KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Is Thor the best?

Is Thor the best?
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

Is Thor the best?

This contest is Thor vs any SINGLE Herald.

The twist is if Thor fight a speedster (Gladiator, Superman, etc...) his speed is increased to their level and he also gets the same experience with their speed just like they have.

What single Herald can pull a majority against him? Is it just a speed difference that keep other Heralds in Thor league?

Who can pull a majority?

Thor face each of these individuals in a gauntlet fashion. If there is a speed difference, he receive the same amount of speed they have along with the experience.

Is it just the speed that keeps Thor from basically overwhelming his opponents for a large majority?

Without the speed difference what would you give Thor out of 10 against...

1. Surfer
2. Superman
3. Captain Marvel
4. Wally
5. Runner
6. Black Adam

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Last edited by Badabing on May 31st, 2011 at 03:35 AM

Old Post May 31st, 2011 03:13 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

He destroys them all.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post May 31st, 2011 03:14 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

The main argument against Thor versus other high heralds is his speed, so him having movement speed always at least equal to his opponent pretty much nets him the win versus a vast majority of them.

Old Post May 31st, 2011 03:19 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

If he can move at the speed of Gladiator or superman then they lose their one true big advantage. Thor would beat them soundly. Nice thread idea btw.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post May 31st, 2011 03:21 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Yeah, speed equalized I can't see any herald or even trans that he can't beat.

Old Post May 31st, 2011 03:22 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

For a real challenge:

Beta Ray Bill.

Even if he can't beat Thor a majority, the fact Thor was born into his godhood, while Bill had to earn his hammer, makes Bill the best imo. stick out tongue

Old Post May 31st, 2011 03:25 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hyperion Prime

I still don't think even with the speed added that he can beat Superman or Captain marvel/Black Adam. I think they are just naturally stronger. He beats anyone else that's a Herald.

Old Post May 31st, 2011 03:26 AM
Hyperion Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Hyperion Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Hyperion Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

is Thor the best?

This is a remake but I am adding peeps. Thor face each of these individuals in a gauntlet fashion. If there is a speed difference, he receive the same amount of speed they have along with the experience.

Is it just the speed that keeps Thor from basically overwhelming his opponents for a large majority?

1. Surfer
2. Superman
3. Captain Marvel
4. Wally
5. Runner
6. Black Adam

Last edited by carver9 on May 31st, 2011 at 03:29 AM

Old Post May 31st, 2011 03:27 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hyperion Prime

Re: is Thor the best?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
This is a remake but I am adding peeps. Thor face each of these individuals in a gauntlet fashion. If there is a speed difference, he receive the same amount of speed they have along with the experience.

1. Surfer
2. Superman
3. Captain Marvel
4. Wally
5. Runner

I still don't think even with the speed added that he can beat Superman or Captain marvel/Black Adam. I think they are just naturally stronger. He beats anyone else that's a Herald.

He beats Wally, Surfer but he dosen't beat the runner.

Old Post May 31st, 2011 03:29 AM
Hyperion Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Hyperion Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Hyperion Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by Hyperion Prime

Stronger, sure, I can see that though not by a massive degree to compensate for Thor's extreme power output and versatility.

Old Post May 31st, 2011 03:30 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Re: Re: is Thor the best?

He beats Wally, Surfer but he dosen't beat the runner.

Thor is just as strong as them. What are you talking about?

Last edited by carver9 on May 31st, 2011 at 03:34 AM

Old Post May 31st, 2011 03:31 AM
Badabing
Karen

Merged. Thank you Carver. I'll edit the OP so it reflects the new list.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post May 31st, 2011 03:34 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

1. Surfer
2. Superman
3. Captain Marvel
4. Wally
5. Runner
6. Black Adam

1. 8/10. Normally, I'd give Thor 6/10 out of Surfer, anyway.

2. 8/10. See above.

3. 9/10. Cap doesn't have the versatility needed to hang with a Thor with speed equal to the Speed of Mercury. Normally, I'd give Thor 6-7/10 over Cap.

4. Hmmm. Tricky. If Wally speed steals him, he'd win. Barring that, facing someone who's just as fast as he with massive power, strength, durability, etc, he'd probably lose 10/10 outside of creative speed use/manipulation.

5. What's Runner's best combat feats displaying durability, strength, etc.?

6. 9/10. Same as Cap.

Old Post May 31st, 2011 03:35 AM
Hyperion Prime

Re: Re: Re: is Thor the best?

Thor is just as strong as them. What are you talking about?

I gave a reply...when I tried to submit it it said invalid post. I am not doing it again. mad

Old Post May 31st, 2011 03:35 AM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I think he can soundly beat them all except for Wally. Even if Thor knows all the tricks I can see Wally come up with a "Flash Fact # 234: Relativistic BS pawns nurse gods"

Old Post May 31st, 2011 03:38 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

I gave a reply...when I tried to submit it it said invalid post. I am not doing it again. mad
I was merging the 2 threads. laughing out loud

Post again!

Thor does have super speed. But I only know of 1 instance.

http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/...rspeed014aw.jpg

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post May 31st, 2011 03:39 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Badabing
Merged. Thank you Carver. I'll edit the OP so it reflects the new list.

No prob.

Old Post May 31st, 2011 03:42 AM
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

thor beats all, unlike any other herald he has a hammer

which should be equivilant to two humans fighting but one has hammer or baseball bat

give herc a mljonir copy and thors powers and he would kick thors but though

I have returned

Old Post May 31st, 2011 03:46 AM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by CosmicComet
Yeah, speed equalized I can't see any herald or even trans that he can't beat.
Can't beat Genis.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post May 31st, 2011 03:48 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Old Post May 31st, 2011 03:49 AM