KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » DC Comics #1 & The CB Vs Forum

DC Comics #1 & The CB Vs Forum
Started by: Badabing

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Badabing
Karen

DC Comics #1 & The CB Vs Forum

I'd like some input and ideas on how we should handle the DC issues starting in September.

I've heard it will be a reboot, just a renumbering and just a retelling of origins and characters. I haven't been keeping up with what exactly DC is going to do regarding the past 20+ years of comic history.

I do know we can't disregard all the history since the first Crisis in the CB Vs Forum since it may take months to years for characters to gain enough showings and feats to be of use here.

Should we just integrate all the DC comics starting in September as if nothing happened?

Use all the prior feats and wait to see how this all plays out?

My main goal is not to have dozens of repeat threads just because all DC comics will be starting at #1 in September. Any suggestions are appreciated.

DCU gets remade

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jul 27th, 2011 01:44 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bluddflagg

I vote we continue business as usual until every character has enough feats to be argued as separate.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2011 01:46 AM
Bluddflagg is currently offline Click here to Send Bluddflagg a Private Message Find more posts by Bluddflagg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

I think they should be argued as separate characters, just like pre vs post crisis.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2011 01:47 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

Until feats and any changes have some time to become established, I would just continue the status quo with post-crisis to pre-reboot being the standard.

Just my 2 cents.

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Jul 27th, 2011 01:48 AM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by King Kandy
I think they should be argued as separate characters, just like pre vs post crisis.
Agreed.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2011 01:48 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

agreed, when making a vs thread best to specify which version of the character. remake version or golden age or modern for example.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2011 01:50 AM
chomperx9 is currently offline Click here to Send chomperx9 a Private Message Find more posts by chomperx9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

That's great when they get some feats under their belts, but what do you assume when someone in September makes a "Superman vs. Blah" thread? Do you use pre-reboot feats or the one feat that new Superman has at that point?

Old Post Jul 27th, 2011 01:51 AM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Pict
Defender Of The Faith

Re: DC Comics #1 & The CB Vs Forum

Originally posted by Badabing
I'd like some input and ideas on how we should handle the DC issues starting in September.

I've heard it will be a reboot, just a renumbering and just a retelling of origins and characters. I haven't been keeping up with what exactly DC is going to do regarding the past 20+ years of comic history.

I do know we can't disregard all the history since the first Crisis in the CB Vs Forum since it may take months to years for characters to gain enough showings and feats to be of use here.

Should we just integrate all the DC comics starting in September as if nothing happened?

Use all the prior feats and wait to see how this all plays out?

My main goal is not to have dozens of repeat threads just because all DC comics will be starting at #1 in September. Any suggestions are appreciated.

DCU gets remade

This is too much, make it go away sad

Hot sig by Scottie

Old Post Jul 27th, 2011 02:03 AM
The Pict is currently offline Click here to Send The Pict a Private Message Find more posts by The Pict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Originally posted by Cogito
That's great when they get some feats under their belts, but what do you assume when someone in September makes a "Superman vs. Blah" thread? Do you use pre-reboot feats or the one feat that new Superman has at that point?

They should specify which one they are using.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2011 02:12 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

Should people even be allowed to use characters before they have real feats?

Obviously when characters are established there should be specificity...

Old Post Jul 27th, 2011 02:16 AM
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

thumb up

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Jul 27th, 2011 02:17 AM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Should people even be allowed to use characters before they have real feats?

Obviously when characters are established there should be specificity...

People use basically featless characters all the time. Does it lead to good discussion? Usually not. Should they still be allowed to do it? Of course.

I don't see any reason to apply a characters history if the comics themselves aren't doing it.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2011 02:18 AM
Senor Cage

Not all characters will be effected. However, we know Superman will change. Probably dramatically. Batman won't. Green Lantern will probably stay the same, etc... Others like Captain Atom, Hawkman, and Firestrom will have changes as well. It all depends on the character.

If we do use the new DCU characters, how will we label it?

Old Post Jul 27th, 2011 02:19 AM
Senor Cage is online now! Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

People use basically featless characters all the time. Does it lead to good discussion? Usually not. Should they still be allowed to do it? Of course.

I don't see any reason to apply a characters history if the comics themselves aren't doing it.

This is different from featless characters because people will use pre-reboot feats/assumptions that don't necessarily apply regardless

Old Post Jul 27th, 2011 02:20 AM
King Kandy

Originally posted by Prep-Man
Not all characters will be effected. However, we know Superman will change. Probably dramatically. Batman won't. Green Lantern will probably stay the same, etc... Others like Captain Atom, Hawkman, and Firestrom will have changes as well. It all depends on the character.

If we do use the new DCU characters, how will we label it?

Same deal with the crisis. People are quick to point out that new gods/gl/whoever is unaffected. Obviously, if they keep their history then we should as well. And if they don't we shouldn't.

I suggest staying simple. Pre/post Reboot.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2011 02:21 AM
King Kandy

This is different from featless characters because people will use pre-reboot feats/assumptions that don't necessarily apply regardless

Well that's exactly what we should rule out, by having separate versions.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2011 02:22 AM
Cogito

I suggest staying simple. Pre/post Reboot.

I agree...but not immediately. Keep it pre-only for most characters until they're established

Old Post Jul 27th, 2011 02:23 AM
King Kandy

If you want to discuss post reboot, with only the feats they actually have performed, I don't see the problem.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2011 02:25 AM
Senor Cage

Or maybe, how do they say it? DCnU Superman?

Old Post Jul 27th, 2011 02:25 AM
Senor Cage is online now! Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

Maybe I'm just excessively cynical and think unwarranted assumptions will carry over regardless (e.g. assumptions over Superman's speed/strength)

Edit: Just wanted to make it clear that I don't think I'm above making these assumptions also. In fact, I almost certainly would

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Jul 27th, 2011 02:26 AM