TrAnCeDuO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AdventChild

they said that they don't plan to relaese the remake if there is one.... looks soo good tho...

Old Post May 18th, 2005 04:15 AM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

I don't know WHY they won't make a remake. Fans have been clamoring for it for years. It's instant profit.

Old Post May 18th, 2005 04:17 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mr.smiley

two words

KICK ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post May 18th, 2005 01:26 PM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dante Vlada
Living My Last Days

Originally posted by JKozzy
Just posted on Gamespot, this little diddy is a complete remake of the Final Fantasy VII introduction movie from the PS1. Rendered completely in realtime, on the Playstation 3, this video is exactly that, only with severely updated graphics, and higher quality sound. Is this going to mean that a full-blown remake is on its way? Or is this setting us up for depression (those of us who want a remake)?

It's available here, I think it's downloadabe if you have Gamespot basic, which is just sign up free type thing, exactly what you did for KMC. Or maybe I'm wrong, and you can get it anyway.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/rpg/fin...ew_6124979.html

From Gamespot:
Final Fantasy VII Tech Demo E3 2005 Impressions

One of the more impressive aspects of the Sony press conference was the appearance of a so-called Final Fantasy VII "Technical Demo for PS3," a recreation of the original CGI intro for Final Fantasy VII rerendered in real-time for the PS3 hardware. The power of the PS3 is immediately apparent, as the low-poly CGI of the original game is replaced with some impressively modelled characters; Aeris actually looks recognizably human now. After pulling back to reveal Midgar in all its plume-of-smoke glory, the sequence cuts back to the train from which Cloud first appeared in FFVII. Instead of being up of about 100 polygons with big blocks for hands, though, Cloud here appears to be almost as realistically rendered as he is in the FFVII: Advent Children all-CGI movie.

At the outset, the tech demo features a profile of Aeris, doing her flower-selling thing on the streets of Midgar. As the camera pulls back, we see the actual cars on the streets, faithfully modelled and bouncing realistically, until finally it pulls all the way out to a panorama of Midgar itself, complete with iconic green smoke issuing forth from the chimneys of Shinra's power generation facilities. Soon enough, flashes of the train from the opening sequence of the game appear, and Cloud appears, big-ass sword in tow. The sequence ends with a - we admit it - absolutely gorgeous close-up of Cloud, with sword in tow.

The speculation now revolves around whether or not the "Technical Demo" of FFVII intimates that there will actually be a full remake of the game for the PS3, which is something that fans of Final Fantasy have been begging for for years. Final Fantasy VII is still arguably the most well-regarded of the Final Fantasy games, and speculation has been mounting for a while now that Square might attempt to cash in on that popularity by issuing a remake. Considering that this is a company that's announced at least three other games, as well as an all-CGI movie, based on the characters and storyline of FFVII, we can't rule anything out at the moment. Square didn't state anything for sure at the press conference, but we will of course have more details as they come along.

By Matthew Rorie, GameSpot POSTED: 05/16/05 07:07 PM

goto www.gametrailers.com their downloads are free

Old Post May 18th, 2005 05:19 PM
Dante Vlada is currently offline Click here to Send Dante Vlada a Private Message Find more posts by Dante Vlada Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dante Vlada
Living My Last Days

I saw the ff7 tech demo and it wasn't that impressive from a technical stand point, but as a fan it was nice to see ff7 with updated graphics.

Old Post May 18th, 2005 08:09 PM
Dante Vlada is currently offline Click here to Send Dante Vlada a Private Message Find more posts by Dante Vlada Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morgoths_Wrath

I think they'd be crazy NOT to do it. people have been asking for it for a long time (personally I would have liked to see FFVI remade, but since it wasn't as popular as VII and it's sure to be more work to remake then VII, it will probably never happen). they already have the game right in front of them, they just have to fix it up all pretty and give FF fans what they want.

I was planning on waiting a bit before I got PS3, but if they would really decide to do a remake of this game I'd be sure to pick up a PS3 in a hurry.

Old Post May 18th, 2005 11:58 PM
Morgoths_Wrath is currently offline Click here to Send Morgoths_Wrath a Private Message Find more posts by Morgoths_Wrath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TX!
judgement day will come!

well did anyone see another ff7 tech demo they showed in E3 with barrett and cloud and some other characters fighting a big dragon like monster that was pretty cool

Old Post May 19th, 2005 01:30 AM
TX! is currently offline Click here to Send TX! a Private Message Find more posts by TX! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

That was VERY cool....but it was the Final Fantasy: Advent Children movie that is gonna come out. It's not a game. But the movie will influence the storylines of alot of the spinoffs coming. Like Crisis Core.

Old Post May 19th, 2005 01:32 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TX!
judgement day will come!

ok looks like its gonna be a cool movie then

Old Post May 19th, 2005 01:37 AM